Controversial Top 5 Things i dont like about Egghead

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
Egghead has been a Rollercoaster of an Arc from the highest peaks to the lowest valleys it's personally my favorite in post time skip and 4th favorite overall but it's far from perfect with that said here's my top 5 least favorite things about Egghead

Worst
1. Skipping over the murder mystery; The who done it murder mystery plot Oda had going was awesome I wish Oda had let that plot line continue have York pretend to be looking for the traitor only to reveal that she's the traitor all along and have her secretly kill the other punks one by one before she's caught

2. Bringing in the gorosei; I think Oda should have introduced the gorosei an arc at a time, this arc could of given Saturn some room to breath and for Oda to flush out his character and story and then each arc after could have had a focus on one of the other gorosei

3. Kuma- now I'm not saying I don't like Kuma but let's be honest he wasn't needed in this arc we got his back story but other than that what did he do? Someone else on the island could have came and punched Saturn, he threw that one punch and immediately became dead weight

4. The Giants; I don't like the giants never have, and I think the fact the giants praise Nika should have been saved for when they are actually in the land of giants I think it will have more impact if we saw like historical artifacts or ancient images showing Nika rather than just have the giants praise and dance to Nika every other chapter.

5. Shaka dying without taking his mask off first: I wonder to this day what he looked liked under the mask?

And that's my top 5 worst things about egghead

At some point I'll do my top 5 favorite things about egghead

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
Shaka overall was pointless and disappointing, I remember nothing about him other than his cool mask lol.
He gave off a cool and mysterious vibe ๐Ÿ˜Œ

1. Saturn did nothing but be a punching bag

2. Kizaru did pretty much nothing

3. Zoro struggling against Lucci

4. Strawhats still not doing much of anything

5. 2 Nikas

Mainly just lack of action.
There was a lot of action, luffy vs Lucci, luffy vs kizaru, luffy vs gorosei, luffy fighting style just isnt interesting anymore

--Characters like luffy , Zoro forgetting that they can use adv coc for most fight. Against seraphims or other characters.

--Off screening big fights as usual for example garp vs aokiji.

--Vegapunk not even mentioning the WG is negative light once which would have a real impact on civilians and most marines alike.

--Meaningless Zoro vs Lucci fight which makes zero sense from powerscaling perspective.

--Kizaru in general. He has been lackluster to say the least.

The really 2 things i dont like are the actions scenes and the introduction of the 4 other gorosei, and everything resulting in it

The actions scenes are bad, its either one "le hype" panel and then a cut away or very bad fights like kizaru vs Luffy who is even stretching to call it a fight. Even the hachinosu battle was cut up horrendously

and oda adding the 4 gorosei here is just a narrative failure because it decreased the overall competency and threat level. Most of them come off as goofy and jobbers now and oda is gonna need extra time later to dedicate to this if they gonna be taken seriously

--Characters like luffy , Zoro forgetting that they can use adv coc for most fight. Against seraphims or other characters.
This basically. And i am sure we are gonna see lots of these kind of plot holes later in the saga as well.

--Meaningless Zoro vs Lucci fight which makes zero sense from powerscaling perspective.
Doesnt make sense bc he never used adv coc. If he did, fight would be over much earlier.

Yet worst thing about Egghead is Luffy's need to eat just to regain his nika form every single time. Its bad and lazy writing and doesnt make sense at all.

Egghead has been a Rollercoaster of an Arc from the highest peaks to the lowest valleys it's personally my favorite in post time skip and 4th favorite overall but it's far from perfect with that said here's my top 5 least favorite things about Egghead

Worst
1. Skipping over the murder mystery; The who done it murder mystery plot Oda had going was awesome I wish Oda had let that plot line continue have York pretend to be looking for the traitor only to reveal that she's the traitor all along and have her secretly kill the other punks one by one before she's caught

2. Bringing in the gorosei; I think Oda should have introduced the gorosei an arc at a time, this arc could of given Saturn some room to breath and for Oda to flush out his character and story and then each arc after could have had a focus on one of the other gorosei

3. Kuma- now I'm not saying I don't like Kuma but let's be honest he wasn't needed in this arc we got his back story but other than that what did he do? Someone else on the island could have came and punched Saturn, he threw that one punch and immediately became dead weight

4. The Giants; I don't like the giants never have, and I think the fact the giants praise Nika should have been saved for when they are actually in the land of giants I think it will have more impact if we saw like historical artifacts or ancient images showing Nika rather than just have the giants praise and dance to Nika every other chapter.

5. Shaka dying without taking his mask off first: I wonder to this day what he looked liked under the mask?

And that's my top 5 worst things about egghead

At some point I'll do my top 5 favorite things about egghead
No 3 is pure stupid pal. This shows you didn't understand the story so I don't know how you cN say you didn't like something when you cannot understand the story. Kuma moving after the self destruct switch is miracle in itself and someone else punching would have made no sense at all.

No 4 is also because you couldn't understand the story or you missed the WCI. The Giants will dance to the Sun God, to have problem with this is baffling. Re read one piece again.

No 3 would take 200 chapters if they decide to introduce one by one.

No 1 is also funny if she killed them one by one, we wouldn't be getting the Atlas sacifice, edison's sacrifice and Lilith on the team.

Shaka thing is the only one which is questionable but he isn't Luffy so Idgaf about him.

So what you don't like is because you haven't followed the story properly and connected the dots. Sorry but its the truth.

One could probably write 100 things they donโ€™t like about Egghead. My main problems were
1. Kumaโ€™s flashback wasted more time than needed and that included Bonney crying for a couple chapters before the fb even started
2. Nika completely exhausting his energy against Kizaru offscreen, all we got was a small panel showing their fight
3. Kizaruโ€™s strongest beam still being the first beam he shot in the story, one that destroyed a mangrove tree
4. Vegapunkโ€™s useless speech, stalling
5. Reaction piece
running piece
Zoro vs lucci offscreen
5 Gorosei summoned together looking like fools
Elbaf giants cancer
Vice Admirals totally ignored
Vegapunks are dogshit
Luffy acting like a clown
Jinbe used as delivery man
etc
etc

Yoho

โ€Ž
No 3 is pure stupid pal. This shows you didn't understand the story so I don't know how you cN say you didn't like something when you cannot understand the story. Kuma moving after the self destruct switch is miracle in itself and someone else punching would have made no sense at all.

No 4 is also because you couldn't understand the story or you missed the WCI. The Giants will dance to the Sun God, to have problem with this is baffling. Re read one piece again.

No 3 would take 200 chapters if they decide to introduce one by one.

No 1 is also funny if she killed them one by one, we wouldn't be getting the Atlas sacifice, edison's sacrifice and Lilith on the team.

Shaka thing is the only one which is questionable but he isn't Luffy so Idgaf about him.

So what you don't like is because you haven't followed the story properly and connected the dots. Sorry but its the truth.
I understand the story completely from beginning to end just because I understand it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it, if they wanted to make a show of Kuma still being able to move let him keep moving not show up just to be dead weight.

200 chapters isn't a lot of chapters at all, egghead is damn near 70 chapters itself

We could still get Lilith on the team and Atlas sacifice, even if we didn't skip the murder mystery aspect

Not sure what wci has to do with the giants and nika, since neither was mentioned or even hinted at in that arc, but the giants worshipping Nika didn't need to be revealed here it would of had more of a impact on the story if thr connection was revealed in the land of the giants rather than just the giants fan boying over Luffy every time he transformed

Let me tell you how i think Arcs are made in One Piece
"Only Last Page (Sometimes Double) is Important, the Rest are just Filler, Fan Service, Info Dump, Drama, Comedy & Action"

For example, We have a Chapter ending with Lucci Mortally Wounding Atlas, even if someone reads only Last Pages of Egghead Chapters & assume Atlas died against Lucci, it won't change the Plot much, cuz eventually She died indeed, or Straw Hats meeting Lilith as Final Page on Chapter, jump to End of Arc & again, only Lilith is with them on Thousand Sunny

Or even Chapter ending with Sabo contacting Dragon, even though We had that Lulusia Destruction Scene & his Mysterious Disappearance & Revos worried ... etc but eventually where did the Story continue? Sabo continuing to talk with Dragon, as if nothing in between happened

So tbh, i think People should stop thinking too much about every single Sub-Plot & Fight & Detail & Panel ... etc
Those are just what Oda enjoys to draw to fill in the blanks, and any reader will have Scenes They like & Scenes They don't, but when it comes to the Arc's Story, only Last Pages matter really (99% of the time, there are bond to be Exceptions sometimes ofc, but it's the general rule)

And so far, i'd say i enjoyed 90% of this Arc's Final Pages

The plot and ideas are overall good, just some bad execution by Oda. The arc leading up to the climax with the arrival of the 5 gorosei were all fine to me apart from a few nitpicks. Now, the plot barely progresses with VPโ€™s speech regurgitating info we just got a few chapters ago, and the gorosei being a bunch of incompetent fools every chapter. The final segment is ruining what could have been the arc that can compare to even great pre-ts arcs.