Character Discussion Yamato doesn't deserve as much hate as she gets

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
She deserves more. Imagine we get a new crewmate, and it's this trash.

We could have had some cowboy gunslinger

or some cool badass logia user

or some strong cool looking swordsWOMAN

No, let's have someone that says "I'm Oden" over and over again, with the emotional IQ of an 8 year old.
You didnt read first post?

I only dislike her I am Oden part. It just indicates how insecure she is by being herself. She needs to throw that away. She can still be herself and still be inspired by Oden. But literally trying to be a dead person is silly.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
I only dislike her I am Oden part. It just indicates how insecure she is by being herself. She needs to throw that away. She can still be herself and still be inspired by Oden. But literally trying to be a dead person is silly.
Thank you. Someone gets it

Yamatos entire character is about finding herself, something she was never allowed to do bcs of Kaido
Post automatically merged:

That was your entire logic. She was abused as a child, therefore she should get a pass on her behaviour.
You donut it is not about a pass it is about understanding her character and how she will develop from that

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
β€Ž
She deserves more. Imagine we get a new crewmate, and it's this trash.

We could have had some cowboy gunslinger

or some cool badass logia user

or some strong cool looking swordsWOMAN

No, let's have someone that says "I'm Oden" over and over again, with the emotional IQ of an 8 year old.
Well I can't deny I would have loved if Smoothie joined as long as she had a good personality. Yamato also looks very cool to me but she needs to strenghten her overall personality still.

If she looked like the Boa sisters or Kokoro, no one would like her.
That's so on point. A shitstorm was released upon me recently on the r/OnePiece because i criticized how Yamato has no personality at all, and how her impersonating a dead dude in front of his traumatized child is creepy and disgusting. I mean none of what i said is wrong, but she seems to have a pretty huge army simping for a shit-tier fictional character because she looks hot to them

It's honestly pretty cringe and pathetic, no wonder people can't stand anime/manga fans and they stereotype them as basement dwelling incels

It's honestly pretty cringe and pathetic, no wonder people can't stand anime/manga fans and they stereotype them as basement dwelling incels
It's no surprise that a ton of her hardcore fans are degenerates with bizarre fetishes n shit. People who are turned on by feet, "small boobs" etc. I'm not making this up. You can legit ask some of them and they'll admit it.

This was her original design:

If Oda went ahead and used this, her fanbase would drop by like 99% and I don't think anyone really doubts that either. Could've saved so much unnecessary nonsense. Even the biggest Yamao stans know why they like her. It's not some big mystery. If you're into cartoon boobs then you do you...just don't be surprised if normal people recognise her for the z tier character that she is.

As though this argument doesn't apply to any other character... would Luffy or Zoro be as popular if they looked like that?
Luffy and Zoro aren't carried entirely by boobs. The vast majority of people don't like Luffy and Zoro because they wanna fuck them. Whereas a lot of Yamao fans have literally admitted to only liking her because of her design.

Without it she'd be as popular as Weevil. Another stupid, overpowered yonko child.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
Luffy and Zoro aren't carried entirely by boobs. The vast majority of people don't like Luffy and Zoro because they wanna fuck them. Whereas a lot of Yamao fans have literally admitted to only liking her because of her design.
Oh please if Zoro looked like Senor pink no one would give a damn, Same as any other character

Yamato is capable af and that's what makes her great.

Yamato is one of the more modestly dressed female characters that Oda has given us... certainly more so than Nami, Robin, Hancock, Rebecca, Shirahoshi, Vivi, and Reiju. She doesn't look sexy at all when she's fighting in hybrid form. I guess people just dock points for her being a woman?

Yamato is one of the more modestly dressed female characters that Oda has given us... certainly more so than Nami, Robin, Hancock, Rebecca, Shirahoshi, Vivi, and Reiju. She doesn't look sexy at all when she's fighting in hybrid form. I guess people just dock points for her being a woman?
Having your side book out all time is not "modest" lol

S

Sugimoto 14

People dislike Yamato because she actively threatens their agendas.

She may be stronger than Zoro/Sanji, and she is a brand new character who is taking a lot of shine away from Supernovas/Tobi Roppo, and other characters. She is also displacing Carrot as a possible nakama.

She threatens people's egos because she it taking nonstop Dub after Dub. It's jealousy towards a fictional character, which is pretty funny :milaugh: