Theory Kizaru has the Will of D

I think Kizaru is a D and is a sleeper agent for Dragon

Look at what VP said when he was talking to Dragon in the bottom left panel. One of the reasons he teamed up with the WG was that he wanted gain allies on the inside, specifically in the Navy. That and of course get access to the WG's massive funds for his research.

This statement leads us to wonder if there is something greater going on between VP and Kizaru

It seems very evident that VP orchestrated his own death.

This then raises the possibility, what if Kizaru was in on VP's plans?

Given how Kizaru is portrayed here, doing the Nika dance and all, I just find it odd for him to be a pure villain with none of this portrayal having any significance.

Rather, I think it would make the most sense if he is a sleeper agent for Dragon, with everything he did in Egghead basically being under VP's orders. VP knows that Luffy is Nika, he knows that Luffy will likely start a massive war with the WG in the future. Kizaru's role is likely to keep his position as admiral up until the very end, switching his allegiance at a pivotal moment once Luffy starts his war.

This is why he had to kill VP and why he even tried to kill Bonney and Kuma. If he didn't do this stuff then his loyalties would come into question and he'd probably get murdered by the Gorosei and Akainu. However if he keeps his position till the end and switches sides in the final war, then he could seriously fuck over the WG.

Basically Kizaru is acting the way Dragon does, thinking only of the long term plan, even at the cost of his allies. When Ginny, Kuma, and Iva all got fucked over by the WG, Dragon did nothing. Because Dragon isn't a pirate, he is a revolutionary. He has devoted his life to a cause that is greater than himself and hence he must only act with that cause in mind, even to the detriment of his friends. I think Kizaru is much the same way.

I think its possible that Kizaru and Dragon were "brothers", much like how Luffy and Ace were. We know Dragon used to be a marine, so I think they probably did the sake thing. Akainu could have also been the third brother, and that's where his resentment of Dragon comes from. Dragon betrayed them in his eyes.

Anyways, while Oda has introduced more Ds throughout the series: Law, Xebec, and Vivi, with Oda even hinting at Sabo possibly adopting the D in the future, it has been a while since we have seen a D on the marines' side. We got Saul and Garp, but that is about it. I think it would make the most sense if Kizaru was revealed to be a D and a sleeper agent for Dragon. It would make his portrayal in the Kuma backstory make more sense, and it would make VP's words about gathering allies within the marines have more weight to them. Kizaru being a D would serve as a pivotal part of his backstory that would justify him being a secret ally of the revolutionaries.

1. Kizaru was letting Luffy beat him because he didn't want to hurt his friends
  2. Kizaru fed Luffy after being knocked out
  3. Kizaru is carrying the Den Den Mushi for Vegapunk
  4. Kizaru is secretly a D and is spying for Dragon
Preemptively added to the list of garbage Kizaru theories that ended up being wrong:josad:

L "Theory", Kizaru's just a conflicted man who at the end is still a lapdog of ancient demons. Shits just gonna be a repeat of Aokiji betrays BBP.

Rej

Tripple Hoyo Player
No. My comming theory will explain why the last remaining D clan members will be the Kuja family and some chosen giant(s).

Borsalino is almost a complete character atp. We rly just wait for his conclusion.

1. Kizaru was letting Luffy beat him because he didn't want to hurt his friends
  2. Kizaru fed Luffy after being knocked out
  3. Kizaru is carrying the Den Den Mushi for Vegapunk
  4. Kizaru is secretly a D and is spying for Dragon
Preemptively added to the list of garbage Kizaru theories that ended up being wrong:josad:

Better stop now then lol.