Status
Not open for further replies.
People, I swear...

- Aramaki screamed in shock when he was surprised by something that scared him! - That means we got a new haki superpower that paralyses people.
- Aramaki god injured by a haki-less attack and reformed his body through his element! - That means Aramaki can regenerate wounds in a way no other logia can!
- Sanji moved so fast that he disappeared and the sound effect was new! That means that, unlike the tens of characters that have done it before him, he has unlocked the ability to bend light around him and be invisible even to Goku.

Oda can get away with not showing new stuff because people make it up for him anyway.
The sanji one was weird since that same sound affect was giving to nichiji back in whole cake

The sanji one was weird since that same sound affect was giving to nichiji back in whole cake
In retrospective, that was just Oda's way of tricking readers like Sanji tricked Queen into believing for a page or two that he had become invisible, before revealing he was "just" moving super fast.

Which is a cool moment and feat but now it's gonna be baggage for the fandom and drag until the end of the series.

When someone picks up their sword automatically any haki feat they do is now a sword feat even if it is literally just blasting haki.

I will keep this in mind going forward.
i am glad that u have truly learned something from this debate
if shanks blasts haki through his sword , u should consider that a sword skill

similar to how brook blasting music through his sword is considered a sword skill by oda

It gets really tiring arguing with some people on powerscaling. It feels like you're albert einstein discussing math with an ape.
these guys cant give u a proper sword debate , they will start deflecting and trolling once u push them down

On a separate note, seeing some other discussions here, people will see what a physical monster Zoro is and what a majestic tank he is and then assume his superior Mihawk is made of literal paper.

Not being as durable as Kaido doesn't mean going down in two hits.
We know from east blue he cant tank bullets so he clearly has not some insane durability of any sorts

Look I’m an admiral fan so I know a bit about being delusional, and trust me, when I say Mihawk fans are THE MOST delusional people I’ve ever talked to, I mean it.
No the story proves other wise actually.

Oda through his story has made it abundantly clear:

Every single individual classified as a top tier for the pirates was a swordsman lol.

Gol d rodger = swordsman

Whitebeard = main form of fighting was a blade that's a Supreme blade

Shanks = Swordsman

Rayleigh: swordsman

Ryuma = swordsman

Oden = swordsman

Coincidentally everyone of these "Swordsman" are also Haki monsters. The entire premise of cursed swords was debunked in story and now we realized that the user of said supreme blades must overcome the swords will, thus the wielder must impose their own will upon the blade. This hints to the wielder having to have huge amounts of will = haki.

Yet for some apparent reason the individual stated in story to be the greatest swordsman in the history of onepiece doesn't have impressive haki even though impressive haki as shown is the height of swordsmanship in the verse?

When Nusjuro bit Sanji he was holding a sword, so that was an insane sword feat.

@zenox @mly90 Can Mihawk bite even harder than Zoan Nusjuro
if the bite was done through his sword
then that can be considered a sword skill

but idk how that is physically possible

tho if he does that with a combo of other sword attacks in his sword style , we might have a debate here
tho its a debate for another time

We know from east blue he cant tank bullets so he clearly has not some insane durability of any sorts
Nah. Any viceadmiral can block bullets with haki with their bare hands.

Choosing to avoid the bullets with elegance does not imply an inability to block them.

I know the reason he actually did it is because Oda hadn't come out with the concept of haki yet, just like Shanks lost an arm like an idiot for having a billion-plus bounty, but both characters have kept up with the times. It wouldn't happen now.

In retrospective, that was just Oda's way of tricking readers like Sanji tricked Queen into believing for a page or two that he had become invisible, before revealing he was "just" moving super fast.

Which is a cool moment and feat but now it's gonna be baggage for the fandom and drag until the end of the series.
Yip lol. You are 100 percent correct

Now that Zoro can use CoC bursts, is he deviating from being a swordsman? Is he allowed to use aCoC or at least CoO when he contends for the title of strongest swordsman? Is he disqualified from the fight is he lands a punch?
Again, comparing CoC fodder control with what shanks did is retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.