General & Others Zoro s confirmed to be the deuteragonist.

Oda designed Zolo as Buggy's underling :milaugh:

Zolo's Early Design:

So that instead of ''Pirate Hunter'', Oda chose "Marine Hunter'' to be Buggy's new underling.

logiko saying he knows more than oda for the millionth time
Logiko is right. If Ryuma bloodline was equally important Imu would cut Luffy and Zolo posters not Luffy and Teach posters.

Which is...... Wrong.

Zoro is not even close to this narrative place.

In reality, there are no deuteragonists in One Piece since this is a largle multi characters story (and not just three characters like Anciant greek dramas)

In a regular stories (and One Piece is - overall - a regular story, not an anciant greek drama) the most important character after the protagonist, is the Antagonist.

The most important character after Luffy is therefore by narrative logic, Blackbeard, NOT Zoro.

Nice post.

F

Foul Legacy

Which is...... Wrong.

Zoro is not even close to this narrative place.

In reality, there are no deuteragonists in One Piece since this is a largle multi characters story (and not just three characters like Anciant greek dramas)

In a regular stories (and One Piece is - overall - a regular story, not an anciant greek drama) the most important character after the protagonist, is the Antagonist.

The most important character after Luffy is therefore by narrative logic, Blackbeard, NOT Zoro.

Remove blackbeard nothing changes.
Remove zori and whole series meets it's demise.
:ihaha::ihaha:

WOW the arrogance
No, simple narrative logic. This is a narrative fact that is not even that complicated to understand lol

:sanmoji:

we did it boys we finally reached peak copium and denial
Its funny how you guys are laughing, but what I say is not even remotely controversial haha

Remove blackbeard nothing changes.
Actually, if you remove blackbeard, you get:

- No intended and early rivality for Luffy
- No pretimeskip side stories (All side stories pretimeskip are linked to Blackbeard)
- No Marineford Saga (amazon lily, Impel Down, Marineford, post marineford) because blackbeard does not capture Ace
- No death of Ace, which creates absolutely no development for the main character
- Which means no mid point in the story as there is no big defeat of Luffy
- This also means no development of the four Yonko
- No antagonist to rush against for the One Piece
- Probably no end

Blackbeard is the antagonist (unless, Imu takes somehow this place), without the Antagonist, the protagonist can't be challenged. And in One Piece, Luffy is challenged narratively two times :
- Before the timeskip with the death of Ace
- At the end of the story, with an event we don't know anything about yet.

Blackbeard is central to One Piece. Without him, no main story or a very different and less interesting one.

imagine thinking you know more about the series than it's creator
Imagine thinking that you can tell a guys who learned all his life about narration that he is somehow wrong to place the antagonist of the story as the second most important character....

:giogio:

Zolo has Ryuma bloodline, that doesn't mean Zolo's personality is like Ryuma.

Thats saying like every children of Linlin, is like Linlin, they can inherit her strength but personality is different.

Or Roger and Ace, Ace has different personality than Roger but inherited Roger's strength.

Ryuma has different personality than Zolo, read Ryuma's story clown.

Peroroncino

πŸ…·πŸ…°πŸ…»πŸ…° πŸ…ΌπŸ…°πŸ…³πŸ†πŸ…ΈπŸ…³
β€Ž
No, simple narrative logic. This is a narrative fact that is not even that complicated to understand lol

Its funny how you guys are laughing, but what I say is not even remotely controversial haha

Actually, if you remove blackbeard, you get:

- No intended and early rivality for Luffy
- No pretimeskip side stories (All side stories pretimeskip are linked to Blackbeard)
- No Marineford Saga (amazon lily, Impel Down, Marineford, post marineford) because blackbeard does not capture Ace
- No death of Ace, which creates absolutely no development for the main character
- Which means no mid point in the story as there is no big defeat of Luffy
- This also means no development of the four Yonko
- No antagonist to rush against for the One Piece
- Probably no end

Blackbeard is the antagonist (unless, Imu takes somehow this place), without the Antagonist, the protagonist can't be challenged. And in One Piece, Luffy is challenged narratively two times :
- Before the timeskip with the death of Ace
- At the end of the story, with an event we don't know anything about yet.

Blackbeard is central to One Piece. Without him, no main story or a very different and less interesting one.

Imagine thinking that you can tell a guys who learned all his life about narration that he is somehow wrong to place the antagonist of the story as the second most important character....

:giogio:
ofc it's not controversial that kind of stupidity is commonplace for you here

I don't see why your opinion should matter more than the average reader in this forum. Like, did you study linguistics or why do you think you're overqualified even when it comes to the author himself???

Zoro is the ally. Meaning that in term of importance, he arrives in third place with all the main strawhats.

Worthy to note also that this structure can also be developped for all the arc in a form of sub structure.

In all arcs there is a main protagonist, the Antagonist and Luffy (this is the closest you will get to have a deuteragonist as Luffy literally acts like the "hand" of the protagonists of each of those arcs.

In Arlong Park Nami is the protagonist, Luffy acts as her hands and Arlong is the Antagonist and therefore the most important character after Nami

In Alabasta, Vivi is the protagonist, Luffy acts as her hands and Crocodile is the antagonist

In skypea its interesting because there is not one but multiple protagonist (Conis, Wiper, Montblanc etc.), Luffy takes tge role of their hands and Enel is the antagonist.

Etc. etc.

Luffy retake the lead in term of narration only in the Marineford Saga and loses it after the timeskip.

ofc it's not controversial that kind of stupidity is commonplace for you here
Hehe, think what you want mate, if you don't want to learn, stay ignorant

I don't see why your opinion should matter more than the average reader in this forum.
I would say because I know a little bit more about narration that the average poster here. But you don't have to believe me, you just have to do the maths.

An ally - in a conventional story - will never be as important as the antagonist of said story. The reason is simple : The story only exist because the antagonist challenges the goal of the protagonist. The ally is always secondary to this dynamic.

Like, did you study linguistics or why do you think you're overqualified even when it comes to the author himself???
I've been studying storytelling for more than a decades now and I've explained exactly why Zoro can't be the most important character after Luffy. So, you make your choice. Either you believe me, or you don't.

:kayneshrug:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
Some deuteragonist in Shonen :

- Vegeta
- Sasuke
- Kilua
- Bakugo
- Megumi
- Louis
- Armin
- Sei
- Suzaku

etc etc

Good luck if you think Zoro is even remotely close in importance and developed as much as them in their story