Future Events (Evil) Sanji vs Zoro: The longest-awaited face off

Is Evil Sanji vs Zoro happening on Elbaf?

• Total voters
Evil Sanji ain’t happening. Evil Sanji was always dependent on Sanji losing his emotions which clearly is not happening.
I think it’s too early presume that’s been put to bed.

I’m not holding my breath here, but the SHPs having to deal with one of their own losing their way is probably an attractive storyline to Oda.

He’s not really done much in the way the crew dealing with an internal problem.

I think it’s too early presume that’s been put to bed.

I’m not holding my breath here, but the SHPs having to deal with one of their own losing their way is probably an attractive storyline to Oda.

He’s not really done much in the way the crew dealing with an internal problem.
It may be attractive, but it completely undoes a major aspect of Sanjis character and that his fire comes from his passion. If you undo his emotions you’re erasing his passion and I don’t think there’d be much interest in a Sanji without his fire going against the straw hats.

It may be attractive, but it completely undoes a major aspect of Sanjis character and that his fire comes from his passion. If you undo his emotions you’re erasing his passion and I don’t think there’d be much interest in a Sanji without his fire going against the straw hats.
As they say, passion kills.

Besides, it’s Oda so I would expect a happy ending after Luffy steps into to do his job as captain and punches the shit out of Sanji to bring him back to his senses. G5 might just be capable of that.

Curing Sanji could also be a major milestone in Chopper’s development as a doctor. Maybe this would coincide with Law reappearing and helping out. Who knows, Oda is a very good writer.

That’s also why I think he’ll pass on this storyline. He kinda already did something similar with Sanji in WCI so I don’t think he’d do it unless he had something interesting to say with it.

As they say, passion kills.

Besides, it’s Oda so I would expect a happy ending after Luffy steps into to do his job as captain and punching the shit out of Sanji.

Curing Sanji could also be a major milestone in Chopper’s development as a doctor. Maybe this would coincide with Law reappearing and helping out. Who knows, Oda is a very good writer.

That’s also why I think he’ll pass on this storyline. He kinda already did something similar with Sanji in WCI so I don’t think he’d do it unless he had something interesting to say with it.
Imo the evil Sanji storyline ended in Onigashima when Sanji smashed the suit and went out of his way to save a mouse in the midst of fighting Queen.

It showed that Sanji is still there. I believe what triggered Sanjis genetics will become relevant, but I think it’ll be to bring out more of what the power of love is and will be connected to the plot line of bringing Kuma back

Imo the evil Sanji storyline ended in Onigashima when Sanji smashed the suit and went out of his way to save a mouse in the midst of fighting Queen.

It showed that Sanji is still there. I believe what triggered Sanjis genetics will become relevant, but I think it’ll be to bring out more of what the power of love is and will be connected to the plot line of bringing Kuma back
I agree with most of this, but my objection is that Sanji destroyed the Raid Suit before asking Zoro to put him down if he loses himself.

To me, that gives Oda the option of revisiting this request seriously.

You could reasonably say the fact the promise was played for laughs afterwards undercuts its likelihood, but I don’t consider that definitive.

Last edited:
I agree with most of this, but my objection is that Sanji destroyed the Raid Suit before asking Zoro to put him down if he loses himself.

To me, that gives Oda the option of revisiting this request seriously.

You could reasonably say the fact the promise was played for laughs afterwards undercuts its likelihood, but I don’t consider that definitive.
It’s true he destroyed the raid suit before asking Zoro, but that was when he thought he subconsciously kicked a woman. Instead we found out Sanji never did and it was Queen all along.

Even Sanji said he figured it out.

Idk I just don’t see Oda saying this plot line was figured out, just to rehash it again.