Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Katakuris get clowned just like anybody else. Oda would put the story above scaling 100% of the time. Again just look at the clown show at Onigashima. Kaido getting blasted by bums, BM getting thrown away by the lower SH etc
Facts:kata:

It doesn't matter if it's Katakuri, Kaido, Big Mom, the Admirals, Oda will always find a way to clown on them and hold them back, so that way the SHs don't die.

Some want to downplay the Gorosei when in reality it's not really their fault.

Yeah I agree, it doesn't make any sense and the drawbacks are inconsistent. What do you think the Will of D buff will be if any?
Looking at the hints we have about the D it’ll be something related to storms. IMO it’s the power the man marked by flames is using to create whirlpools which are caused by storms and it’s how Vivi summoned rain to end Alabasta war

The fact that Venus even melts from Atlas' lame ass explosion is hilarious. Fodder were tanking far bigger exposions and never once were hurt but Venus actually melts
:ronalugh:
https://x.com/Mugiwara_23/status/1810627579528753567/photo/1

Gorosei are so fucking ass :kobeha:
We know Venus has shit durability because he was damaged by Sanji’s base kicks… and we know Sanji’s kicks are weak as shit since his strongest kick last chapter was also weak as shit

Even high tiers are more competent than this.

plus their haki is definitely not high tier status
Haki is complete bullshit now anyway, just like trying to powerscale Loda's mess. Or like trying to craft theories for a story and its lore even though the author is only determine to contradict himself as much as possible. The man refuses to take advise from people who aren't bootlickers and his editors are just crying buttkissers.

Haki also took away what made fights interesting prior to the timeskip, trying to defeat the impossible villain by finding his weakness or using a strategy to use their own powers against them. Now its just "my haki can beat your haki'.

Last edited:
5 Katakuris get clowned just like anybody else. Oda would put the story above scaling 100% of the time. Again just look at the clown show at Onigashima. Kaido getting blasted by bums, BM getting thrown away by the lower SH etc
Though if his story was good he would have at least respected the power consistency and differences far more, and found better ways to allow the Straw Hats to escape alive from their foes.

I’m not a Lucci fan but I did expect more from him here. It feels like this is where he’ll be written out of the manga, at least out of prominent roles. Lucci trying to hunt the Vegapunks and Zoro stopping him would’ve been a pretty fun C plot to Emeth/Goofy fights.
As @Roo said it, Saturn was just enough..
Oda sometimes overboard it with so many stuffs, putting to much characters into one event for the "wow" effect without even thinking much about it. I still think the Gorosei summoing was to early.

It should come at the end, with Saturn getting smacked by Emeth and calling all the others for the help.
In that case Zoro vs Lucci could get more screentime, make Luffy round 2 vs Kizaru better with a first showcase of awakening, giving less screentime for running and stalling. Oda sometimes don´t really think what he do, he just add nonsense stuff and make the end worse.
He even said that he want to add so many stuff as he think, that is the problem.

It should be simple, if he done it like I wrote above, Egghead would be easily 10/10, more clean and better, no running and stalling, like he did with Luffy vs Katakuri, give Lucci vs Zoro 2-3Chapters and Luffy vs Kizaru 3-5Chapters, while making in side the boardcast, Emeth short clash with Saturn.

Once Luffy and Zoro defeated Kizaru and Lucci in a hard battles, Gorosei hype could come and show how op they are, make Emeth sacrifice himself to let all escape in 2-3 chapters. It would make look every side looking good, Lucci would look good, Kizaru too, the Gorosei, Emeth and of course the strawhats.

The newest route clearly damaged the hype of the Gorosei...
Oda worst mistake was after the Kuma flashback. He never should add the Gorosei all at once, things like this never work out, he already had problems to give good screentime for Kaido and Big Mom together, with Kaido totally overshining Big Mom.

Facts:kata:

It doesn't matter if it's Katakuri, Kaido, Big Mom, the Admirals, Oda will always find a way to clown on them and hold them back, so that way the SHs don't die.

Some want to downplay the Gorosei when in reality it's not really their fault.
Can you imagine 5 WBs or Rogers getting stalled by toy robots?
2 Rogers would have blitzed everybody by now never mind 5. But I get it, the plot armor is thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.