Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1123 Spoilers Discussion

Was Sanji mentally nerfed in Egghead?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He designed her, but that's where what he knows stops. Just as she didn't know he had a dead man's switch, he doesn't know what modifications she might have made.
So incapacitate her, and put her in a room that blocks/scrambles outgoing signals. Open her up, and have your team of six super geniuses pull her apart.

He knew they wouldn't do that because they needed the Mother Flame, the seraphim etc. They had to come to the island.
Still doesn't account for the fact that they could have come earlier, and as far as we know he didn't take serious precautions for anyone showing up anyway.

As we saw, the only reason anyone believed him at all was that his predictions came true. Some people still didn't believe him or take it seriously like Nojiko and the Jaya pirates.

If it had been much earlier, the WG would have explained it away for the time being. They would also have the Mother Flame earlier and would have had time to hit more islands before his prediction came true. Thus making the global effects much worse.

But yes, it could've gone out earlier if he died earlier, and done some good at least.
That's just not true. Oda made it clear from the reaction in the early stages of the broadcast that most people of the world believe him at his word, because he is that highly respected among the general populace.

If he was concerned with the WG twisting his words and explaining it away, then I don't know why he made it a specific point to not lay the blame on any side. He wrote his speech exactly in a way where the WG could easily explain it away, and just say some pirates stole the Ancient Weapon and used it. He clearly didn't care about that happening.

If he didn't want the WG to have the Mother Flame, why didn't he take any precautions to not let it fall into their hands after his death?

He wasn't acting, he wiped his memory.
The spoilers say he wiped his memory only after two weeks, so he had to play pretend in that time. Again, really contrived, almost as if he had knowledge that the WG would just wait to kill him after he had time to create his broadcast rather than earlier, even though he's not supposed to have that knowledge.

Before Lulusia happened, there was no reason to send a message to the world because he didn't know it was in danger. The Ohara books are safely with Saul, so he didn't have to worry about that. He didn't make a move on York because of the aforementioned reasons.
So he just assumed someone would pick up the torch and not only read the books, at risk of their life, but also disseminate that knowledge, instead of being proactive and doing it himself. He has a unique capability to send information across the world unimpeded, but he just trusts that it will work out after his death? Nah, I think that's silly.

So incapacitate her, and put her in a room that blocks/scrambles outgoing signals. Open her up, and have your team of six super geniuses pull her apart.

Still doesn't account for the fact that they could have come earlier, and as far as we know he didn't take serious precautions for anyone showing up anyway.

That's just not true. Oda made it clear from the reaction in the early stages of the broadcast that most people of the world believe him at his word, because he is that highly respected among the general populace.

If he was concerned with the WG twisting his words and explaining it away, then I don't know why he made it a specific point to not lay the blame on any side. He wrote his speech exactly in a way where the WG could easily explain it away, and just say some pirates stole the Ancient Weapon and used it. He clearly didn't care about that happening.

If he didn't want the WG to have the Mother Flame, why didn't he take any precautions to not let it fall into their hands after his death?

The spoilers say he wiped his memory only after two weeks, so he had to play pretend in that time. Again, really contrived, almost as if he had knowledge that the WG would just wait to kill him after he had time to create his broadcast rather than earlier, even though he's not supposed to have that knowledge.

So he just assumed someone would pick up the torch and not only read the books, at risk of their life, but also disseminate that knowledge, instead of being proactive and doing it himself. He has a unique capability to send information across the world unimpeded, but he just trusts that it will work out after his death? Nah, I think that's silly.
Stfu with these paragraphs

It says it in the spoiler for this chapter, which is my gripe.
I missed that part :steef:

Would be good to see some giants knocked off their feet. Still, I think all of the Strawhats are mentally strong enough to not be fodderized. They were smacking around VAs at the end of Enies Lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.