Questions & Mysteries Why oda made them this dumb?

Tatsumaki hit king and dragon damnation speed blitz king while he was mid air. King staying in the air wouldn't have changed the outcome. He didn't have faith in his durability anymore and wanted speed that not dumb. He started blocking and stopped ta king attacks then tried to keep distance and end the fight with his strongest attack. All that points to king didn't think he durability would keep saving him. What is dumb about what king did. It wasn't like he just decided to turn his flames off for no reason. He did it to gain speed and distance from zoro.

I mention kaido who was luffy opponent yet you didn't address him.
Alber literally said he can sword fight too if he wanted then he decided to come close and fight Zolo, later thats when Zolo understood Alber's weakness while fighting in close distance.

Later Zolo's bird dance cuts Alber in close distance, before that he cut Alber inside the building close distance as well not from long distance.

Zolo couldn't figure that out if Alber didn't try to use his speed in close distance.

Queen didn't take Sanji seriously. And until his PU he didn't need to.

King didn't just put off his flame for Yolo. We don't know all the mechanics of lunarian abilities but to me it seemed like he drew on the 'energy' of his flame to launch a full blown all out attack.

Kaido's only fault was to fight against gravity. He had enough speed to at least go up there and face Nika's attack evenly. But:

"Let's have the 3ton mountain sized fist accelerate with 9,81m/s^2 for 200 meters first before we clash"

seemed a better idea for him for whatever reason.

Alber literally said he can sword fight too if he wanted then he decided to come close and fight Zolo, later thats when Zolo understood Alber's weakness while fighting in close distance.

Later Zolo's bird dance cuts Alber in close distance, before that he cut Alber inside the building close distance as well not from long distance.

Zolo couldn't figure that out if Alber didn't try to use his speed in close distance.
Yet again him being in the air wouldn't have changed the outcome of the fight. What would have happened if king stayed in the air? King wasn't dumb because he came down to fight zoro as he was overpowering zoro in cqc till he got koh. Him being in the air wouldn't have done anything to zoro as zoro could block and dodge his aerial attacks and they'd only get less effective the more zoro got used to the aerial attacks. And king wasn't dumb for turning his flames off because he no longer thought his durability would protect him. So where is king being dumb?

You are trying to make this a zoro v sanji thing for no reason and your points are dumb. Queen was genuinely dumb for giving himself away because of a woman and blowing himself up when he had sanji trapped in a death grip that was crushing him. Those are dumb and played into why he lost. You are just trying to force it like since it happen to Sanji’s opponent it must have happened to Zoro's but you have no back up for this train of thought. I mention kaido to why are you so focused on king? King nor kaido were dumb in thier fights. The only dumb thing kaido did was he didn't take luffys head to show to the alliance like he said he would do when he knocked luffy off the island. That's the only dumb thing kaido did and even then everyone that could sense luffy thought he was dead because he did die so kaido wasn't even 100% dumb there.

Yet again him being in the air wouldn't have changed the outcome of the fight. What would have happened if king stayed in the air? King wasn't dumb because he came down to fight zoro as he was overpowering zoro in cqc till he got koh. Him being in the air wouldn't have done anything to zoro as zoro could block and dodge his aerial attacks and they'd only get less effective the more zoro got used to the aerial attacks. And king wasn't dumb for turning his flames off because he no longer thought his durability would protect him. So where is king being dumb?

You are trying to make this a zoro v sanji thing for no reason and your points are dumb. Queen was genuinely dumb for giving himself away because of a woman and blowing himself up when he had sanji trapped in a death grip that was crushing him. Those are dumb and played into why he lost. You are just trying to force it like since it happen to Sanji’s opponent it must have happened to Zoro's but you have no back up for this train of thought. I mention kaido to why are you so focused on king? King nor kaido were dumb in thier fights. The only dumb thing kaido did was he didn't take luffys head to show to the alliance like he said he would do when he knocked luffy off the island. That's the only dumb thing kaido did and even then everyone that could sense luffy thought he was dead because he did die so kaido wasn't even 100% dumb there.
I told you what would happen, Zolo himself said he would tire himself out eventually if Alber kept fighting him from long distance.

And admits he couldn't block Alber's laser like attack:

Zolo couldn't figure out Alber's weakness if Alber kept fighting him from sky.

I told you what would happen, Zolo himself said he would tire himself out eventually if Alber kept fighting him from long distance.

And admits he couldn't block Alber's laser like attack:

Zolo couldn't figure out Alber's weakness if Alber kept fighting him from sky.
He said he'd just be wearing himself out because he's just running and dodging king not doing anything to him. King isn't doing anything to zoro either from the air. King would get tired to unless you think he has infinite stamina to keep launching attacks. King wouldn't do anything to beat zoro from the air. What damage did king ever even do to zoro from aerial attacks? Yet again what would have changed if king stayed in the air? How is he dumb for coming down and fighting where he wasn't losing and actually was hitting zoro as opposed to in the air?

If king fought zoro from the air like I said the very panels you just posted he wouldn't land anything. Zoro could block or dodge everything king ever did from the air and it'd only get less effective once zoro got used to kings attack patterns. There nothing saying staying in the air was smart. It just kept king a safe distance from zoro but he couldn't end the fight from the air. For the last time at the end of the fight king retreated to the air and was still beaten. What is making you believe king is dumb for coming down from the air or that it would have changed the outcome? Show why it's dumb otherwise it isn't. It's like you are arguing like king wanted a stalemate as his goal when he wanted to beat zoro.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
I think one of the reasons everyone loves Marineford so much is that characters actually took shit seriously. Sure, there were Buggy gags, but, it's Buggy.

Serious Luffy is a REALLY COOL AND FUN character, and that's why so many people just detest Gear 5, IMO: they view it as the death of Serious Luffy. I think we'll see Oda play with that concept, though; Gear 5 has a dark side we haven't seen yet. Oda teased it a bit with this (GOATED) panel:

Luffy looks more demonic than Saturn here, IMO, and I LOVE it.

Saturn has an angry eye, Luffy's eyes are "I love snorting sand from the sandbox energy" energy.

Gear 5 is fucking scary.

He said he'd just be wearing himself out because he's just running and dodging king not doing anything to him. King isn't doing anything to zoro either from the air. King would get tired to unless you think he has infinite stamina to keep launching attacks. King wouldn't do anything to beat zoro from the air. What damage did king ever even do to zoro from aerial attacks? Yet again what would have changed if king stayed in the air? How is he dumb for coming down and fighting where he wasn't losing and actually was hitting zoro as opposed to in the air?

If king fought zoro from the air like I said the very panels you just posted he wouldn't land anything. Zoro could block or dodge everything king ever did from the air and it'd only get less effective once zoro got used to kings attack patterns. There nothing saying staying in the air was smart. It just kept king a safe distance from zoro but he couldn't end the fight from the air. For the last time at the end of the fight king retreated to the air and was still beaten. What is making you believe king is dumb for coming down from the air or that it would have changed the outcome? Show why it's dumb otherwise it isn't. It's like you are arguing like king wanted a stalemate as his goal when he wanted to beat zoro.
His laser like attack made Zolo scream in pain and you say he wasn't doing anything? :luffylaugh:

Alber wasn't panting here, Zolo was:

That's just Kaido's style/nature. Why would he run away from an attack? Doflamingo challenging KKG was stupid af and way out of character for example but not Kaido.
King was clearly implied to have been scared/wary of Zoro's attacks in flame on mode. So he thought keeping distance with speed and ranged attacks was his best bet.
Queen was in character as well. The man is really careless and not a natural fighter even though he is crazy strong for someone that isn't one.

That's just Kaido's style/nature. Why would he run away from an attack? Doflamingo challenging KKG was stupid af and way out of character for example but not Kaido.
King was clearly implied to have been scared/wary of Zoro's attacks in flame on mode. So he thought keeping distance with speed and ranged attacks was his best bet.
Queen was in character as well. The man is really careless and not a natural fighter even though he is crazy strong for someone that isn't one.
What was doffy was doffing supposed to do?they were in the bird cage anyway and he couldn’t keep up with luffys speed

nah it wasn't out of character. Doffy lost his shit because Luffy was above looking down on him, he even mentions that.

His arrogance and belief that he's above others was his downfall. It was well written
Fair enough
Post automatically merged:

I mean with setting up this cage he already made his decision to stay in this place and fight til the end
Dodging an attack and running away from a fight are two completely different things.

Roo made an argument for it being in character eitherway

Queen was absolutely dumb.

Kaido is in character. He wanted to fight luffy head on and did so, my man had absolute confidence in his ability to win but alas luffy is just that nika.

I still do not get why people call king dumb in 2024. King vs zoro and the seraphim vs Luffy,Zoro,lucci,kaku confirm that ryou with cutting attacks nor internal destruction attacks are not enough to make the flame go out. Luffy in turn calls them like kaido.

The one KEY moment that king chooses to turn off his flame is the same moment zoro calls him out for blocking when zoro had the understanding that he was not suppose to be able to hurt flame on king.

Notice that oda has zoro with his understanding of kings abilities with his flame on not even using king of hell here no trails of coc haki no trails of smoke on his blades zoro is just using ryou here. Zoro himself thinks it is a worthless effort to attack king with the flame on. Until Zoro say OHHHHH and notices that king is blocking his attacks with the flame on and calls him out. Why bother block my attacks? I thought they did nothing to you!!! (IN FLAME ON) Unless your're SCARED of what i can do. King then is shown with a scared face to which he turns his flame off and retreats to the air and attacks from range.

How is king dumb when the adult lunarian knows the limits of his flame on mode? He felt the need to turn it off and retreat to the air, because he felt that zoro using KOH was now a threat to him even with his flame on. Koh Scared king so much he started blocking in his practically invincible form and even turned it off and retreated into the air. There is nothing dumb about it he is smart as hell for creating distance from zoro and attacking from range.

Garbage excuse
It's not an excuse, I literally gave you instances prior to their fights where they depict the same pattern. Kaido refused to dodge before and queen got distracted before
The only one that to this day is a retarded hack job is King, like anything else involving his powers
Queen is canonically an idiot

King is PIS until it’s explained why tf would he even do that

Kaido is canonically a sandbag
Exactly

Last edited:
His laser like attack made Zolo scream in pain and you say he wasn't doing anything? :luffylaugh:

Alber wasn't panting here, Zolo was:
1. What would have changed if king stayed in the sky just answer. Does king win now? What is the end game of you believing king staying in the air was better than king going to the ground?

2. Zoro beat king when he ran to the sky for his last attack so why do you keep thinking it'd change how the fight ended?

3. He didn't do much to zoro. He did nothing to zoro and huff doesn't mean anything. Plenty of characters huff even at the very start of fights it doesn't mean they are near defeat. King went on to pressure zoro even more on the ground than in the sky yet zoro wasn't defeated from stamina. Zoro said he'd wear himself out because he was just running and dodging not doing anything to king. What don't you understand about that. King doesn't have infinite stamina so he'd get tired just flying and attacking. On top of that ignoring zoro can adapt to king just attacking from the sky making the attacks even more useless. You act like king just could dominate zoro from the sky when he didn't and it'd just be a stalemate until zoro unlocked koh.

1. What would have changed if king stayed in the sky just answer. Does king win now? What is the end game of you believing king staying in the air was better than king going to the ground?

2. Zoro beat king when he ran to the sky for his last attack so why do you keep thinking it'd change how the fight ended?

3. He didn't do much to zoro. He did nothing to zoro and huff doesn't mean anything. Plenty of characters huff even at the very start of fights it doesn't mean they are near defeat. King went on to pressure zoro even more on the ground than in the sky yet zoro wasn't defeated from stamina. Zoro said he'd wear himself out because he was just running and dodging not doing anything to king. What don't you understand about that. King doesn't have infinite stamina so he'd get tired just flying and attacking. On top of that ignoring zoro can adapt to king just attacking from the sky making the attacks even more useless. You act like king just could dominate zoro from the sky when he didn't and it'd just be a stalemate until zoro unlocked koh.
I already told you but as a ZKKfan you simply can't read and repeat the same debunked things:

Instead of fighting from sky with flame on mode, he decided to be dumb and fight in close distance with flame off mode.

I already told you but as a ZKKfan you simply can't read and repeat the same debunked things:

Instead of fighting from sky with flame on mode, he decided to be dumb and fight in close distance with flame off mode.
1. How does the fight change? Zoro not knowing kings weakness wouldn't stop him from using his strongest attacks at the end of the fight. What changes from the fight? Zoro unlocked koh from understanding enma something that he'd do again even if king stayed in the air. So what changes except that King and zoro rarely hit each other till the end of the fight.

2. How is it dumb? King did better coming down than staying in the sky. He was beating zoro for most of the time he was on the ground so why is him coming down dumb? He barely hit zoro from the sky and at no point shown he could be zoro from there do why is it dumb to fight zoro on the ground?

3. You can't warp the character to fit what you want. King wasn't trying to stalemate zoro he wanted to show he was clearly above him. How is it in kings characters to run from zoro at the start of there fight? How is it smart to stay in the air when none of your attacks are that effective.

4. Why are you so obsessed with zoro? I mention kaido yet you keep acting like I'm only talking about zoro and king? Queen was the only 1 of the 3 that did something dumb that actually hurt him. If queen didn't blow himself up he would have crushed sanji to death. If he did give is location away sanji would have struggled to find him and he could have given himself a out to win against sanji. King coming from the sky didn't hurt him and he did drastically better on the ground than in the sky. Kaido thought he win his clash with luffy and doesn't run from fights. Neither King or kaido did something dumb only queen did.