Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Oda is ready to let Luffy fight properly with no drawbacks holding him down, that's always been so annoying about his post-timeskip fights starting with Doflamingo
I think this is definitely the case because Oda really tries his hardest to differentiate Luffy's previous gears and his awakening as much as possible.

I mean, even Snake Man was pretty outclassed by Kizaru's speed, yet G5 seemed to have no issues with it.
Same when it comes to power. As much as Bound Man is strong, I don't think it'd beat Lucci with 3 hits at best (w/o ACoC). Yes, Luffy's a Yonko but Lucci is also an awakened zoan user and he should take far more hits. Yet, G5 needed 3 hits to knock him down.

So it's understanding that G4 shouldn't restrict Luffy like that because it makes no sense narratively. Why should Luffy choose the far weaker mode which gives him similar drawback issues - whilst draining his Haki - if he can directly use his strongest gear?

While it’s confirmed luffy can use g4 in base this still feels like a mistake
Luffy can definitely expand his size with both g3 bone balloon and g4 muscle balloon the name should at least change. It being called elephant at the very least seems like an error
I still think this is an error. Maybe this is Oda trying to cover it up lol. That’s definitely gear 3.

Ryou ?

Lol that was simple Hardening that's all.
Fair I guess, but Is that how it works ? Ryou means flow. The old man told us swordsmen use the invisible power to cut what they want it’s all on intent. Zoro flows his haki into the blade whether or not it’s simply hardening ,isnt it safe to say that Zoro is using ryou when he is using hardening and proceeding to cut what he needs to cut…. Example tatsumaki with kaido but with king the ryou wasn’t enough???

shanks also coated his blade with Kidd that couldn’t have simply been hardening and advanced coc as what he did is the same thing zoro master explained to him as a kid…. With the same tool a swordsman can cut through steel but not cut someone which we know is ryou.

Status
Not open for further replies.