General & Others What is the reason of 5 Gorosei?

So at first we used to look at Gorosei as the old politicians that took decisions that influence the world. And now we've learned they are more like ministers that are responsible for different area which are supposedly their specialty.

But...

Why would we need 5 of them if they always think alike? The reason we have discussions is to see different points of view by "clashing" ideas and coming to a common sense. They never do that. So if we had only 1 Gorosei we would have the same results that we did so far.

"But each of them is making their own shit in their specialized area" well... Saturn was so dumb that he couldn't realize Bonney had the highest authority of Pacifistas and that Kuna never really had a self destruction button.

Mars is so stupid he couldn't realize Crocodile was making a dry at Alasbasta and that was all part of his plan to search for Pluton.

Warcury is so inefficient that he couldn't had Kaido killed the multiple times he got arrested and sentenced to death. Also he let big names of Impel Down escape like Shiki and all the Level 6 prisoners when Luffy/Teach invaded instead of killing them(why having prisoners? Isn't all there for lifetime? What purpose?)

Nusjuro is worst than Soviet Union economically wise that people from WG nations are starving to death because of the high taxes they have to pay.

Peter... I don't know what to say. Agriculture? I don't think supply is low at One Piece World just the distribution sucks (like our world) so he is doing OK like does he even have to do anything? He is probably like Imu little cousin that his mom (Imu's aunt) asked Imu mom to demand to have a job for him since he was useless and couldn't even work at Baratie.

If I had anything to say in defense of Gorosei would be that they were so "efficient" for 800 years that they started to do a bad job lately. But that's assuming they were alive for all those years. If Gorosei have a "normal" life span and they are changing since void century. Then this is the worst 5 Gorosei of history.

Didn't even mention that they couldn't finish off an old dying guy
:risitavirus:
That didn't fit here because I'm talking more about their "paper" work. But could have added that to my power level thread I've just made.
Post automatically merged:

I know, you are herrera after all, I just posted it to get more people to see this God level theory.
By the way. That theory is lame.

It might have something to do with the Pentacles of Solomon. An ancient grimoire lol

That is the closest I've saw. Sun being traveller and escape is exactly what Nika is doing now.

It's not, it was the only theory that predicted all the gorosei forms, including Nusjuro's horse form, the hardest one.
This isn't even a theory anymore, It's facts, there's no contradiction, everything makes sense.
What? No it didn't.

Kizaru after Saturn failed to kill Robin :"that was rather sluggish, Jay Garcia"
Kizaru be like: successfully kills Vegapunk despite G5 Nika protection and Sanji running with him

Saturn be like: fail killing Robin because os Strawhats that combined don't even make a YC power wise

Lorotards be like: Saturn > Kizaru

If you have only 1 Elder, in-universe, it shatters the illusion that there isn't a single ruler commanding the WG. With a group of 5 you can more easily sell to people the idea that the WG is represented by five best minds from around the world, who tinker on how to best improve the citizens' lives.

However, I have no idea how the aforementioned idea can be sustained if Oda reveals the Gorosei to be older than a century. How would any fucker in the OP world see them as anything other than abnormal, maybe even malign, beings with unnaturally extended lifespans.

So at first we used to look at Gorosei as the old politicians that took decisions that influence the world. And now we've learned they are more like ministers that are responsible for different area which are supposedly their specialty.

But...

Why would we need 5 of them if they always think alike? The reason we have discussions is to see different points of view by "clashing" ideas and coming to a common sense. They never do that. So if we had only 1 Gorosei we would have the same results that we did so far.

"But each of them is making their own shit in their specialized area" well... Saturn was so dumb that he couldn't realize Bonney had the highest authority of Pacifistas and that Kuna never really had a self destruction button.

Mars is so stupid he couldn't realize Crocodile was making a dry at Alasbasta and that was all part of his plan to search for Pluton.

Warcury is so inefficient that he couldn't had Kaido killed the multiple times he got arrested and sentenced to death. Also he let big names of Impel Down escape like Shiki and all the Level 6 prisoners when Luffy/Teach invaded instead of killing them(why having prisoners? Isn't all there for lifetime? What purpose?)

Nusjuro is worst than Soviet Union economically wise that people from WG nations are starving to death because of the high taxes they have to pay.

Peter... I don't know what to say. Agriculture? I don't think supply is low at One Piece World just the distribution sucks (like our world) so he is doing OK like does he even have to do anything? He is probably like Imu little cousin that his mom (Imu's aunt) asked Imu mom to demand to have a job for him since he was useless and couldn't even work at Baratie.

If I had anything to say in defense of Gorosei would be that they were so "efficient" for 800 years that they started to do a bad job lately. But that's assuming they were alive for all those years. If Gorosei have a "normal" life span and they are changing since void century. Then this is the worst 5 Gorosei of history.
You’re assuming that the Gorosei goals are to ensure human happiness there is no reason for Nusjuro to care about starving peasants and Kaido was only arrested in his youth and to be experimented on

Simply going with the numbers: if they were 2 or even 3 that would have meant that they were important figures for Im and so in general for the story just like Luffy has only Zoro and Sanji as part of the monster trio, now adding Jinbe it takes away quite a bit of meaning to the concept, same goes for every other shounen, but it is logic in general: Goku had a single rival in Vegeta, Naruto a single rival in Sasuke and so on.

So having not 2, not 3 but 5 gorosei means that they are important but not so important, it is like the circus the SHs not named Luffy, Zoro (and time ago Sanji) are. And indeed having Gandhi being kicked by Sanji like your average tobi roppo or even worse a number means something. Just to make an example rn I don't think a gorosei would be worth to be Sabo endgame yet Akainu still keeps that right.

However, I have no idea how the aforementioned idea can be sustained if Oda reveals the Gorosei to be older than a century. How would any fucker in the OP world see them as anything other than abnormal, maybe even malign, beings with unnaturally extended lifespans.
Kureha is 138 so it would be slightly abnormal but not implausible. If the they’re 500+ years old than it becomes weird

You’re assuming that the Gorosei goals are to ensure human happiness there is no reason for Nusjuro to care about starving peasants and Kaido was only arrested in his youth and to be experimented on
Celestial Dragons are getting starving now so...

Simply going with the numbers: if they were 2 or even 3 that would have meant that they were important figures for Im and so in general for the story just like Luffy has only Zoro and Sanji as part of the monster trio, now adding Jinbe it takes away quite a bit of meaning to the concept, same goes for every other shounen, but it is logic in general: Goku had a single rival in Vegeta, Naruto a single rival in Sasuke and so on.

So having not 2, not 3 but 5 gorosei means that they are important but not so important, it is like the circus the SHs not named Luffy, Zoro (and time ago Sanji) are. And indeed having Gandhi being kicked by Sanji like your average tobi roppo or even worse a number means something. Just to make an example rn I don't think a gorosei would be worth to be Sabo endgame yet Akainu still keeps that right.
Well I kind of see what you talking but that is not exactly what the thread is about.

And you got some stuff wrong. Before Vegeta in DragonBall Classic Goku had Krillin as a rival (I guess I can say that). He also had Yamcha as one. Then it was Tien. And finally Piccolo (he started DBZ as his rival).

But anyway. I'm talking about their paper work not fight importance. And they are villains not protagonist friends.

Last edited:
What? No it didn't.
Albino only explained the surface of this theory, there's also the Five Animals, Five Beasts.
Saturn's animal is the Cow, and its element is Earth, and the most popular Yokai that represents Earth is Tsuchigumo, which is a spider.
Cow+Earth Spider = Ushioni.
Warcury's animal is the Pig, which is also related to Boar, and his animal is the Genbu/Black Turtoise, which explains his durability.
Nusjuro's animal is the horse, which explains his horse form, and his element is metal, which also explains why he's a swordsman.
Mars' animal is the Suzaku, which is a very similar bird to the Itsumade Yokai, and his element is Fire, and the Itsumade breathes fire.
Ju Peter's beast is the Blue Dragon, and its element is Wood, based on the Japanese wording, it's clearly derived from Wyrm, which are basically dragons, and the Wood element also explains why Oda specifically chose a Sandworm.

It's very clear that Oda takes some "inspiration" from the Five Elements theory from China, which is also a very popular theory in Japan, but he also drinks from another sources, like the Yokai stuff, the Satanism thing, and makes a soap out of it all.
Also, the Wufang Shangdi is only the first layer, there are also a lot of hints that Imu-sama is heavily inspired by the god of disaster Taiyi.
Like:
Taiyi was also the name of a star that is part of the constellation of Draco, which is usually represented by this:

Do you know what it resembles? The attack of Imu-sama:

The word Tenryübito is spelled 天竜人 in Japanese, which CAN ALSO BE RELATED TO THE DRACO CONSTELLATION.

EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE, THERE'S NO CONTRADICTION, EVERYTHING FITS.

Albino only explained the surface of this theory, there's also the Five Animals, Five Beasts.
Saturn's animal is the Cow, and its element is Earth, and the most popular Yokai that represents Earth is Tsuchigumo, which is a spider.
Cow+Earth Spider = Ushioni.
Warcury's animal is the Pig, which is also related to Boar, and his animal is the Genbu/Black Turtoise, which explains his durability.
Nusjuro's animal is the horse, which explains his horse form, and his element is metal, which also explains why he's a swordsman.
Mars' animal is the Suzaku, which is a very similar bird to the Itsumade Yokai, and his element is Fire, and the Itsumade breathes fire.
Ju Peter's beast is the Blue Dragon, and its element is Wood, based on the Japanese wording, it's clearly derived from Wyrm, which are basically dragons, and the Wood element also explains why Oda specifically chose a Sandworm.

It's very clear that Oda takes some "inspiration" from the Five Elements theory from China, which is also a very popular theory in Japan, but he also drinks from another sources, like the Yokai stuff, the Satanism thing, and makes a soap out of it all.
Also, the Wufang Shangdi is only the first layer, there are also a lot of hints that Imu-sama is heavily inspired by the god of disaster Taiyi.
Like:
Taiyi was also the name of a star that is part of the constellation of Draco, which is usually represented by this:

Do you know what it resembles? The attack of Imu-sama:

The word Tenryübito is spelled 天竜人 in Japanese, which CAN ALSO BE RELATED TO THE DRACO CONSTELLATION.

EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE, THERE'S NO CONTRADICTION, EVERYTHING FITS.
Sorry but it seems to me that people just spam things and tried to hit the spot. I didn't saw any theory like that before revelation. Let's see if Imu is really a snake or something alike it.