General & Others How did you discover one piece?

Had nothing to watch and was bored of anime stuck at season 1 or 2 and next season be 2-3 years in future.

One piece was long and had decent ratings.

Binged watched till mid of Whole cake island and then I swifted to Manga.

2008-2009ish
A episode was on where a campfire was might’ve been Skypiea
I was hospitalized for my neurological condition but remember sorta seeing that the first time in toonami alongside the Naruto vs Sasuke part 1 fight over and over
I swear I got a tick to do random handsigns
At the time massive DBZ fanboy aged 9ish
My jerk friend didn’t let me read the Dragon Ball Volume he had so I resorted to reading it online

that’s how I discovered Online manga

At the time I thought I’d struck a goldmine

been reading manga online since like 2009ish with Dragon Ball
Got into Hajime No Ippo, Gamaran, Transfer Student Storm bringer, Wolf Guy Ookami no Monshou, Kenosha history’s strongest disciple, The Breaker(Korean), and One Piece

even had journals of 2010 where it states when I started OP

Last edited:
G

GUI VI

During pandemic.

Since schools were closed, I watched a bunch of animes like Naruto, HxH, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Seven Deadly Sins and also One Piece.

Lol, i still remember my strategy to finish OP anime: watching 15 episodes per day.

ㅡGui, The Grass Owner.

I stumbled across Grand Battle 2 on Magicbox and EX online mag ran a page on the upcoming Treasure Battle for GC. This was during Mock Town. Then I saw that Viz was licensing the series and decided I would just go follow with them and went to Skypiea, chapter 281, when I got the gist.

I used to read and watch Naruto and Bleach and then two friends of mine kept telling me that One Piece is the best etc...
I watched the first episodes and got impressed by both Luffy and Zoro; I then binged up until EL/TB where the anime was at the time and started reading the manga afterwards.

Saw it on 4Kids when it premiered and kept up with it until they stopped airing it. Then when I was in middle school I discovered English Shonen Jump around when they decided to skip ahead to Impel Down, and I've been reading the manga ever since

I was 10 and was watching Cartoon Network when OP started and caught my attention.
After that I started searching online and ran into some sites dedicated to OP which were up to date with Thriller Bark if I'm not mistaken and then I actually got into the subbed episodes till a few months later when I reached Sabaody and next I moved to the manga.
Also, Impel Down was the arc where I first got to read weekly.

Now I'm 27, it's just fucking crazy how time flies.

What is with people being so old bud, like how do you watch one piece skypeia and east blue stuff when it’s on live tv. I started watching it because I wanted to try an anime, my friend was a former anime fan. We were talking on the bus and he was showing me different animes. I pointed to one piece on his phone and he was like eh that’s too long for your first or something but I asked him to go back, wanting something about pirates with action, then bam, decided to watch one piece, thinking it’s only 100 or so episodes, nope, oh well, got into one piece and caught up.

What is with people being so old bud, like how do you watch one piece skypeia and east blue stuff when it’s on live tv. I started watching it because I wanted to try an anime, my friend was a former anime fan. We were talking on the bus and he was showing me different animes. I pointed to one piece on his phone and he was like eh that’s too long for your first or something but I asked him to go back, wanting something about pirates with action, then bam, decided to watch one piece, thinking it’s only 100 or so episodes, nope, oh well, got into one piece and caught up.
You a toddler in an old world, boyo

I see, didn't know berlusconi had channels in germany.
And with the same names as the italians
He had TV channels in Spain as well (again Tele 5, telecinco, or something like that) and probably other countries as well. Since his media empire did so well in Italy he tried to expand it abroad as well.. e ovviamente le solite magagne tipiche del personaggio (accuse di riciclaggio e comunque tv spazzatura modello mediaset Italia).

He had TV channels in Spain as well (again Tele 5, telecinco, or something like that) and probably other countries as well. Since his media empire did so well in Italy he tried to expand it abroad as well.. e ovviamente le solite magagne tipiche del personaggio (accuse di riciclaggio e comunque tv spazzatura modello mediaset Italia).
France, too. Berlu shared the same ideology re: young girls most French have (see Sarkozy & Carla), so Berlu's money & brand were more than welcome