Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean...

This was in the previous arc:

And the arc ended with one of these guys exploding and turning into nothing but a Skeleton.

It makes sense for Elbaf to be the arc where Oda goes, "Yeah, Magic is real in the World of One Piece."

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Witch Robin

ROBIN HAS SUCH WITCH ENERGY LET'S GET IT
Always has been kind of. Explains a lot about Jango and Lafitte's hypnosis, or Miss Golden Week's color powers, or Shyarly's prophecies, or Hawkins' card magic. Hawkins had a cat on his crew named Faust whose job was "Magician". Brook accesses the underworld through his devil fruit but the existence of the underworld as a freezing supernatural hell dimension is real. Big Mom can manip souls with hers but souls exist without the df.
Post automatically merged:

That's cause when we get side characters, Oda focuses on actual plot like last chapter Revos starving the CDs and BBs plotting.
When we focus on main characters, we get crew fighting random cat.
i thought this was the pre timeskip crew dynamic everyone said they wanted

Van Auger is by far the weakest BB pirate. He will never even be on Cracker biscuit level. Anime fucked up so bad 😭😭
Van Augur puts Cracker's biscuits in his milk in the morning bro.
A sniper doesn't have to be strong in order to kill you. All he needs is some penetrating power and good reflexes; case and point- Yasopp.

And good observation haki as well.

The page opens with a panel of Sanji and Zoro talking to each other & Franky about how it's important they move fast because the enemy still doesn't know they're on Onigashima. The next panel is Usopp noticing guards that Sanji and Zoro have not noticed yet. He WAS looking through his binoculars, but when he notices the guards he's glancing to the side without them. He's noticing them with his observation haki. The next two panels are the guards like a mile away or whatever drinking booze. They're sitting behind cover and barely notice the existence of ships on the horizon. The next panels, Usopp has already headshot every guard with sleep ammo and knocked them out. The other straw hats say "I thought I saw people there!!" after it would have been too late, but Usopp just blows them off and doesn't even claim credit, saying "Looks like they're asleep! No problem!!" It was VERY casual so I guess that's why no one noticed.

The important thing here is: "No Observation Haki Feats" Usopp noticed, identified, and took out a bunch of guards before Sanji or Zoro even realized there were guards with line of sight on the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.