[FNZ] Role Madness Final Fantasy XVI Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made clear that I think she's scum. Not that she's clear scum. Her obsession for me. The fact that she voted me upon shitty reasons. I'm not used to play with her but I don't like her play.
I’ll be honest too, I was just poking for reactions. Real scum here wouldn’t be taking sides.

change vote lynch Watson

btw day 1 is not only gut and vibes. think u ought to elaborate on ur sus of nibel a bit now. u dont know the players metas so u must have seen something u consider scummy via content or a generic scum tell that can apply to anyone and isnt nibel specific.
I think we're close enough to deadline to discuss it in depth now.
Post #45
"He's modest, he is definitely town "
Read as early buddying.

Post #52+ Post #54
"mango and melkor are weird but i'll wait for more people to be active before making conclusions"
"OUTCH OUTCH OUTCH these two won't be aligned for sure! "

These posts read as temperature checking. Not willing to take a side, not willing to use stronger language such as "lean scum" just using the word "weird" instead. But also speculating on a joke exchange without adding any siding. Just sitting on the sidelines and continuing to wait to see which side takes the advantage. Scum isn't often the first one willing to start a wagon, but will often just poke to see if a wagon shapes so they can comfortably slide into the middle. The tail end and start of a wagon attract far too much attention.

Post #67
"someone this kind can't be scum"
Reads again as buddying post towards me.

Post#72
"What do you think of the game so far?"
Reads again as another temperature checking post.

For context, the only reads he's given is buddying me and Mango / Melkor are weird. Staying just on the end of friendly.

Post #79
"why do you want to keep it for yourself? you said too much"
Reads as hunting for a wagon when insisting Melkor continue to provide the actual start of the Wagon.

Post #107 Continues this hunt for wanting to know more about what Melkor has to say about Psy.

Post #143
"Well, well, don't you have any other person you want to nuke?"
Another Temperature checking post.

Post #153
"This absolutely doesn't answer my question. Does anyone here think that I'm "hopping in and out"? Do you have any other read? "
Again, temperature checking.

Post #154
"Are you suspecting Melkor? We still have to see his thoughts about Psy. I think Mango has this fake vibe but nothing substantial yet. "
HEAVILY temperature checking and still refuses to commit to any belief. Just keeps saying "Vibes / Weird" instead of calling something scummy.

Post #158
"I dunno why i bolded this
Vote Lynch Psylocke"
Finally willing to put a vote somewhere but doesn't say anything further other than its for pressure. Which is effectively no vote at all. You can place it, the person show up and say, Oh I was just voting for you so you would post. Its again another example of noncommittal posting, just hovering on the edge of what the group is discussing at the time until a direction is apparent.

Post #161
"There is almost no activity. Plus, if I was in a scum chat, that would mean my mates are active too. I don't even know how you can get to this conclusion. So now ask what I already asked you. What are your other reads? This is absolutely not OMGUS. I already exposed why I think you're scum... "

He absolutely has not said that Psylocke is scum. He has reacted to Psylocke saying he is scum for "hopping in and out".
He hasn't explained in any post why Psylocke is any alignment other than a noncommittal "for pressure" vote. Which had no context with it. Frankly, this is just a lie.

This results in my read post in #185.

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
"Are you suspecting Melkor? We still have to see his thoughts about Psy. I think Mango has this fake vibe but nothing substantial yet. "
HEAVILY temperature checking and still refuses to commit to any belief. Just keeps saying "Vibes / Weird" instead of calling something scummy.
post 154, some posts before you were talking about defining what's fluff talking, saying that fluff post Day don't bother you and you're expecting me to have clear scum reads

post 154, some posts before you were talking about defining what's fluff talking, saying that fluff post Day don't bother you and you're expecting me to have clear scum reads
Not at all. I don’t have any clear scum reads. I don’t expect anyone but scum to know who scum is. But from my point of view, your posts come off as not someone looking for scum, but someone who is more interested in seeing what other’s think who scum is.

But also, that’s missing the point of my post. as I said, your reaction post to Psylocke was factually not true. Which resulted in my interest. That doesn’t condemn you to be scum, but it does give me an interest in your eventual claim or death. Since your flip would result in strongly opinionated information looking at a handful of people that have shown interest in you as a scum possibility.

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
Not at all. I don’t have any clear scum reads. I don’t expect anyone but scum to know who scum is. But from my point of view, your posts come off as not someone looking for scum, but someone who is more interested in seeing what other’s think who scum is.

But also, that’s missing the point of my post. as I said, your reaction post to Psylocke was factually not true. Which resulted in my interest. That doesn’t condemn you to be scum, but it does give me an interest in your eventual claim or death. Since your flip would result in strongly opinionated information looking at a handful of people that have shown interest in you as a scum possibility.
I don't get what's wrong in asking what are other people's reads are? You're just assuming things from vibes and saying that my reactions to Psy were "factually not true". Share anything that would look factually not true coming from me.

I don't get what's wrong in asking what are other people's reads are? You're just assuming things from vibes and saying that my reactions to Psy were "factually not true". Share anything that would look factually not true coming from me.
I did say already that Day 1 is a lot of just impressions. Vibes and gut feelings included. That is the nature of Day 1. I'm repeating myself a little now.

Once again, I will point out to you. Post 161. You say, "I already exposed why I think you're scum... " Referring to Psylocke. But, I found no such post where you, yourself, exposed anything on why you think they are scum.

I would be happy to admit wrong doing with a lovely apology if you would be so kind to point to a Post, where you called Psylocke scum and why, before Post 161. Thanks so much.

Emil

Certified Memelord
I think we're close enough to deadline to discuss it in depth now.
Post #45
"He's modest, he is definitely town "
Read as early buddying.
considering neither of u know the other, how much have u tried to consider that characteristically this take makes sense for him to give as town?

Post #52+ Post #54
"mango and melkor are weird but i'll wait for more people to be active before making conclusions"
"OUTCH OUTCH OUTCH these two won't be aligned for sure! "

These posts read as temperature checking. Not willing to take a side, not willing to use stronger language such as "lean scum" just using the word "weird" instead. But also speculating on a joke exchange without adding any siding. Just sitting on the sidelines and continuing to wait to see which side takes the advantage. Scum isn't often the first one willing to start a wagon, but will often just poke to see if a wagon shapes so they can comfortably slide into the middle. The tail end and start of a wagon attract far too much attention.
i had the exact same thought as he did. magic and melkor were indeed weird. there is nothing wrong with waiting for the inactives to post more before you dive deep into reads btw. i think its a towny approach. there really wasnt any side to pick here. he just noted they r weird but there wasnt anyone against them at the time. when i also voiced my concern on melkor/mango, he sided with me. that's the picking a side that u r waiting for, but he still did not vote with me. he said he will pursue his own wagon. that's more townie than not and doesnt fall in line with ur expectation of scum to join wagons in the middle after they start

considering neither of u know the other, how much have u tried to consider that characteristically this take makes sense for him to give as town?

i had the exact same thought as he did. magic and melkor were indeed weird. there is nothing wrong with waiting for the inactives to post more before you dive deep into reads btw. i think its a towny approach. there really wasnt any side to pick here. he just noted they r weird but there wasnt anyone against them at the time. when i also voiced my concern on melkor/mango, he sided with me. that's the picking a side that u r waiting for, but he still did not vote with me. he said he will pursue his own wagon. that's more townie than not and doesnt fall in line with ur expectation of scum to join wagons in the middle after they start
Completely could be. This is where the gut feeling of Day 1 reads comes in. Ultimately, my vote has no evidence behind it. Much like no votes today really will have evidence. They are simply colored by our own individual experiences. My experience is buddying is a common scum tactic, and then Post 161 was a flag for me. Thus the list.

Emil

Certified Memelord
Post #67
"someone this kind can't be scum"
Reads again as buddying post towards me.

Post#72
"What do you think of the game so far?"
Reads again as another temperature checking post.

For context, the only reads he's given is buddying me and Mango / Melkor are weird. Staying just on the end of friendly.
let me add more nuance to this, nibel is more on the new side of players, thinking that ppl playing nice r townier is something he does sometimes. id think if he was intended to buddy u he wud request ur service in some fashion, but generally its weird to buddy people u dont know and they dont know u. it's better for him to appeal to those that he knows. he's giving u a benefit of the doubt read based on being nice. its not a point im willing to defend further, but i dont think its scummy in context of who nibel is

the posts that u consider temperature check arent being followed upon. asking someone for reads isnt scummy. nibel gave his own reads and is asking to see if others agree or disagree with him. i guess my question here is how do u determine that this is a scum temperature check and not a townie asking others what they think of the game so he can sanity check his own thoughts?

Post #79
"why do you want to keep it for yourself? you said too much"
Reads as hunting for a wagon when insisting Melkor continue to provide the actual start of the Wagon.

Post #107 Continues this hunt for wanting to know more about what Melkor has to say about Psy.
same question as above, how do u determine its a scum temperature check and not a townie sanity check?

Emil

Certified Memelord
Post #143
"Well, well, don't you have any other person you want to nuke?"
Another Temperature checking post.
this one specifically i dont agree with u with because flower is voting someone nibel town reads so he is asking her if she has someone else in mind

Post #153
"This absolutely doesn't answer my question. Does anyone here think that I'm "hopping in and out"? Do you have any other read? "
Again, temperature checking.

Post #154

Post #158
"I dunno why i bolded this
Vote Lynch Psylocke"
Finally willing to put a vote somewhere but doesn't say anything further other than its for pressure. Which is effectively no vote at all. You can place it, the person show up and say, Oh I was just voting for you so you would post. Its again another example of noncommittal posting, just hovering on the edge of what the group is discussing at the time until a direction is apparent.

Post #161
"There is almost no activity. Plus, if I was in a scum chat, that would mean my mates are active too. I don't even know how you can get to this conclusion. So now ask what I already asked you. What are your other reads? This is absolutely not OMGUS. I already exposed why I think you're scum... "

He absolutely has not said that Psylocke is scum. He has reacted to Psylocke saying he is scum for "hopping in and out".
He hasn't explained in any post why Psylocke is any alignment other than a noncommittal "for pressure" vote. Which had no context with it. Frankly, this is just a lie.

This results in my read post in #185.
last part wud be a question for nibel, @Red Night can u show us where u thought u exposed psychic before she accused u of omgus?

Emil

Certified Memelord
Completely could be. This is where the gut feeling of Day 1 reads comes in. Ultimately, my vote has no evidence behind it. Much like no votes today really will have evidence. They are simply colored by our own individual experiences. My experience is buddying is a common scum tactic, and then Post 161 was a flag for me. Thus the list.
in regards to buddying, thoughts on mango town reading me for an angle that does not exist

Status
Not open for further replies.