Kid is a piece of shit but this scene still feels forced nonetheless, especially when 3 chapters before Killer told Kid each of the pirate crew working for Shanks were known and feared :

Then all of sudden they became a bunch of weaklings Kid was preying on when it was the time to make Shanks look good.
Tbh I think Shanks also has normal crews with him, read the bottom of this page

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Genuinely after this, the idea that shanks is secretly a villain who’s going to try and stop Luffy from becoming PK no longer made any sense lmao
Luffy is fighting Shanks.
Shanks doesn't need to be a villain for it.
Luffy made a promise to Shanks that he would gather a crew that wouldn't lose to Shanks', and he would claim the One Piece.
Shanks declared he's going after the One Piece.

Think Joey Wheeler vs Yugi duel. They aren't enemies, but they had to clash against each other with everything they got for their own goals.

It's not rocket science.

Teach still killing Shanks, though.

Genuinely after this, the idea that shanks is secretly a villain who’s going to try and stop Luffy from becoming PK no longer made any sense lmao
Or he just has his own set of morals and goals for One Piece lol. Antagonism doesnt mean villainy. Shanks is an obvious harbinger of peace, and he's also extremely violent on the flipside of that when he deals with shit.

We dont know what he wants. And the fact that Oda doesnt blatantly say what he wants tells you that he's not really on Luffy's side wholesale.

Luffy is fighting Shanks.
Shanks doesn't need to be a villain for it.
Luffy made a promise to Shanks that he would gather a crew that wouldn't lose to Shanks', and he would claim the One Piece.
Shanks declared he's going after the One Piece.

Think Joey Wheeler vs Yugi duel. They aren't enemies, but they had to clash against each other with everything they got for their own goals.

It's not rocket science.

Teach still killing Shanks, though.
The difference is Joey never sacrificed himself for Yugi, Shanks’ dream seemingly relies on Luffy as he said he made a bet on Luffy since chapter 1. So fighting against his own bet wouldn’t make much sense to me at all.

Or he just has his own set of morals and goals for One Piece lol. Antagonism doesnt mean villainy. Shanks is an obvious harbinger of peace, and he's also extremely violent on the flipside of that when he deals with shit.

We dont know what he wants. And the fact that Oda doesnt blatantly say what he wants tells you that he's not really on Luffy's side wholesale.
We know that whatever he wants relies on Luffy to make it happen, that’s why he made the bet on Luffy when he was a child.

He’s fully on Luffys side, he has never shown any signs of antagonism for Luffy, rather he’s shown joy and pride in his bet paying off.

Sumo wrestler zoro can certain one armed replicate this :hope:
This, even tho it's only filler, proves swordsmen are superior fighters than others. Zoro could just punch the shit out of people with adv CoC or adv CoA. But no.
Sophisticated as bro is, he uses 3 (!) stubborn pieces of metal and channels his haki through them. It's like the enemies don't deserve his touch :kayneshrug:

The difference is Joey never sacrificed himself for Yugi, Shanks’ dream seemingly relies on Luffy as he said he made a bet on Luffy since chapter 1. So fighting against his own bet wouldn’t make much sense to me at all.
He is betting on Luffy making it to the end with him. Whether thats:

- To test him
- To use him for good reasons (i.e. benefit Luffy)
- To use him for his own reasons (benefit himself but still achieve good results)
- Pure Evil bullshit

It doesnt mean that Shanks doesnt want to fight Luffy. He clearly wants to fight Luffy lol, and vice versa. You can get that blatantly from the art.

I use my PFP as a constant reminder of this. Characters do not have to hate each other to fight each other. Look at Whitebeard and Roger.

We know that whatever he wants relies on Luffy to make it happen, that’s why he made the bet on Luffy when he was a child.

He’s fully on Luffys side, he has never shown any signs of antagonism for Luffy, rather he’s shown joy and pride in his bet paying off.
Okay bro suit yourself:kayneshrug:

Lets come up with excuses for this then:

But sure lets keep ignoring this lol