Current Events ELBAF: Last chance to redeem Usopp?

What will happen to Usopp in Elbaf?

• Total voters

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Hustlerversity Graduate
Usopp is everything but a burden and a fodder.

:beckmoji:
Luffy explicitly said he can't and won't become Pirate King without Sanji.

He never said such to Usopp.

While he acknowledge Usopp's friendship, he never did once acknowledge he's necessary to become the Pirate King

Direct comparison. nuff said.

His fodderness is what causing him to be a burden. USOPP acknowledged this back in Water 7.

I do think he has to stop the coward stuff though
He's in Elbaf now, he can't keep acting like a wuss, it's time to grow up
Usopp is everything but a coward. He is scared, a LOT. But NEVER a coward. Even when his body tries to run, he comes back around.

Usopp will never become stoic, that's not his character, but he will learn to be proud of himself. And for that.. there needs to be a bit of a development and it will most likely involve his father.

Remember, we do not "grow up" by becoming stoic, we simply shut down our fears. Stoic people are not necessarily the courageous ones. Usopp is always afraid, but he NEVER lacks the courage to do what is necessary.

If he doesn't need to say it then why he explicitly said it to Sanji
Because Sanji needed to understand his own worth.

Sanji is all about auto-destruction for the sake of other, giving up one self for others and letting the words of others define him. Sanji had to be reminded that he is part of the family now, that he can't give up his life, that he was worthy of living and having a dream.

Hence why to wake Sanji up, Luffy implanted the thought that without him, he would die.

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Hustlerversity Graduate
Usopp is everything but a coward. He is scared, a LOT. But NEVER a coward. Even when his body tries to run, he comes back around.

Usopp will never become stoic, that's not his character, but he will learn to be proud of himself. And for that.. there needs to be a bit of a development and it will most likely involve his father.

Remember, we do not "grow up" by becoming stoic, we simply shut down our fears. Stoic people are not necessarily the courageous ones. Usopp is always afraid, but he NEVER lacks the courage to do what is necessary.

Because Sanji needed to understand his own worth.

Sanji is all about auto-destruction for the sake of other, giving up one self for others and letting the words of others define him. Sanji had to be reminded that he is part of the family now, that he can't give up his life, that he was worthy of living and having a dream.

Hence why to wake Sanji up, Luffy implanted the thought that without him, he would die.
And Usopp wasn't questioning his worth?

And Usopp wasn't questioning his worth?
Usopp is always questionning his worth. But his journey relies on the fact that he needs to evolve on his own. He needs to find the courage in himself.

In my opinion, Usopp is slowed down by a vision of pride that his father left to him. Usopp never had a chance to really live with his father, so he never really knew who he was.. so to cope with the death of his mother, Usopp created a fantasy around his father.

Everyday, Usopp seeks to live up to this fantastic and proud vision he has of his dad, but he is a scaredy cat.. so Usopp is in constant contradiction : "how can I make my father proud when I see him again if I'm always scared ?" > So.. Usopp created a dream, a dream to become a brave and proud warrior of the sea.

But here is the catch. From my point of view, the ENTIRE dream of Usopp stands on the basis of the pride he has for his dad.. and Usopp is about to meet him !

This is why I said that :

This is something I've been waiting for years. Oda prepared all the elements to create a conflictual reunion between Usopp and Yasopp (but also Luffy and Shanks since it stands on the same principle), so I wonder if he will do what I expect him to do here.

And looking at chapter 1126 and the focus on the actions of both protagonists (the two actions being symbolically negative), I think I'm not wrong when I'm saying that Oda is preparing a BIG character development for Usopp (and maybe for Luffy too).

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Hustlerversity Graduate
Usopp is always questionning his worth. But his journey relies on the fact that he needs to evolve on his own. He needs to find the courage in himself.

In my opinion, Usopp is slowed down by a vision of pride that his father left to him. Usopp never had a chance to really live with his father, so he never really knew who he was.. so to cope with the death of his mother, Usopp created a fantasy around his father.

Everyday, Usopp seeks to live up to this fantastic and proud vision he has of his dad, but he is a scaredy cat.. so Usopp is in constant contradiction : "how can I make my father proud when I see him again if I'm always scared ?" > So.. Usopp created a dream, a dream to become a brave and proud warrior of the sea.

But here is the catch. From my point of view, the ENTIRE dream of Usopp stands on the basis of the pride he has for his dad.. and Usopp is about to meet him !

This is why I said that :

This is something I've been waiting for years. Oda prepared all the elements to create a conflictual reunion between Usopp and Yasopp (but also Luffy and Shanks since it stands on the same principle), so I wonder if he will do what I expect him to do here.

And looking at chapter 1126 and the focus on the actions of both protagonists (the two actions being symbolically negative), I think I'm not wrong when I'm saying that Oda is preparing a BIG character development for Usopp (and maybe for Luffy too).
I hope Yasopp isn't all that brave and Usopp idealism of him being this brave warrior is crushed

And recognize his father is a bum who left his sickened mom

It could be argued that not everyone needs to be strong (look at other crews), but his role in the crew is also battle-oriented so it is weird. Also if he doesn't get stronger Oda shouldn't allow him to defeat a badass like Van Augur.

but his role in the crew is also battle-oriented so it is weird.
Usopp is a support. He acts only when he is needed.

Usopp will have a power up (or a great fight) but the real moment where Usopp will shine will probably not arrives through a battle but a character development. Probably an emotional also.

Well we will see, I don't want to plant any big expectations. Just do not expect something epic but rather personnal.

Usopp is a support. He acts only when he is needed.

Usopp will have a power up (or a great fight) but the real moment where Usopp will shine will probably not arrives through a battle but a character development. Probably an emotional also.

Well we will see, I don't want to plant any big expectations. Just do not expect something epic but rather personnal.
You mean the moment where he will shine will arrive through some clown antics like in Dressrosa. Comedy relief is the only think we can expect from Usopp. At least Nami fried an edgehog and has an actual role on the ship. Usopp is basically the Straw Hat version of Buggy on Roger's ship.