General & Others Zoro s confirmed to be the deuteragonist.

Some deuteragonist in Shonen :

- Vegeta
- Sasuke
- Kilua
- Bakugo
- Megumi
- Louis
- Armin
- Sei
- Suzaku

etc etc

Good luck if you think Zoro is even remotely close in importance and developed as much as them in their story
He’s not a deuteragonist in the classical sense, Oda wants to goof around with Luffy but he also wants an edgy protagonist with a more serious tone to balance out the manga in the bigger picture

You spewed a lot of nonsense like ''stories are written in one way only for centuries except ancient greece'' lol wtf ?
Not just ancient greece, there are a few ways to creates stories other than the three character drama, but the way we are creating stories now follows a pattern that has been ruling for centuries.

''It doesn't matter what Oda says'' hahah what is this ?
No. What Oda says matters. But what he says is not as valuable as the reality of the narration of his story. NUANCE.

''Blackbeard is more important than Zoro''
In term of impact on people, I would not say that, but in term of narration, that's the case.

A concentrate of bs and cope.
What am I supposed to be "coping" for here ?

:choppawhat:

All this because you can't stand a fictional cartoon character being important ? And after all the ''high horse'' attitude ?
What ??? :choppawhat::choppawhat:

I don't care if Zoro was indeed one of the most important character of the story. Its not about Zoro or the story or blackbeard, its about saying something factual about the narration of One Piece.

I'm simply correcting something that people are getting wrong about storytelling here.

:kayneshrug:

I have absolutely no agenda in the matter.

Carrot not joining the crew maybe negates it...
I don't think she is joining anymore hehe

:moonwalk:

What is your argument that Zoro isn’t the second mc what is the criteria that makes Zoro invalidated to be one?
Simple narrative logic.

In a conventional story (which is One Piece), the second most important character for the narration is the antagonist.

The reason for that is because the antagonist is challenging indirectly or directly the protagonist. This dynamic is what makes the story's substance. Without it there would be no development.

In One Piece, the role of the antagonist falls on Blackbeard. He is the one that is challenging Luffy the most narratively. Without blackbeard, the story of One Piece would lose the major events that are the mid point and the end of the story:
- The marineford Saga and the death of Ace
- The race for the throne.

Blackbeard is therefore the most important character after Luffy narratively. Zoro is to be classified in the category of close allies (with the strawhats)

"Studying storytelling" = "Reading mangas and comics in my mom's basement for years"
Maybe for you, but that's not what I've been doing mate.