General Mafia General Chat

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Thanks for the support, but I don't think there's much of a story to tell

For context this was on an app called HelloTalk, basically a language learning app with facilities to talk with people from all over the world through things like voicerooms and livestreams hosted in different languages that anyone can technically join (generally speaking).
Though in these rooms there's a limited number of spaces for the "stage" which the host decide who comes up, the rest are in the audience and can "raise their hand" to notify the host they want to come up and speak - though they can write in the chat.
Some rooms are focused on studying, and others are just hangouts for people to chat and chill, all depending on what you want to do.

So this person in question I've frequented their voiceroom in the past, and shared many a laughs, including the last time I spoke
However when I joined today at first I thought maybe they just weren't looking at their phone and that's why they didn't say hello or anything when I had joined and greeted them, so I didn't think too much of it. That was until someone else joined in the room, and they adressed them immideately and was so happy to see them etc.

So I asked, "Wait are you actually just ignoring me?"

To which, surprise, they didn't adress at all.

Said everything I needed to know, I sent them a message privately stating I have no idea what warranted that treatment, and it wasn't a
fun experience. But that I'll leave them be since that seems to be their wish

Haven't gotten any sort of response, so I'm just confused and sitting with a bad feeling as I have no idea why they just decided to pretend I didn't exist

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning

For context this was on an app called HelloTalk, basically a language learning app with facilities to talk with people from all over the world through things like voicerooms and livestreams hosted in different languages that anyone can technically join (generally speaking).
Though in these rooms there's a limited number of spaces for the "stage" which the host decide who comes up, the rest are in the audience and can "raise their hand" to notify the host they want to come up and speak - though they can write in the chat.
Some rooms are focused on studying, and others are just hangouts for people to chat and chill, all depending on what you want to do.

So this person in question I've frequented their voiceroom in the past, and shared many a laughs, including the last time I spoke
However when I joined today at first I thought maybe they just weren't looking at their phone and that's why they didn't say hello or anything when I had joined and greeted them, so I didn't think too much of it. That was until someone else joined in the room, and they adressed them immideately and was so happy to see them etc.

Said everything I needed to know, I sent them a message privately stating I have no idea what warranted that treatment, and it wasn't a

Haven't gotten any sort of response, so I'm just confused and sitting with a bad feeling as I have no idea why they just decided to pretend I didn't exist
Shitty people are shitty.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰

Weird people. Better off without them

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Another story from me.

So the one in my avy is Sistine Fibel from Akashic Records yes?

So I have another pic of her as my wallpaper in my PC back at work and a colleague of mine calls her Mrs. Piggie because of her cloth folded cat ears near her headband lmao

Rej

Tripple Hoyo Player

ghosting became a trend...it's something we old people don't have to understand

Rej

Tripple Hoyo Player
It seems I do not possess the ability to hack the matrix into making people come back from their hiatus in unison with me
If it were that easy we would have games filling up easy. I remember a year ago my Hell's Paradise game took for ever to fill and it fucked up all my rl life schedule. One of the reasons I retired.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Bruh I feel dumb AF, I was trying to look for a song I listened to the other day that came on in a auto generated playlist and I couldn't find it again...

Turns out, I liked it and so I could've just gone in my likes and it would've saved me so much sorrow..

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
MFW I'm constantly having a inner discussion about my submissions for the next weeb game - despite the current somber atmosphere looming in the air

Though having thought about that latter part, I think the root cause is most likely the lack of new people engaging with the section.
I don't believe the way things are right now that this section will be sustainable for much longer. What I can see is that it is a feedback loop where if one player feels demotivated, their overall engagement and investment of the game will diminish, which will impact the others playing, and because one player checks out the rest will feel disappointment with the withdrawal - and so on and so forth.
And well, this is problematic since the rooster of active players have remained quite static for a while, and when one goes and nobody new comes to fill the gap - eventually you'll run out of people to play with.

However I think with a little bit of effort from the community, we can breathe some much needed new life into the section and grow stronger, better and healthier.
While my presence on the forum outside of the mafia section is minimal, I think the section needs some advertising and exposure to the larger community. I'm not suggesting anything forceful or excessive, but more small things like having a signature that openly welcomes everyone to check out the section and try playing a game with the community - and hopefully spread awareness and interest to the larger community.

I would most likely never gotten into forum mafia if I wasn't introduced and invited in by my friend on OJ, as it largely didn't enter my radar and didn't really know what it was so I didn't really engage with it. And I believe prior the only exposure to mafia I had was having played werewolf a handful times in real life as a team building activity. Which is to say, next to none.
I had a good time with the werewolf games I played, so it wasn't that hard to convince me to give it a shot though, especially when I understood that mafia was basically just a variation of Werewolf.
Now, truth be told, my first ever game I played on OJ was not just any ordinary game, it was a Monster Mafia game. This being an annual event like what Weebs is to us, but where instead of submitting what roles you want the host to put in the game - the gimmick was for you, the player, to create your own role that you submitted to the host for approval and balancing. (Yes I tried to host such a game here, but due to my inexperience as a host, had varying degrees of success)
Though at the time it was a bit more limited and restricted in what you could submit, it would be more themed and you could only make a role that was from a list of Franchises listed by the host you could freely pick from. (usually things like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and a few other)

It was love at first sight, even though I only had the most bare bones understanding of the game mechanics (like lynching, faction kills, and some other unique roles), I tried to make a role that I believed had a simple yet thoughtful gameplan which I believed had a very high chance of useful.

I picked the most obscure naruto character I could think of, and so "The Rower" was my first ever role and has a special place in my heart

And also I remember people like @AL sama (IIRC) having a signature like I mentioned previously, and even if he wasn't ultimately who got me into Mafia; it was always something that I took notice of and created some intrigue about it and not to mention awareness of the section.
I think it helped to set the tone that this was a fun and engaging way to interact with the community, making it easier for people to show interest about the game and perhaps wants to check out what this mafia thing is all about

Anyway, that's what I think

Last edited: