General & Others Zoro s confirmed to be the deuteragonist.

All that for having things like his whole family tree dropped in a SBS like a side character?

Deutaragonist? What!? Where? When?
:risitameh::risitameh:

And i didn't see you taking about all the other stuff he said in this interview as well, such as Sanji being planned alongside Ryuma as Romeo in a display of Samura vs Knight in the 90s

Then nowadays it turns out that Sanji's eyebrows are more relevant for Oda than Zoro's whole family

Deutaragonist? Wut is my blud wafflin bout
:kobeha: :shame::saden:
:milaugh:

emphasis on "may" and "depending" lmao.
With Zolo, that ''may'' can never happen. Under no circumstances Zolo can oppose his captain Luffy. Being loyal underling to Luffy is part of his character now, thats why Zolo can't be a deuteragonist, he has no chance to oppose Luffy. Another thing that separates Zolo from Ryuma.

Zoro has countless goofy moments he just knows when to be serious Loda couldn't make it more clear who the real parallel is

Ryuma is much more energic unlike stoic Zolo, look around him, Ryuma is literally shining there lmao, even their speech balloons are different.

Ryuma has 1 sword style.
Zolo has 3 swords.
Zolo has green hair, Ryuma is not green.

Ryuma has a different personality.

Zolo just sleeps and serves Luffy.

Zoro ain't Sasuke, Killua, Vegeta

He doesn't even thrive for the same goal as Luffy
He's never taken down any major villain of the arc and won't do
He hasn't been the main guy of the arc since what? I don't even remember
He's not Luffy's RIVAL !!!
Noodle's really having a breakdown as we speak lmao.

The deuteragonist is defined as the person second in importance to the main character in the story. Oda just stated that Zoro is the 2nd main character, thus, Zoro is the deuteragonist.

Whether or not he fulfills your criteria for deuteragonist, or whether or not he's a traditional deuteragonist is utterly irrelevant to this thread, and to Oda's statement.

Zoro is the 2nd main character of One Piece, confirmed as a fact by the author. You can all cope by saying he doesn't compare to guys like Sasuke etc... but nobody cares. Zoro is the deuteragonist of One Piece, confirmed. I honestly don't even know what you guys' problem with this even is.

If you guys don't like it, write a letter to Oda saying how you dislike his writing style for his deuteragonist. But whether or not Zoro is the 2nd main character is no longer up for debate.

I think it's hard for people to consider Zoro the 2nd main character when he pales in comparison to his contemporaries

I'll use the characters Ndule listed as an example

Put Zoro next to Vegeta, Sasuke, or Killua and it isn't even a competition

No one would question their position because it's pretty much impossible

Goku and Vegeta train together, face main antagonists together, and receive their power ups together. There are a handful of times where Vegeta has even taken center stage

The same could be said for Naruto especially since the latter half of the series literally revolves around their relationship building up to the reveal that they're both "reincarnations" of Ashura and Indra. The entire manga ends with their battle at the Valley of the End

In Hunter X Hunter there are entire arcs where Gon and Killua go off on their own adventures and grow together completely separate from Kurapika and Leorio. Almost every step they take they take together. From learning the basics of Nen, to creating their own unique Hatsus, to eventually facing off against the Chimera Ants

What does Zoro have compared to that?

Oda's word is law but the gap is noticeable

Noodle's really having a breakdown as we speak lmao.

The deuteragonist is defined as the person second in importance to the main character in the story. Oda just stated that Zoro is the 2nd main character, thus, Zoro is the deuteragonist.

Whether or not he fulfills your criteria for deuteragonist, or whether or not he's a traditional deuteragonist is utterly irrelevant to this thread, and to Oda's statement.

Zoro is the 2nd main character of One Piece, confirmed as a fact by the author. You can all cope by saying he doesn't compare to guys like Sasuke etc... but nobody cares. Zoro is the deuteragonist of One Piece, confirmed. I honestly don't even know what you guys' problem with this even is.

If you guys don't like it, write a letter to Oda saying how you dislike his writing style for his deuteragonist. But whether or not Zoro is the 2nd main character is no longer up for debate.
You make up shit but accusing someone to have a breakdown :milaugh:

Deuteragonist is the 2nd most important character in the story that means Zolo can't be that as Zolo wouldn't challenge any Emperor , neither he has 1 v 1 capability nor has any leadership capability to create equally powerful crews to oppose them, even Sanji doesn't give af about Zolo, Zolo couldn't lead SH pirates if Luffy didn't exist, and the story of One Piece is to fight vs Emperors as Oda said, Zolo has no goal to fight Emperors.

If you remove Zolo from story nothing changes.

If you remove one of the Emperors, it changes a lot.

Story revolves around these 4;

Oda's word is law but the gap is noticeable
Oda said Ryuma.

Just because Zolo inherited some of Ryuma's powers that doesn't mean they are same.

Otherwise Garp and Dragon, Roger and Ace, Linlin and Katakuri would be same, while they inherit powers to some extend, they are all different people.

Wrong, because the author said he is. So every sentence after this was a complete waste of time.
Author said Ryuma dumbass, Zolo is not Ryuma, they are different personalities.

Such a cool scene from sanjino btw he knows the importance of the deuteragonist his value to the crew:myman:
Btw notice how he asks Zoro about his own ambition he values it but his fans will swear up and down it's a pointless dream. Learn to be classy like your boy :kata:
It's a pointless dream but one of those magazines/books or wtv said that it is more important than Lanji's life. :kobeha:

I love how you actually acknowledge there's a chance Oda might just completely forget about her and leave her to rot on Zou
Its completely possible. But.... That would be really surprising. ANd there are too many warnings..

But what is even MORE surprising is what could happen if she comes back.

Its funny, because through me, you guys have been dealing with the rationnal man here. I purposefully refused very early on to theorize too much and go too far into the future of Carrot. I've always maintained my focus on her present and the narrative evidences that I was seeing, things I was SURE of (this is also what gave me the strenght to hold on). But there is someone that didn't cared about that and looked beyond just the rationnal.

And if Carrot is indeed coming back.... you have no idea just how important she is about to become. In comparison, I was aiming low when I thought that she would join the crew.

And if I'm taking that so seriously, its because his videos are based on various conclusions I made myself years ago, which makes his reasonning perfectly complementary with mine.

I will talk more about it in the conejo club

You do know Oda was just talking about Ryuma, not Zoro, right?

I'm only going to bother saying this once. But Oda's main template like DB is JTTW (Journey to the West.)
In JTTW you have Wukong as MC, but Sanzang as deuteragonist, and the actual ending and journey being about Sanzang.
Also known as Tripitaka (Three Baskets).

In One Piece, Luffy is Wukong, or at least half of him. Personality, Monkey ref, the headband (his Nika brows), all around imagery and powers. Nami is the other half, she's got the cloud and staff.

SANzang is self explanatory. The monk that travels with Wukong to collect the scriptures. Sanzang is the one that reigns in Wukong's unruly behavior, keeps him on the path of right, and is the one of the whole group that shows mercy, kindness, and compassion. Sanzang is split up between Sanji (Compassion, kindness, mercy, "SAN," and keeping Wukong/Luffy reigned in.) | Robin: Collecting the 'scriptures' or in this case poneglyphs.

Also, in every Omake Oda makes, Sanji is always named SANrandomnameattached.

Thus Sanji and Robin fit more to deuteragonist as the representation of Sanzang.