No

Now that's some fatalistic bs. That's not how it works fluffy.
Care to elaborate? You guys might be thinking this is all fun and games,but following you logic we should respect people like Herrera, because if morality isn't objective, then its all a matter of opinion and so that guy should be allowed to talk stuff like that.

When I first interacted with you you were an atheist that lamented getting beat up by his parents for not going to church.
False,i have been a christian since 2017. I joined this forum in 2021.
Post automatically merged:

man, that's sad

i can kinda relate, but on a much smaller scale, not even close to compare
Don't listen to this motherfucker. He likes to troll my ass. I explained my reasons for being an atheist till my early 20s here and one of the reasons was the behavior of other religious people. He is cherry picking shit,taking it out of context to mock me like he always does. Supposedly,cyberluing is against the forum rules. But some people can get away with if they are popular around here.

Care to elaborate? You guys might be thinking this is all fun and games,but following you logic we should respect people like Herrera, because if morality isn't objective, then its all a matter of opinion and so that guy should be allowed to talk stuff like that.
Bruh

In your mind respecting religious plurality = advocating for pedophilia? ?

Are you drunk?

we're on a forum made by a select group of people, and they have set rules and conditions for us to use their free service

one of those rules is not doing whatever the fuck Herrera was doing

so in the space we're in, he shouldn't be followed and should be banned

we can have our own opinions about morality and i will say that most, but not all, people would see what Herrera was talking about as morally wrong

but there's no such thing as objective morality

i agree with AL's definition

there's the mass morality, not objective

the majority, the people in power and the setting of the situation, kinda defines the morality at that place

there's no objective version

that's why back in the day, something like slavery was seen as moral, because it was the majority and the people in power making that decision

then you just agreed that the 10 commandments aren't objectively moral

if you are saying someone breaking the first is not immoral
Wrong, everyone is a sinner. Everyone is immoral. Being Christian,Muslim or Jew doesn't make one automatically good. A real Christian recognizes the inherent evil in all of us. Following the teaches of Christ makes it possible to live a moral life,if you don't you probably gonna fail the test. You are either not familiar with Abrahamic religions or you talking in bad faith.

we're on a forum made by a select group of people, and they have set rules and conditions for us to use their free service

one of those rules is not doing whatever the fuck Herrera was doing

so in the space we're in, he shouldn't be followed and should be banned

we can have our own opinions about morality and i will say that most, but not all, people would see what Herrera was talking about as morally wrong

but there's no such thing as objective morality

i agree with AL's definition

there's the mass morality, not objective

the majority, the people in power and the setting of the situation, kinda defines the morality at that place

there's no objective version

that's why back in the day, something like slavery was seen as moral, because it was the majority and the people in power making that decision
We will agree to disagree then.

agreement or disagreement doesnt define the existence or not of objective morality.
Exactly.

Kinda no, slavery was a thing before centralized governments etc were around. Enslaving ppl is kinda natural behavior sadly humans need to put a set of morals in place to get rid of it(and even nowadays it's creeping back in our cultures )

From Islamic supremacy to Christian missionary activity
I love this place

because if morality isn't objective, then its all a matter of opinion and so that guy should be allowed to talk stuff like that.
Morality is a consequence of our social nature buddy.

Morality is simply the result of social pressure and our need to survive and strive. Its not "objective". Its derivative of a sociological context.

Killing is bad not because there is a superior objective morality outside of all of us, its bad because if we say its good, we risk extinction.

there's like what 8 billion people in this world?? I challenge you to make them all agree on one simple morality

if someone disagrees then there's no objective morality
"There is like 8 billion people in this world?? I challenge you to make them all agree on one SIMPLE TRUTH."
You guys are basically denying the existence of an objective reality. See how stupid moral relativism is. Just because people can't figure out something ,it doesn't mean it does not exist.

Kinda no, slavery was a thing before centralized governments etc were around. Enslaving ppl is kinda natural behavior sadly humans need to put a set of morals in place to get rid of it(and even nowadays it's creeping back in our cultures )
but even after the creation of governments, it still took a while for it to taken down

and during that time, those societies pretty much decided that it was moral

because it was completely fine doing it

those in power could make that decision

From Islamic supremacy to Christian missionary activity
I love this place
lmfao you are just here to incite flames wars

but even after the creation of governments, it still took a while for it to taken down

and during that time, those societies pretty much decided that it was moral

because it was completely fine doing it

those in power could make that decision
Society has evolved past it.

Society has evolved past it.
but that's my point

back then, it was seen as moral

what we see as moral today, might not be the case in thousands of years from now

this simple fact makes the idea of objective morality impossible

because it's all relative to the place, the times, the people in power and so on

"There is like 8 billion people in this world?? I challenge you to make them all agree on one SIMPLE TRUTH."
You guys are basically denying the existence of an objective reality. See how stupid moral relativism is. Just because people can't figure out something ,it doesn't mean it does not exist.
The simple truth = Christianity?