Where is Varys’s Manhood?

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Oh oh, I like this match:steef:

I'll preface that my answer is Criston.

First, the Mountain. An almost 8 foot titan, likely the strongest human warrior that we know of, Jaime singles out his strenght as inhumane. He's also more agile than one would expect for someone of that size. And he's not some unskilled knight, far from hit. Bronn, whose ability is praised throughout the series and that would often be willing to fight under Tyrion's request, backs out from facing the Mountain without second thoughts, saying that one misstep would mean death. Gregor has a pretty terrifying reputation within Westeros. He gets defeated by Oberyn but Oberyn himself is one of the finest warriors of the age.

As I wrote earlier, Criston gets memed by some show only fans but from the books he was one of the absolutely greatest knights of his age. He symbolized "both the best and the worst qualities as a Kingsguard". Harwin Strong was considered the strongest man of his time and was nicknamed "Breakbones". At some point, Criston beat the shit out of him so bad that he got renamed "Broken bones" lol. He beat the Rogue Prince at melees. He really wasn't defeated in a 1v1 duel and died to arrows.

Not many people can face Gregor and best him. I think Cole has the ability to do so.
I like to think Aemond beating Criston in a spar is canon
:steef:

Yeah I don’t know. If Gregor has one weakness it is his rage. Criston also had his rage induced moments as far as that p00n was concerned but I think he holds it together in actual battles.

Interesting match up here
I’m surprised you guys think so lmfao. I figured people would vote for Gregor without a second thought.

Alright, round 8!

Round 8
-The winner of this round will face Sandor Clegane “the Hound”
-I promise the next round of brackets will be more interesting lmfao

Ser Gregor Clegane, “The Mountain”

VERSUS

Ser Criston Cole, “The Kingmaker”

@God Buggy @Cruxroux @NikaInParis @SakazOuki @RayanOO @TheAncientCenturion @TheKnightOfTheSea @Rumble @Bullet @KingOnizam @Alexis2282AE @Dragon777
Criston is underrated, but Gregor takes this without too much risk to his life.
The Mountain has armour other men wouldn't be able to stand in, let alone fight battles (read: pilage riverlanders). That means his armour is heavier and sturdier than the regular knight's. A big buff for his defence.

Criston should be the more nimbler foe, and being a Kingsguard he's no slouch. But in a 1 v 1 at their peak, I'd give this to Gregor.

Ironically, if Criston were to use a morning star (as he did in the show iirc) he would stand a better chance imo

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
A morning star is probably better against Heavy Armor, right?
Maybe I’m talking ass I’m not a knight or studied the question lol

Yeah maybe to smash it but I think you have less range than a long sword no ? And when you miss you are less quick to keep your balance and putting yourself back in defence mode.
and you can’t really block hits with it

So against Gregor who is quite fast and has insane range you will have to come closer and it’s bad news

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Maybe I’m talking ass I’m not a knight or studied the question lol

Yeah maybe to smash it but I think you have less range than a long sword no ? And when you miss you are less quick to keep your balance and putting yourself back in defence mode.
and you can’t really block hits with it

So against Gregor who is quite fast and has insane range you will have to come closer and it’s bad news
Yeah idfk. I would think a Morning Star is better against Heavy Armor. Morning stars pack more brute force behind them.

Anyway guys. I’m voting for the Mountain here. For obvious reasons. No disrespect to Criston but I just don’t think he’s one of those guys who can take Gregor.

Really I am very surprised, this is the closest match of the tourney so far lmfao.

Swords are pretty much the standard in Asoiaf when it comes to any type of 1v1 fight. Martin really focuses on the portrayal of the fighter rather the weapons. Sword, mace, warhammer, spear or else, it doesn't really matter.

And most of the legendary warriors in Westeros were swordsmen. Daemon Blackfyre excelled with all weapons but it was with Blackfyre in hand that he was at his peak. Jaime is one of the greatest swordsmen in the lore and the best fighter at the start of Asoiaf. We expect him to best even the Mountain, despite his heavier armor. And so on. If other weapons offered more advantages in those armored fights, everyone would be using them. But it just ain't the case.

(Dear Bobby B gang:catblush:)
Post automatically merged:

Really I am very surprised, this is the closest match of the tourney so far lmfao.
Nah bro, y'all gotta respect Cole. Lol.

Last edited:
I'm taking the Mountain over Cole.
I think just the sheer size, reach and strength of the Mountain is enough to shock Cole who has never faced an opponent that big. To beat the Mountain (if you can't compete physically) you need atleast a little info on his stats and to modify your fighting style a bit going into it which a random tournament doesn't offer.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
I'm taking the Mountain over Cole.
I think just the sheer size, reach and strength of the Mountain is enough to shock Cole who has never faced an opponent that big. To beat the Mountain (if you can't compete physically) you need atleast a little info on his stats and to modify your fighting style a bit going into it which a random tournament doesn't offer.
So with this, the vote is literally 3-3. Lmfao