Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters
No Alabasta makes sense if you want to be faithful to the first half of the Baroque Works Saga. Meeting Crocus could be 1 episode. Whiskey Peak is a mandatory 1 episode to set the tone of the Grandline, you need Drum Kingdom as well, which could be as many as 2 or 3 episodes.

Trying to cram the rest of Alabasta into that wouldn't do it justice....

But I don't think I'm gonna give a shit about season 2 lol. Not unless they have a really good B plot to contrast the load of nothing happening with the Straw Hats
Ace and shanks will most likely have plot lines that run along with the strawhats

Tbh if they were smart, they'd toss in Law or Kidd into a side plot with Smoker.
I was thinking Drake since sword and what not. I would want them to introduce Law in Jaya with bellamy. It would be kinda like a cool easter egg for anime fans, a former doffy pirate showing up in the same bar as the wannabe.
Maybe Capone or another Supernova can replace one of the lesser Baroque Works members like Mr 4, since his Usopp fight will 100% be cut or changed so much it won't resemble the manga anymore.
why do you say that?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Ace and shanks will most likely have plot lines that run along with the strawhats
I forgot Ace existed. They could do that, since they tossed Garp in so early. Tease him as a big pirate and then have him and Buggy be a duo like they were in the manga.

But I hate Ace so this doesn't excite me lmao
why do you say that?
Because the fight is a little too cartoony. Mr. 4 and the Mole lady playing baseball with a gun-dog while Usopp is doing straight up Ed Edd and Eddy gags to win the fight lol

And Mr. 4 is maybe the most forgettable Baroque Works agent in Alabasta proper to fight and lose

Because the fight is a little too cartoony. Mr. 4 and the Mole lady playing baseball with a gun-dog while Usopp is doing straight up Ed Edd and Eddy gags to win the fight lol

And Mr. 4 is maybe the most forgettable Baroque Works agent in Alabasta proper to fight and lose
The hearth of the fight is the decision of Usopp to stand for his friend.. so as long as they keep that, there is no reason that the fight goes really bad

I'm sure they could find a way to integrate Usopp's lie and the Mole mechanism. It's not the fight that worries me the most.

On the other hand, the fight of Usopp and Nami will requiere a lot of visual effects, that will be tough

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
The hearth of the fight is the decision of Usopp to stand for his friend.. so as long as they keep that, there is no reason that the fight goes really bad

I'm sure they could find a way to integrate Usopp's lie and the Mole mechanism. It's not the fight that worries me the most.

On the other hand, the fight of Usopp and Nami will requiere a lot of visual effects, that will be tough
I do wonder if they'll adapt it to fit the James Bond-esque theme Baroque Works has, like how they turned Kuro into a full on movie horror villain in his episodes. I think that would be a pretty clever way of making it visually appeal to regular people

I forgot Ace existed. They could do that, since they tossed Garp in so early. Tease him as a big pirate and then have him and Buggy be a duo like they were in the manga.

But I hate Ace so this doesn't excite me lmao

Ace is pretty much confirmed this season and because we're ending on drum it will tie into the cliff clanger of ace waiting for Luffy in Alabasta. Guess this season isn't going to be good for you lol

like how they turned Kuro into a full on movie horror villain in his episodes.
The problem of the Syrup village arc, is that the setting was a little bland and required a lot of character that were not really needed in the live action.

What we saw in the live action, is how the current Oda would now write the story of Usopp, something much more dynamic and thematic centered.

I don't think big changes are really needed in term of story for Alabasta. But pushing a little bit further the "agent" side could be interesting yes.

There’ll definitely be a Marine B plot with Smoker, Coby and Garp. They have the actors for the last two, they might as well use them.

They might try and set up some Ace/Blackbeard stuff early as well, since the two go to Drum.

Bigger recurring role for Robin as well.

I wonder about Shanks/Mihawk though, and if they’ll try and put them in for at least an episode. Maybe a Warlord meeting for Mihawk to set up Croc, and Shanks tying to the above Blackbeard plot.

That would've been horrible choices and remind people of 4kids.
Why? This live action cant have 40 seasons.
Harry Potter movies cut out a lot,even some pretty cool stuff. They had to!
As Elbaf is something for season 38,on a television level is useless introducing giants now.
The point of Whiskey Peak/Little Garden on a tv show level is more to create the bond between Vivi and the Strawhats. But you could have worked on that introducing her already in Logue Town,why not? The point is to create the Strawhats-Vivi bond,and developing the Baroque Works as villains.