Character Discussion Yamato doesn't deserve as much hate as she gets

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
People dislike Yamato because she actively threatens their agendas.

She may be stronger than Zoro/Sanji, and she is a brand new character who is taking a lot of shine away from Supernovas/Tobi Roppo, and other characters. She is also displacing Carrot as a possible nakama.

She threatens people's egos because she it taking nonstop Dub after Dub. It's jealousy towards a fictional character, which is pretty funny :milaugh:
I have to concur. Per experience (and common sense really) Carrot fans are on average the most vicious Anti Yamato. Luckly not all.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
โ€Ž
People dislike Yamato because she actively threatens their agendas.

She may be stronger than Zoro/Sanji, and she is a brand new character who is taking a lot of shine away from Supernovas/Tobi Roppo, and other characters. She is also displacing Carrot as a possible nakama.

She threatens people's egos because she it taking nonstop Dub after Dub. It's jealousy towards a fictional character, which is pretty funny :milaugh:
If you think anyone except some insecure Lanjino fanboys give a damn on Yamabitch power level you wrong, she a trash character with annoying gag

B

Ballel

Ignore them. We all know zoro fans are bland people that lack critical thinking skills. They don't know how to contribute to actual conversations regarding anything outside of zoro so just leave them be.
Thanks for the generalisation!
I love you too.
Anonymity is something that destitutes identity crisis and delusion which is an internet staple unfortunately. You saying someone is a dog shit character for that while desperate enough to post your selfie on a forum is what led me to take that jab. Also the way you present yourself is gross
What does this mean please?
It's no surprise that a ton of her hardcore fans are degenerates with bizarre fetishes n shit. People who are turned on by feet, "small boobs" etc. I'm not making this up. You can legit ask some of them and they'll admit it.

This was her original design:

If Oda went ahead and used this, her fanbase would drop by like 99% and I don't think anyone really doubts that either. Could've saved so much unnecessary nonsense. Even the biggest Yamao stans know why they like her. It's not some big mystery. If you're into cartoon boobs then you do you...just don't be surprised if normal people recognise her for the z tier character that she is.
again these generalizations. Yamato haters use this reasoning over and over again in order to vilify Yamato fans

G

Gorosei Informer

It's no surprise that a ton of her hardcore fans are degenerates with bizarre fetishes n shit. People who are turned on by feet, "small boobs" etc. I'm not making this up. You can legit ask some of them and they'll admit it.

This was her original design:

If Oda went ahead and used this, her fanbase would drop by like 99% and I don't think anyone really doubts that either. Could've saved so much unnecessary nonsense. Even the biggest Yamao stans know why they like her. It's not some big mystery. If you're into cartoon boobs then you do you...just don't be surprised if normal people recognise her for the z tier character that she is.
Wow I had no idea about this....Isn't that exactly one of the samurai that was with her in the cave in her flashback recently too ofc?

:zorothink::crazwhat:

Wow I had no idea about this....Isn't that exactly one of the samurai that was with her in the cave in her flashback recently too ofc?

:zorothink::crazwhat:
Yeah. It is. Oda reused the design for one of the throwaway single appearance samurai in the cave.

These are the rest of her designs. The existence of the troll fat one suggests that Oda didn't intend for her to be a straw hat as he was designing it. Can't imagine Oda would have a design like that in the crew.

Seems more like a gag as we're expecting the son of Kaido to be a powerful badass, and instead they were gonna look like a fugly little troll.

She's not hated nearly enough for being the shoehorned walking plot device forced into relevance.
>oh hey it's me, KAIDO'S SON (yes, somehow no one bothered mentioning Kaido's SON)
>oh hey, it's not actually a SON, but a COSPLAYING girl
>oh hey, she's LARPing as none other than ODEN HIMSELF, SO WE CAN EXTEND THE ODENWANKING AFTER THE FLASHBACK
>oh hey, I knew Ace -- you should totally let me sail with you guys!
>oh hey, I already know about Luffy and want to join so the author doesn't have to write an arc where I organically grow to trust the crew
>oh hey, the reason I did nothing for twenty years is because of these explosives shackles *deal with by luffy the next chapter they were introduced with zero struggle *
>oh hey, I really hate my dad -- he used to beat me up and stuff (literally a single speech bubble blablabla). I'll help you fight him, even though we literally just met and my existence was never hinted during the actually the alliance building part of the arc, very convenient!

Yamato is a shit fanfiction character and fuck whoever try to gaslight people calling it by claiming the only reason someone can dislike it is because of some silly powerlevel.
Here's a gift

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
Idk man, I was cool with Yamato until she stayed in Wano. For a character introduced 83 chapters into the Wano arc, she also ate up a significant portion of screen time in Onigashima. Screen time better used in detailing the villains, as they needed screen time as well. Or just giving every straw hat a proper fight.

Looking back on Wano, Yamato didnโ€™t add anything.

Idk man, I was cool with Yamato until she stayed in Wano. For a character introduced 83 chapters into the Wano arc, she also ate up a significant portion of screen time in Onigashima. Screen time better used in detailing the villains, as they needed screen time as well. Or just giving every straw hat a proper fight.

Looking back on Wano, Yamato didnโ€™t add anything.
She added her aesthetics