Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 985: New Onigashima

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy said to Yamato she can’t be Oden, to which she responded : "Then do it yourself !". So the way I see it, it’s not that Yamato just wants to be Oden because she admires him, she assumed his identity because she sees this as a role she has to fulfill until the country is free and Wano borders are open. "Kozuki Oden" is like an unofficial title in her eyes. That’s why she doesn’t really seem to see herself as a man and simply puts on a mask instead of literally becoming a man.

Maybe that was already obvious for everyone but it’s an interesting point to raise. It means she’ll probably stop pretending to be Oden after Kaido’s fall. I found this relieving because I wouldn’t like her to keep doing that, especially if she joins the crew. Be your own person.

Who said they will find it??
They will probably get something but they will not find or reach One Piece
They are not finding anything. Kaido wants to make of wano the base of his operation, it's not going to happen.
They will get defeated here in this arc or at the very least they will be forced to leave wano.

Welcome Croco. Hope you have fun in Worstgen.

But yes, i can see SSG > Warlords. But until further information, i have a hope on Mihawk.
Other than mihawk, they might be lose to SSG.
It isn't the first time that SSG is getting compared to Shichibukais, Fujitora also said that they can replace the Shichibukais so again and again, there are so many evidences that Mihawk isn't Yonko level and people are still delusional.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Luffy said to Yamato she can’t be Oden, to which she responded : "Then do it yourself !". So the way I see it, it’s not that Yamato just wants to be Oden because she admires him, she assumed his identity because she sees this as a role she has to fulfill until the country is free and Wano borders are open. "Kozuki Oden" is like an unofficial title in her eyes. That’s why she doesn’t really seem to see herself as a man and simply puts on a mask instead of literally becoming a man.

Maybe that was already obvious for everyone but it’s an interesting point to raise. It means she’ll probably stop pretending to be Oden after Kaido’s fall. I found this relieving because I wouldn’t like her to keep doing that, especially if she joins the crew. Be your own person.
In the french translation, Yamato said "But you more fit to become "Oden"" to Luffy which is confusing.
So, i think "Oden" is the people who will able to open the border of Wano. And by that translation, everyone who can open the border of wano is "Oden" lol

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
It isn't the first time that SSG is getting compared to Shichibukais, Fujitora also said that they can replace the Shichibukais so again and again, there are so many evidences that Mihawk isn't Yonko level and people are still delusional.
I mean, if SSG can defeat Mihawk which is a "World Strongest Swordsman". Then the WSS title held by SSG now.

So, generally, it's a force to be reckoned with.... however, is it stronger than Shichibukai? or weaker? or equal? entirely not determined... but for Marines, I think they are MORE beneficial because they will not go against their orders, where they can use them in the best possible way...
It doesn't matter, they can be even weaker but if they can replace Shichibukais then it's basically means SSG=<Shichibukais which again another evidence showing that Mihawk isn't Yonko level.

Status
Not open for further replies.