Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters
From what I've heard, Vivi's actress is actually pretty talented.

Sister is also hot as shit.

I understand being a bit dissatisfied since they didn't cast an Arab/North African actress but honestly who cares that much?

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Not my point the guy said they should've remove little garden because elbaf wouldn't matter for many seasons in the future and there's no way the live action will get elbaf but from adding barto it show they don't care if this character will only really matter in like several seasons and don't care if they don't get to that arc ,they will have part show any way.
Ah I see your point now. I agree that it doesn't matter if we'll get the later arcs adapted, they should still put these nuggets in here.

Whiskey Peak does nothing to the series other than saying Crocodile is bad and he is at Alabasta.
Wrong.

- It introduced different members of barock work
- It introduce the inner workings of the higher ranks
- It introduce Vivi as a princess and not simply as agent
- It shows why some people are willing to give their lives for Vivi
- It shows that some agent must be taken seriously especially the higher ranked ones
- It tease Crocodile
- It tease Alabasta
- It shows why Zoro is an actual monster (strenght wise)
- It shows that Pirates are not supposed to be welcomed correctly in the Grand Line
- It introduce Robin and show that we should not underestimate her

All those things can't be done on Drum or Little Garden. The point of having multiple arc is to install Vivi as a potential strawhat. Reducing the time would be completely stupid as it would lessen the impact of the good byes at the end of Alabasta and it would need LARGE rewriting that would be completely unecessary and expensive.

So no. Skipping arc is NOT a good idea.

No actually Laboon and Chopper has a sweet stories but other than that it isnt enough to make an exciting season.
It is.

But it will need a little push of conflict at this end. That's all.

We dont get a D lore we only learn about Roger is a D we only get teased about D.
That's D lore.

Other than that GL doesnt have much interesting things other than the giants.
You don't see it because you are used to it. But everything after Grand Line until Alabasta is very surprising. THe giant themselves is a crazy thing to do. And there story is amazing as well. Do not underestimate pre-Alabasta.

First season ended with an exciting battle against Arlong and it should have been the same with Alabasta too.
Yes ideally. But it can't be done without completely butchering the story this time. Skipping arc is OUT OF THE QUESTION. It's not even a debate. Any One Piece fan should know the importance of each arcs, even the small and insignificant ones.

They are ALL important.

You can cut inside the arc, but not the arc themselve. And since setting n One Piece are also creating situation, it's quasi impossible to do without.

It isnt enough they should have gotten around to get the Alabasta even if it means cutting some plotlines.
It seems like it's not possible, at least not for what they want to do. And I can understand them. if they want to keep the falvor of One Piece, 8 episode, while possible, is too short. It would requiere to skip things that are very important.

I am not against those subplots but i am against not cutting content for Alabasta you have 2 years to make a season. We dont know how much of the viewers will return for another season or if you ever gonna make one. Cutting stuff isnt a terrible thing they just need to make story more focused.
There is a difference between cutting and butchering. Cutting entire arcs would be an act of butchering.

Storyboarding and manga are close not the same and like i said Tv production and manga are different. This isnt anime its a tv series completely different projects and needs completely different script.
Different scripts yes, different support, yes. But similar creative process and similar creative minds. Again. If we are talking about characterization, Oda knows best.

He created and thats it. Manga Luffy and Tv Luffy are different characters.
Yes, in the details. Not in the big shapes.

You cant keep the characters the exact same when going to live action.
There is a difference between knowing if an actor will respect the character and wanting to keep the character the same. Oda knows his characters perfectly. He is therefore well placed to understand if the game of an actor is respectfull enough EVEN if it's different. Again. Just look at the current strawhat and tell me that they were badly casted.

And thats where Oda needs to draw the line.
There is no reason to. It's not only Oda's descision, it's also the descision of the casting director. Oda is here to say what he likes. The rest is done by others based on what he said.

If something doesn't work, they will know it and rectify it, don't worry.

Wrong.

- It introduced different members of barock work
- It introduce the inner workings of the higher ranks
- It introduce Vivi as a princess and not simply as agent
- It shows why some people are willing to give their lives for Vivi
- It shows that some agent must be taken seriously especially the higher ranked ones
- It tease Crocodile
- It tease Alabasta
- It shows why Zoro is an actual monster (strenght wise)
- It shows that Pirates are not supposed to be welcomed correctly in the Grand Line
- It introduce Robin and show that we should not underestimate her

All those things can't be done on Drum or Little Garden. The point of having multiple arc is to install Vivi as a potential strawhat. Reducing the time would be completely stupid as it would lessen the impact of the good byes at the end of Alabasta and it would need LARGE rewriting that would be completely unecessary and expensive.

So no. Skipping arc is NOT a good idea.

It is.

But it will need a little push of conflict at this end. That's all.

That's D lore.

You don't see it because you are used to it. But everything after Grand Line until Alabasta is very surprising. THe giant themselves is a crazy thing to do. And there story is amazing as well. Do not underestimate pre-Alabasta.

Yes ideally. But it can't be done without completely butchering the story this time. Skipping arc is OUT OF THE QUESTION. It's not even a debate. Any One Piece fan should know the importance of each arcs, even the small and insignificant ones.

They are ALL important.

You can cut inside the arc, but not the arc themselve. And since setting n One Piece are also creating situation, it's quasi impossible to do without.

It seems like it's not possible, at least not for what they want to do. And I can understand them. if they want to keep the falvor of One Piece, 8 episode, while possible, is too short. It would requiere to skip things that are very important.

There is a difference between cutting and butchering. Cutting entire arcs would be an act of butchering.

Different scripts yes, different support, yes. But similar creative process and similar creative minds. Again. If we are talking about characterization, Oda knows best.

Yes, in the details. Not in the big shapes.

There is a difference between knowing if an actor will respect the character and wanting to keep the character the same. Oda knows his characters perfectly. He is therefore well placed to understand if the game of an actor is respectfull enough EVEN if it's different. Again. Just look at the current strawhat and tell me that they were badly casted.

There is no reason to. It's not only Oda's descision, it's also the descision of the casting director. Oda is here to say what he likes. The rest is done by others based on what he said.

If something doesn't work, they will know it and rectify it, don't worry.
Lets agree to disagree. I dont want to write in big paragraphs just gonna say i think you are overestimating some arcs importance and i think its fine to chop them for better pacing. I dont think Oda should choose the characters when he doesnt know anything about tv. And how an adaptation is made.

Lets agree to disagree. I dont want to write in big paragraphs just gonna say i think you are overestimating some arcs importance and i think its fine to chop them for better pacing. I dont think Oda should choose the characters when he doesnt know anything about tv. And how an adaptation is made.
As you wish