Anime Discussion [Summer 2024] Anime Seasonals - General Discussion [Season of the Robot Waifu]

Do you want more pinned threads in this section? For example a thread dedicated for anime news?

• Total voters

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 ✰
β€Ž
Let's talk about Crunchyroll Award 2023 and how to make it better.

FUCK JUJUTSU KAISEN AND DEMON SLAYER!!!!

Anime of the Year (for me):

Best Continuing Series: One Piece can stay.

Best New Series: Chainsaw Man can stay.

Best Anime Movie: Suzume can stay.

Best Original Anime: I prefer Akiba Maid War or Witch from Mercury more but Buddy Daddies is fine.

Best Animation: I'll give this one to Demon Slayer at the very least.

Best Character Design: Should have been Chainsaw Man instead of JJK.

Best Director: Don't know any of them unfortunately. So the director can stay.

Best Cinematography: AOT Final Season Part 1 for me.

Best Art Direction:

Should have been Zom 100 instead of Demon Slayer.

Best Romance Anime: Horimiya Piece is great and all, but I feel like it's a "sequel" to Horimiya or a remake, like Quintessential Quintuplets new series. So I wouldn't really nominate this as the best romance. For me:

My Happy Marriage is one of the best new romance in a while. And the concept is original and not cliche like most romcoms.

Best Comedy: Spy x Family Cour 2 can stay.

Best Action:

Should have been Bleach Cour 2 instead of JJK.

Best Fantasy:

Mushoku Tensei Season 2 instead of DS. Fuck DS for this.

Best Drama:

Heavenly Delusion for me.

Best Slice of Life: Bocchi the Rock can stay but I don't mind Skip and Loafer or Insomniacs after school either.

Best Main Character: Should have been Thorfinn instead of Luffy.

But we got:

Which is sad.

Best Supporting Character: Fuck Gojo despite him being my favorite JJK character, but it should have been Reigen instead.

"Must Protect at all costs" character: Anya can stay.

Best Song: Idol by YOASOBI can stay.

Best Anime Score: AOT Part 1 can stay. Hiroyuki Sawano is goated.

Best Opening Sequence: Not gonna lie, I actually enjoyed Jigokuraku or Hell's Paradise OP despite MAPPA butcher the hell out of it. So that.

Best Ending Sequence: Chainsaw Man OP 3 or Mephisto for me.

Best Anime Voice Artist Performance: Kikunosuke Toya (Denji) from Chainsaw Man. For his very first role, his voice acting is impressive.

Don't know about other voice actors for other languages so I'mma skip those.

So Chainsaw Man here wins 3 or 4 if you're counting Ending Sequence as the most Awards in my opinion. Which is fine because Chainsaw Man is actually a good series, too bad that most Japanese audience seems to hate it though.

So how do y'all feel about my opinions for Crunchyroll Awards for 2023? And what would y'all put for these? Would love to see some opinions.

AI art is not that bad imo.
Best Romance either My Happy Marriage yeah or Insomniacs After School.

Aside from these two I don't feel any other deserves it. Horimiya Pieces are the "leftovers" from the Horimiya anime which is fine and good that it aired but I don't think it should count.

The Dangers in my Heart S1 in 3rd Place for me.

Aside from these nothing noteworthy except Tomo-chan is a girl and Angel Next door.

Now watch Angel Next Door S2 being done by another studio and being best romance for that year (or not)

Best Romance either My Happy Marriage yeah or Insomniacs After School.

Aside from these two I don't feel any other deserves it. Horimiya Pieces are the "leftovers" from the Horimiya anime which is fine and good that it aired but I don't think it should count.

The Dangers in my Heart S1 in 3rd Place for me.

Aside from these nothing noteworthy except Tomo-chan is a girl and Angel Next door.

Now watch Angel Next Door S2 being done by another studio and being best romance for that year (or not)
Yeah I agreed. Horimiya Missing Pieces shouldn't count as its title suggests, the leftovers from the manga that weren't adapted in the 2021 anime.

I just realized that Angel Next Door and The Dangers in My Heart didn't even get nominees in Crunchyroll LOL.πŸ’€

Crunchyroll is ass.

Mashiro Blue

β€Ž
Yeah I agreed. Horimiya Missing Pieces shouldn't count as its title suggests, the leftovers from the manga that weren't adapted in the 2021 anime.

I just realized that Angel Next Door and The Dangers in My Heart didn't even get nominees in Crunchyroll LOL.πŸ’€

Crunchyroll is ass.
Crunchy awards are actually more like "Most Popular Anime Awards" than "Best Anime Awards".

I didn't even looked at the awards but if you think which is the most popular/mainstream anime for each category instead of strictly quality you'll guess most of them right.

Chibi Reviews talks about Re:Zero S3 censorship here:

To sum up if y'all don't want to watch the video, Capella's and Liliana's clothes got censored due to "sexually suggestive". Yeah that's it lol. Chibi talks about it at 14:10 if y'all need the timestamp for the video above.

Mashiro Blue

β€Ž
Finishing Sound! Euphonium this week and the last half of Misfit of Demon King Academy (which I put on hold since the delay) and I'm ready for Spring :absojustice:

Crunchy awards are actually more like "Most Popular Anime Awards" than "Best Anime Awards".

I didn't even looked at the awards but if you think which is the most popular/mainstream anime for each category instead of strictly quality you'll guess most of them right.
Pretty much. People voting based on popularity, not based on the quality that makes the anime great which is unfortunate.

Mr. Villain's Day Off: 8/10. A very wholesome show about a villain that visits panda's zoo time to time while operates as a general of an evil organization against power rangers. Kinda like Love After World Domination but it's villain's POV instead.

The tree spirits story was pretty cute and nice, a good ending to the series overall. Hope this gets a season 2.

Goodbye Mr. Villain!!!

'Tis Time for "Torture," Princess: 7/10. Pretty good and enjoyable show about "torture" Lmao. The foods are delicious and the slice of life aspect was cute. Torture is best girl and Ex is best boi.

And it got a season 2 btw:

Synduality Noir Part 2: 7.5/10. Decent mecha sci-fi dystopia world anime by eightbit (studio that does Slime). I'm gonna miss my girls Ciel and mommy Claudia T_T

Weisheit got what he fucking deserved in the end.

High Card Season 2: 8/10. Very underrated show. The story about cards is fascinating and the art is appealing. Love P is best girl with Chelsea being close second.

(Love P)

(Chelsea)

PRAY FORZA FIRE!!!!!

Hokkaido Gals are Super Adorable: 8.5/10. I'm definitely moving to Hokkaido now Lol. Fuyuki traveled overseas for two weeks is the biggest bait Lmao, my man Tsubasa was depressing and shit.

The two new gals appear too late at the end. Hopefully we get a season 2 for their screentime.

Best gals ranking, Gamer Gal Sayuri > Fuyuki's mom >~ Rena > Fuyuki for me.

The Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil: 9/10. A good romance I'll say. Kaguya Love is War vibe but angel and demon edition instead.

I read the manga of this a while back but I find it silly that MAL users shits on this anime for being "censored" compared to the manga. Like, if the studio didn't actually censored and puts manga content in the anime, people would still complains nonetheless. I'd rather have people complains about the anime being different than the manga and not people bitching about the anime is exactly the same as the manga LMAO!!!

For reference;
When Lily puts a collar on Akutsu at the end of the first episode, in the manga, Akutsu makes a hentai ahegao face while Lily was smoking after fucking Akutsu dry Lol. And Akutsu's horn in the later episodes got censored into a drill in the anime while in the manga, his horn looks like a penis with veins xD.

Anyway, even though I'm a manga reader, I don't bitch about the anime like MAL monkeys does. Even Kaguya fans attacks this anime for being too similar to Kaguya series which is also dumb as well.

Hope this gets a season 2 so I can enjoy the tears of MAL users.

And that's about it for my reviews. Villainess Lvl 99 review is tomorrow hopefully.

And reminder that Tsukimichi season 2 is gonna have 25 episodes btw in case if y'all didn't know. Cour 2 is about to be fire. Also, no banana, no life.

Rej

This forum is retarded.
β€Ž
'Tis Time for "Torture," Princess - 7/10 this show is what people would call a "trash show". Alot of nonsense going on and stuff that doesn't fit well together. But this story, the characters and their dynamics carry so much personality and joy with them, one will easily forget about the wild mix of the story and appreciate it's unique charm. It's not strong, but it is for sure senseable and it grows on one with every episode. Someone said this would become repetetive? I think this is not really true. This show shows it's true colors after time and all the more allows the viewer to connect to it. A strong iyashikei comedy series that I can warmheartedly recommend to everyone who likes the genre mix.

Initial start: 6/10, season conclusion: 8/10, overall: 7/10

LETS GOOOOOO; GIVE US THE SEQUEL NOW!
Post automatically merged:

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! - 7/10 If you go into this show expecting to learn more about the Gyaru archtype and their struggles, then you may get disappointed as this show lacks in that department and only touches the archtype superficially. Overall the characters are quite nice, they have cool personalities and the setting in Hokkaido is overall vibey. You can expect to see more from Hokkaido and it's culture in this series than from the Gyaru archtype. In the end I must admit, I liked all of the girls, I just wished to see more of the other two girls besides Fuyuki at the end of the season. Curious how this may continue, it can be a let down but it can also just continue to be comfy. Also super W dad at the end. Respects to this wholesome extra they gave us in the final arc of the season.

here I have to agree with you lol

Last edited: