Character Discussion Why aren’t One Piece villains as iconic and memorable as Naruto/DBZ villains?

IDK, I think it's a problem DBZ has in general, but that doesn't impressive me. That's something Imperfect Cell could've done, so it doesn't speak to his power at all and this man already did more graphically fucked up shit.
I’m not talking about power levels, I’m just showing that Super Buu had hella aura

Btw, what did you think about the DBS antagonists?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I’m not talking about power levels, I’m just showing that Super Buu had hella aura

Btw, what did you think about the DBS antagonists?
Golden Frieza is cool, only because I'm a Frieza fan.
Hit feels like a GT character that fell into Super. He's alright but he comes off as an edgy Piccolo.
Didn't watch Goku Black Saga

Jiren was pretty intimidating at first ngl. His theme was awesome. I think he'd have been much more memorable if the animation wasn't so inconsistent and the show wasn't aimed at 8 year olds in Japan. Having to tone down how much blood you can show really makes the entire show suffer, IMO.

Moro was hot & cold. Don't think he had any aura to speak of. The Heeters were even worse lmfao.

Hbu?

Golden Frieza is cool, only because I'm a Frieza fan.
Hit feels like a GT character that fell into Super. He's alright but he comes off as an edgy Piccolo.
Didn't watch Goku Black Saga

Jiren was pretty intimidating at first ngl. His theme was awesome. I think he'd have been much more memorable if the animation wasn't so inconsistent and the show wasn't aimed at 8 year olds in Japan. Having to tone down how much blood you can show really makes the entire show suffer, IMO.

Moro was hot & cold. Don't think he had any aura to speak of. The Heeters were even worse lmfao.

Hbu?
Resurrection of F was shameless fanservice, but Frieza was really cool in the ToP

I liked Hit because he had a unique fighting style and put the cast in their place after they steamrolled through the rest of Universe 6.

Zamasu was mid.

Jiren really grew on me. He felt boring and Kaido-esque at the beginning, but I liked the direction they went with him and his philosophy about strength and friendship later in the ToP. Even though the show is aimed for 8 year olds, they still made their “meathead” villain into a far more interesting character than Crydo lol.

Moro had a cool design and somewhat interesting abilities, but that’s about it. Moro and Gas just feel like filler meant to delay Goku surpassing Beerus in the manga (he should have surpassed Beerus in the ToP like he was implied to in the manga, but Toyotaro knows Beerus will become another Krillin/Tien/Yamcha the moment Goku surpasses him, so Beerus’s power level keeps on getting retconned)

No One Piece villain, except maybe Doflamingo, has the aura of villains like Frieza, Cell, Super Buu, Pain, Itachi, Obito (pre-reveal), or Madara. I’d even argue that more minor villains like Sasori have more aura than many arc villains in OP tbh.

I think a large part of it is that OP villains usually don’t have as much of a backstory, so they end up feeling like generic baddies who are just there to be an obstacle for Luffy. I mean ffs, even Sasori, who only fought Sakura and Chiyo for a few chapters before being written out of the story, had a longer and better backstory than Kaido…
Crocodile has more Aura than that mook gay pink Doffy

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Jiren really grew on me. He felt boring and Kaido-esque at the beginning, but I liked the direction they went with him and his philosophy about strength and friendship later in the ToP. Even though the show is aimed for 8 year olds, they still made their “meathead” villain into a far more interesting character than Crydo lol.

Moro had a cool design and somewhat interesting abilities, but that’s about it. Moro and Gas just feel like filler meant to delay Goku surpassing Beerus in the manga (he should have surpassed Beerus in the ToP like he was implied to in the manga, but Toyotaro knows Beerus will become another Krillin/Tien/Yamcha the moment Goku surpasses him, so Beerus’s power level keeps on getting retconned)
It's funny, I'm the opposite. I liked him a lot more going into it and the more we learned, the worse Jiren became. He was introduced around the same time as Kata and had the same aura as him, which was wild.

Moro was all over the place in a bad way, like Buu. He went from a goat grandpa to a weird Cell/Cooler love child.

It really robbed him of an identity IMO. Goku pulling out a perfect susano'o doesn't help that arc either

Croc has inflated aura because he was the first time where the villain was actually stronger than Luffy. Before then, every villain had been fodders who needed to play dirty to raise the stakes. Croc looked kinda mid once Luffy could actually start hitting him
Croc has never looked mid till we saw his level surpassed at Marineford

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Croc has never looked mid till we saw his level surpassed at Marineford
I think Crocodile looked even better at Marineford. He rocks the Anti-Hero role, is out there scolding everyone and is consistently getting in the admirals ways when no other character can.

He's no longer the boss but he's honestly the coolest character in Marineford for me.