Volume 109 - Discussion Thread (July 4th, 2024)

Aramaki didn't even need his sword
Aramaki isn't even a swordman lmao
he just used a form which is the equivalent of casual Dragon Kaido at best.
that's his main form to fight .
Then both fought with each other and the revos didn't do shit.
Fujitora is more restricted than Fraud Bull in combat abilities where Fuji couldn't use his basic ability that his DF offers meanwhile Fraud bull could , Fuji was fighting while protecting slaves while Fraud bull wouldn't care .

That Shiki answer makes me think that Oda is seriously considering having him be the old generation guy that Shanks defeated 6 years ago in order to become a Yonko himself.

He's been very clear about Strong World events not being canon, so Shiki had to wait 20 years in order to fulfill his plan with Dr. Indigo and Shanks beat him before he could do anything.

I'm willing to bet on this, we're getting near a Shanks flashback (that may be tied to either Garling or a major God Valley flashback) and I seriously doubt Oda is going to have him become a Yonko "just cuz" without doing anything.
Imo Shanks fought Big Mom to become a Yonko. That would explain why shanks is a hero in Elbaf, why Big Mom has a grudge against Shanks, and why he attained the title

Fraud Bull used his Tree form the same one he used against scabbards but he needs to go all out for Morley , he used his DF on basic manner while Fuji can't even use it in basic manner .
Fujitora didn't throw meteors and Greenbull didn't turn entire Mary Geoise into a jungle. His giant tree form doesn't mean much if he still can't go ham on them due to fearing that CDs might be involved.

At this point I see more reason to put Aramaki higher based on feats but we have damn few feats and in my opinion Fujitora is a prime candidate to be a future FA which to me is a higher portrayal so I'd say it's debatable and only time will decide
:moonwalk:
Fujitora has among the best DF feats in the whole series huh?

Aramaki isn't even a swordman lmao
So he's carrying his sword for decoration?

that's his main form to fight .
It still doesn't change the fact that Aramaki had to look out for his surroundings.
We've seen Aramaki casually turning the entire environment to his element. Stuff like that was restricted.

ujitora is more restricted than Fraud Bull in combat abilities where Fuji couldn't use his basic ability that his DF offers meanwhile Fraud bull could , Fuji was fighting while protecting slaves while Fraud bull wouldn't care .
Fujitora still can throw basic gravity techniques at the revos and especially at Greenbull lol

Imo Shanks fought Big Mom to become a Yonko. That would explain why shanks is a hero in Elbaf, why Big Mom has a grudge against Shanks, and why he attained the title
No way, if Big Mom was defeated by Shanks she wouldn't be a Yonko and what's more, she wouldn't have a bigger bounty than him.

When you consider all the big shots from Roger's era, the only one that makes sense is Shiki.

- WB, Kaido and BM have been implied to have been undefeated since *at least* Roger's death. And no, I don't think any of Kaido's numbered defeats happened after taking over Wano.
- We know Shanks didn't defeat Mihawk, otherwise he wouldn't be WSS, even though we don't know the full nature of their duels.
- Shanks' attitude and relation with the WG basically deconfirms any high ranking Marine. Shanks is not the type of guy to target the Fleet Admiral or something, he values the balance of the World and he meets with the fucking Elders.
- For that same reasoning I doubt that he has faced against the God Knights' because they're usually recluded on Mariejois.

So all that's left are ex-Rocks Pirates other than the Yonko and Whang-Zi/Ochoku (who was defeated during the timeskip):

- Shiki
- Silver Axe
- Captain John
- Buckin Stussy
- Gloriosa

I doubt Oda would have Shanks brutally defeat an old woman, and among the other 3, Shiki is by far the option that would give Shanks the best portrayal.

Also Shanks' animal motif is a Lion so you have an easy Red-Haired Lion vs Golden Lion theme going on.

I'll repeat, I'm willing to bet on this.

At this point I see more reason to put Aramaki higher based on feats but we have damn few feats and in my opinion Fujitora is a prime candidate to be a future FA which to me is a higher portrayal so I'd say it's debatable and only time will decide
:moonwalk:
Fair but being fleet admiral doesn’t necessarily mean you’re the strongest. Garp and sengoku might be debatable but Kuzan was almost fleet admiral even tho he’s the weakest of the og 3. So fujitora being more fit for the role doesn’t mean ryokugyu can’t be stronger
:handsup:

No way, if Big Mom was defeated by Shanks she wouldn't be a Yonko and what's more, she wouldn't have a bigger bounty than him.

When you consider all the big shots from Roger's era, the only one that makes sense is Shiki.

- WB, Kaido and BM have been implied to have been undefeated since *at least* Roger's death. And no, I don't think any of Kaido's numbered defeats happened after taking over Wano.
- We know Shanks didn't defeat Mihawk, otherwise he wouldn't be WSS, even though we don't know the full nature of their duels.
- Shanks' attitude and relation with the WG basically deconfirms any high ranking Marine. Shanks is not the type of guy to target the Fleet Admiral or something, he values the balance of the World and he meets with the fucking Elders.
- For that same reasoning I doubt that he has faced against the God Knights' because they're usually recluded on Mariejois.

So all that's left are ex-Rocks Pirates other than the Yonko and Whang-Zi/Ochoku (who was defeated during the timeskip):

- Shiki
- Silver Axe
- Captain John
- Buckin Stussy
- Gloriosa

I doubt Oda would have Shanks brutally defeat an old woman, and among the other 3, Shiki is by far the option that would give Shanks the best portrayal.

Also Shanks' animal motif is a Lion so you have an easy Red-Haired Lion vs Golden Lion theme going on.

I'll repeat, I'm willing to bet on this.
Who said defeated? A fight to a draw would be enough to gain the title. Shanks merely had to stop Big Mom not defeat her.