Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters
So is alabasta going to be changed to an Indian themed country too or are they going to still make Egyptian but with no Arab cast
Too much thinking for the left is writers there.
I think chess and kuromarimo are going to be in little garden to finalize wapol as THE villain at the end.
Post automatically merged:

So is alabasta going to be changed to an Indian themed country too or are they going to still make Egyptian but with no Arab cast
Too much thinking for the leftoid writers there.
I think chess and kuromarimo are going to be in little garden to finalize wapol as THE villain at the end.

Too much thinking for the left is writers there.
Post automatically merged:

Too much thinking for the leftoid writers there.
that's not left it's actually racist

Oh no lol.
Whiskey peak is primordial to understand the Barock Works underworkings and the undercover operation of Vivi and Little Garden is what ciments Usopp's will about pride and the reason he holds the line near Arubarna.

Those arcs needs to be in the beginning.
I disagree you can do the same Baroque Works introduction in Little Garden with Mr 3 but better. We learn about billions and millions in beginning of Alabasta too so its not that important. In Little Garden i am saying cut the most like the girl with paint and some of the fight. I dont say dont keep the giants. You can keep it if you are confident that you will make the story that long.

This can also be done with a lighter season. In fact chances are that we will have a drum island that will have more conflict that in the manga. So that's most a good thing.
There shouldnt be a lighter season this early. Think people waited 2 years to see Grandline and they are excited and all they get is Igaram, Mr 3 and Wapol. People would be boring from them and i dont think testing people for Alabasta while the show are going for the bigger audience is weird. Also without Garp subplot we would have gotten Loguetown last season and Alabasta this season. So not much fan of the subplots.

There are things that are fundamental to the comprehension of the story and all those arcs have that.
Not everything though you can shorten or cut arcs and make those important points in another arc. Cutting the whole Whiskey Peak doesnt matter that much because you can meet Baroque Works better in Little Garden.

He knows his characters, if the work of an actor is close, there is no reason he shouldn't have a say. He is the best placed to understand how character should be played.

Also, there was no failure in his choices, so let's trust him with that.
Matt knows the characters just as Oda and he is the one with the vision how they could be adapted into live action. Like writing manga and filming live actions are two different things. Directors and writers knows the characters and they are the ones who is trying to turn the manga to live action. So who is to say that Odas choice will not be bad while he doesnt understand how tv industry works. It seems unprofessional and unnecessary to me.

I disagree you can do the same Baroque Works introduction in Little Garden with Mr 3 but better.
This would completely overlap stories and create complete confusion. Plus, this would simply move what was done in Whiskey Peak to Little Garden and would make the need to create new storylines just to create coherence.

What was done in WP must be told. Displacing this story in Little Garden would be a waste of time and money for absolutely nothing. It would move back the shooting date and that's not really something they can afford.

There shouldnt be a lighter season this early. Think people waited 2 years to see Grandline and they are excited and all they get is Igaram, Mr 3 and Wapol
That's actually a lot mate.

- Giants and the tease of Elbaf
- Wiskey Peak that could create good scenes
- The lore of Roger on Log Town
- Dragon
- Smoker and Tashigi
- A Giant whale
- Chopper and his backstory
- The D lore
- The Crocus lore and Brook
- A tease of Ace
- A tease of Black Beard

In reality, a lot of interesting things in the Alabasta Saga happen before Alabasta. it will only be lighter in the sence that there will not be a conflict as dramatic as Arlong park. But The show runners could actually surprise us on this part.

Also without Garp subplot we would have gotten Loguetown last season and Alabasta this season. So not much fan of the subplots.
Those subplot were needed to create the impression of a coherent season. And they will be needed here as well. It's how TV show works. You can expect to have One Piece 1:1

Matt knows the characters just as Oda
No. I don't think so no. First Oda knows his character better than everyone and second he also know their future.

Like writing manga and filming live actions are two different things.
Not really. Manga are very close the storyboarding support.

In reality, when you draw a manga, you have to take into account pretty much the same thing as when you are filming a movie. In fact, in the case of the mangaka, you will have to go into harder thinking about movement and suggest it even without it being present.

So who is to say that Odas choice will not be bad while he doesnt understand how tv industry works.
He doesn't need to know how the industry work to understand if an actor can reproduce the aura of his characters.

You can take Inaki Godoy as an example. He was the perfect cast and hand picked by Oda.

Oda did not only created and wrote characters, he made them acts, laugh and cry. And they all have different way to act. For example, Robin and Nami will have two very different behavior when talking to Luffy. That's not something only done by the writing, but by the expression and the underlying thematics of the characters. And Oda is the most well placed to know if an actor will be good for the character. It's the job of the director to know then if the actor will be good to act on scene.

Ancient Egypt as a "culture" stopped existing thousands of years ago, but most of their closest descendants (I say closest because like for all ancient people there have been mix of different ethnicities in the meantime) consider themselves to be arabs. It's not that different from westerners relationship with ancient Greece.
Copts definitely don't consider themsleves to be arab.

This would completely overlap stories and create complete confusion. Plus, this would simply move what was done in Whiskey Peak to Little Garden and would make the need to create new storylines just to create coherence.

What was done in WP must be told. Displacing this story in Little Garden would be a waste of time and money for absolutely nothing. It would move back the shooting date and that's not really something they can afford.
Whiskey Peak does nothing to the series other than saying Crocodile is bad and he is at Alabasta. Same could be done with Vivi at the beginning of Little Garden while chatting the strawhats. We get first Crocodile tease at Little Garden too so it makes much more sense moving WP to LG. You can even add Mr 5 and the bomb girl vs nami and Usopp too if you wanna make it bigger. WP adds nothing and this wouldnt confuse anyone.

That's actually a lot mate.

- Giants and the tease of Elbaf
- Wiskey Peak that could create good scenes
- The lore of Roger on Log Town
- Dragon
- Smoker and Tashigi
- A Giant whale
- Chopper and his backstory
- The D lore
- The Crocus lore and Brook
- A tease of Ace
- A tease of Black Beard

In reality, a lot of interesting things in the Alabasta Saga happen before Alabasta. it will only be lighter in the sence that there will not be a conflict as dramatic as Arlong park. But The show runners could actually surprise us on this part.
No actually Laboon and Chopper has a sweet stories but other than that it isnt enough to make an exciting season. BB and Ace wouldnt mean anything to the casual fans who got to the series. We dont get a D lore we only learn about Roger is a D we only get teased about D. Other than that GL doesnt have much interesting things other than the giants.

First season ended with an exciting battle against Arlong and it should have been the same with Alabasta too. Look at the villains we have Mr 3 and Wapol as the main villain of the season. It isnt enough they should have gotten around to get the Alabasta even if it means cutting some plotlines.

Those subplot were needed to create the impression of a coherent season. And they will be needed here as well. It's how TV show works. You can expect to have One Piece 1:1
I am not against those subplots but i am against not cutting content for Alabasta you have 2 years to make a season. We dont know how much of the viewers will return for another season or if you ever gonna make one. Cutting stuff isnt a terrible thing they just need to make story more focused.

Not really. Manga are very close the storyboarding support.

In reality, when you draw a manga, you have to take into account pretty much the same thing as when you are filming a movie. In fact, in the case of the mangaka, you will have to go into harder thinking about movement and suggest it even without it being present.
Storyboarding and manga are close not the same and like i said Tv production and manga are different. This isnt anime its a tv series completely different projects and needs completely different script.

He doesn't need to know how the industry work to understand if an actor can reproduce the aura of his characters.

You can take Inaki Godoy as an example. He was the perfect cast and hand picked by Oda.

Oda did not only created and wrote characters, he made them acts, laugh and cry. And they all have different way to act. For example, Robin and Nami will have two very different behavior when talking to Luffy. That's not something only done by the writing, but by the expression and the underlying thematics of the characters. And Oda is the most well placed to know if an actor will be good for the character. It's the job of the director to know then if the actor will be good to act on scene.
He created and thats it. Manga Luffy and Tv Luffy are different characters. You cant keep the characters the exact same when going to live action. And thats where Oda needs to draw the line. I am not saying he shouldnt involved like if there is a bad for the story he can ask them to cut out but thats it. They shouldnt choose the characters because Oda feels like it fits. They should choose because it seems more like directors vision to the adaptation of the character.

Holy moly this is a long writing. Logiko i dont love when i argue with you i need to write an article.