[FNZ] Role Madness Final Fantasy XVI Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me add more nuance to this, nibel is more on the new side of players, thinking that ppl playing nice r townier is something he does sometimes. id think if he was intended to buddy u he wud request ur service in some fashion, but generally its weird to buddy people u dont know and they dont know u. it's better for him to appeal to those that he knows. he's giving u a benefit of the doubt read based on being nice. its not a point im willing to defend further, but i dont think its scummy in context of who nibel is

the posts that u consider temperature check arent being followed upon. asking someone for reads isnt scummy. nibel gave his own reads and is asking to see if others agree or disagree with him. i guess my question here is how do u determine that this is a scum temperature check and not a townie asking others what they think of the game so he can sanity check his own thoughts?

same question as above, how do u determine its a scum temperature check and not a townie sanity check?
That's some interesting meta info. I think that's good context to have.

When it comes to temperature checks, it depends on the context of how they're being asked and the current activity of the thread. By nature, I do not think it is very townie to speculate in that direction. But again, that's a gut thing. Nothing more than a meta I've experienced elsewhere and might not apply here.

Red Night being newer can explain quite well my suspicion. A friendly demeanor and thinking something without actually saying it are both very common newer player behaviors.

After all, it is Day 1. Without a night 0. So there are no scum actions to speculate on yet. The best path forward I see is to harvest some conflict to see where everyone shakes out so to speak. And Red Night provided that pin of a slip that now gives a pretty informative conversation.

What are you talking about? That's not Nibel's meta at all.
Uh oh.
So now we get into the problem of, is Red Night town, and Emil is scum trying to get in on a defend in case of a lynch?
Or is it more simple and Emil is trying to prevent any attention snowballing into Red Night, scum defending scum.

Completely off topic. But I just have to say, it is so good being back in a Mafia game. I am having a blast.

Uh oh.
So now we get into the problem of, is Red Night town, and Emil is scum trying to get in on a defend in case of a lynch?
Or is it more simple and Emil is trying to prevent any attention snowballing into Red Night, scum defending scum.

Completely off topic. But I just have to say, it is so good being back in a Mafia game. I am having a blast.
From what I've seen of Red Night/Nibel (and I played with him a lot, even thrice on the same scum team this year) he's more headstrong and brutally honest as Town. I never once saw him Town read people for being nice as Town. I took it as more of a joke on his part anyway (and he does joke a lot, mostly as Town). The way he argued with Psylocke reminds me of him being headstrong. I've never seen him push his pusher as scum either. So I do wonder where Emil got this from as I never saw him do that and I think I've played a lot more with the guy than he did.

I think Emil has TMI and tries to cover it up by inventing meta (?). Unless he can prove it, then I retract that.

From what I've seen of Red Night/Nibel (and I played with him a lot, even thrice on the same scum team this year) he's more headstrong and brutally honest as Town. I never once saw him Town read people for being nice as Town. I took it as more of a joke on his part anyway (and he does joke a lot, mostly as Town). The way he argued with Psylocke reminds me of him being headstrong. I've never seen him push his pusher as scum either. So I do wonder where Emil got this from as I never saw him do that and I think I've played a lot more with the guy than he did.

I think Emil has TMI and tries to cover it up by inventing meta (?). Unless he can prove it, then I retract that.
That's suuuuuuuper interesting.

Also newbies do give naive reads. That's natural when you're new (and you used to be like that, too, in the first games you played). You can't use a newbie player behaviour to explain your reads 7 months later when his play has evolved a lot.

That's grasping a bit here.

Emil

Certified Memelord
in any case, i think he still does some naive reads

also i dont know how serious that read is, and as i said im not willing to defend it further. i dont expect nibel to be married to the idea that dante is town cuz he is kind

you're a bad faith actor so u'll accuse me of tmi instead of having a good read

in any case, i think he still does some naive reads

also i dont know how serious that read is, and as i said im not willing to defend it further. i dont expect nibel to be married to the idea that dante is town cuz he is kind

you're a bad faith actor so u'll accuse me of tmi instead of having a good read
It was obviously a joke on his end. Nibel is neither stupid nor naive in any way...

Well that came after I said he was scum lean. And he didn't say why I'm scum lean, just that I am lol. So that's effectively nothing but OMGUS reaction again.

Insight in Nibel's scum mind from our chat in WEF:

"I'm playing dumb so they think I'm dumb and not scum. We just need Lethal not being lynched"

"The problem with this is you’re not usually dumb as town"

"I've been playing like this on WG sometimes. People need to think I'm confused here."

So yeah, that's not how he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.