Speculations The Marines, Chinese Zodiac Signs.

Any Marine Fans here that kept track of the zodiac signs? I couldn't find a fully updated list, so it seems like this has never been completed, yet.

I just remembered that this was a thing a while ago. I believe the

- Goat
- Snake
- Rat

were the only animals left open. Since this Year is the Year of the Dragon, I already counted the Dragon out, because we learnt that Monkey d. Dragon was a former Marine.

Is Oda going to introduce other Marines that we never heard of, soon.

Will any of the current Marines earn one of the titles?

We don't have many chapters left for this Year, and 2025 draws closer, which is going to be the Year of the Snake. Another missing sign.

Is 2025 going to be White Snake Smokers Year?

:ace:

• Golden Goat - Sengoku
  • White Snake - Smoker ,(Because snake constrict enemy to death , Maybe Smoker can do something similar)
  • Pink Rat - Coby lol
  • Some color "Doragon" - Dora-Gon.
:finally:
Golden Goat Sengoku sounds awesome, I just wonder if Gold & silver count as colors in here.

:steef:

Coby as the Rat, can't do him like that.

:kobeha:

Well:

Pink already taken I am afraid.

Oh, thanks, that's a better overview about the characters. Interesting.

Trying to guess these last ones, is harder than I thought.

But I like that Smoker is generally depicted as " the white snake" seems like that one is going to hold for a while.

:hope:

Oh, thanks, that's a better overview about the characters. Interesting.

Trying to guess these last ones, is harder than I thought.

But I like that Smoker is generally depicted as " the white snake" seems like that one is going to hold for a while.

:hope:
Smoker (if Oda stops clowning him, finally) is a good bet. Koby could be, but could also follow a completely different "path", like Sengoku (?) and Garp. He already has a nickname, even if not that unique, so idk if oda wants to give him a second.

On the other hand, Sengoku maybe it's the goat and maybe not; same with Dragon, even if it's even less probable.

idk, other than Smoker it's all very speculative.

Rob Lucci could be the orange one given his DF and that he already has a type of justice (dark justice). Obviously it wouldn't be so hype to introduce as an admiral someone who was already beat by half the crew on multiple occasions. Maybe Shanks' brother?

Rob Lucci could be the orange one given his DF and that he already has a type of justice (dark justice). Obviously it wouldn't be so hype to introduce as an admiral someone who was already beat by half the crew on multiple occasions. Maybe Shanks' brother?
- Red + Blue = Purple (Fujitora) ,
Absolute + Lazy = Humane Justice (absolute justice for eradication world government laws like Warlord system , I guess he was the only "Admiral" to oppose it properly , and lazy because he would priortize civillians over Fighting. Unwilling to act towards duty of celetial dragon , and protect Civillians)

- Blue + Yellow = Green
Lazy + Unclear = Determined Justice (Aramaki believes that subjugation of others is necessary to maintain order, even if systemic violence and discrimination are necessary to do so)

- Red + Yellow = Orange
Red (Absolute Justice) + Yellow (Unclear Justice) = Orange Justice, it could represent Imperfect Justice. This suggests a blend of strong principles and uncertainty, leading to a justice system that strives for fairness but may be flawed or inconsistent in its application.

Synonyms for Imperfect justice
  • Deficient Justice
  • Inadequate Justice
  • Suboptimal Justice
  • Partial Justice
  • Errant Justice
  • Ambiguous Justice
  • Compromised Justice
  • Blemished Justice
  • Uneven Justice
  • Discrepant Justice

Smoker (if Oda stops clowning him, finally) is a good bet. Koby could be, but could also follow a completely different "path", like Sengoku (?) and Garp. He already has a nickname, even if not that unique, so idk if oda wants to give him a second.

On the other hand, Sengoku maybe it's the goat and maybe not; same with Dragon, even if it's even less probable.

idk, other than Smoker it's all very speculative.
Makes sense for Sengoku to remain "the Buddha" I mean we never heard anything about someone calling him a "goat" with a respective color scheme before. His Goat companion on the other hand.
:sus:

Dragon is also still unconfirmed, that's right. I was just trying to draw a connection to The Year of the Dragon, in which we are still in, and we finally got the confirmation that he was indeed a former Marine.

But if it's someone that we will still meet as an active Marine, it comes down to purely speculation, you're right.

As for the "Rat"

In the Chinese culture, the Rat represents wisdom, wealth and prosperity. Could be Coby's future? Hard to tell. But an interesting topic overall.

Interesting point with "Shanks Brother". Maybe one of the holy knights could fill a Role here, there could be "former marines" among them.

I mean with Kuzan we have at least one "former" Marine on that list already.

Kakiryu — orange dragon — x drake
White Snake — smoker
Black goat — Koby
Took me a minute to realize that drake is literally just another word for Dragon, good one there.

White Snake Smoker - ✅️

Black Goat Koby, hm I like the ring of that as well.

But who is the Rat going to be?

The problem with the new admiral fruit scheme is that Kizaru's successor should get a zoan fruit, which would somehow make it weird if it's not his zodiac animal. Btw Monet has a snow rabbit attack, maybe Pink Rabbit inherited her logia?
There are many mythological Monkeys that Oda could make into a devil fruit, for sure. For example, some people suspect Kong to have one.

:quest:

Also, that Monet thing would be nice. It could finally solve the year-long speculations about Nami eating that devil fruit by accident "because it respawned in her tangerine tree on the sunny", when Monet died. For the longest time, I had nothing against Nami eating a weather related devil fruit, but having Zeus seems to be a good replacement for that.

Took me a minute to realize that drake is literally just another word for Dragon, good one there.

White Snake Smoker - ✅️

Black Goat Koby, hm I like the ring of that as well.

But who is the Rat going to be?

There are many mythological Monkeys that Oda could make into a devil fruit, for sure. For example, some people suspect Kong to have one.

:quest:

Also, that Monet thing would be nice. It could finally solve the year-long speculations about Nami eating that devil fruit by accident "because it respawned in her tangerine tree on the sunny", when Monet died. For the longest time, I had nothing against Nami eating a weather related devil fruit, but having Zeus seems to be a good replacement for that.
Black is already taken by Black Horse. I thought Koby was gonna eat the snow fruit and we'd have Akainu/Sabo and Kuzan/Koby but idk, he seems to be going the Garp path.

Black is already taken by Black Horse. I thought Koby was gonna eat the snow fruit and we'd have Akainu/Sabo and Kuzan/Koby but idk, he seems to be going the Garp path.
Oh, yeah, true. Black color is already taken. koby with the Snow Fruit? That's the first time I read that from someone. While it would certainly look sick, I also believe he will go the non devil fruit Garp path.

While Dragon was a marine we don't know if he got close to admiral during his time there so I like Fuschia Dragon for Koby. Fuschia is a shade of pink. If not Drake will likely get it as for the rest it's hard to say
Admiral Is impossible I think, but VA Is possible.

Akainu and Dragon have the same age (55) and know each other. If we Imagine they enlisted at the same time or kind of, you can see that in 10 years, at Ohara, Sakazuki was VA, but Dragon has left some time before (he had already founded another oganization).

Last edited:
While Dragon was a marine we don't know if he got close to admiral during his time there so I like Fuschia Dragon for Koby. Fuschia is a shade of pink. If not Drake will likely get it as for the rest it's hard to say
Dragon being literally named after a Dragon would be so Oda like. Drake is also a good pick, as for Koby we only would have to need to change the color, since pink is already taken by Gion.

But I am also fine with none of them being named and oda just surprise us