All-Purpose Pokémon Thread

Why Is Lumiose City Undergoing Redevelopment?

• Total voters

Mr. Reloaded

Professional backstabber
Just got the shiny Meloetta :finally:

Here are some tips for anyone still working on it/wants to start.

1. Do Paldea dex first. There's a lot of overlap between what's in the base game and what's in the dlc, finishing the main dex first will fill your other dex's pretty decently.

2. Definitely have rare candies and EXP candies stocked.

3. Breed breed breed. It's much faster without RNG screwing with you.
Learned point 3 the hard way with Sunkern lol

4. Do Tera raids.
You get the trade evolutions significantly easier this way.

5. GTS any version exclusive you don't have. And if it doesn't have the Scarlet and Violet mark, use its offspring lol.

6. Snackworth's legendary Pokemon do not count. You don't have to deal with that mess thankfully.

7. Walking Wake and Iron Leaves don't count. Don't worry if you missed them.

1. Do Paldea dex first. There's a lot of overlap between what's in the base game and what's in the dlc, finishing the main dex first will fill your other dex's pretty decently.

4. Do Tera raids.

5. GTS any version exclusive you don't have. And if it doesn't have the Scarlet and Violet mark, use its offspring lol.

6. Snackworth's legendary Pokemon do not count. You don't have to deal with that mess thankfully.

Already had my living dex completed back in January 2024 but in terms of my SV dex from within the game itself, I'm not even close 😭

Mr. Reloaded

Professional backstabber

4. Do Tera raids.

Another thing to note is if you do have past games, Legends Arceus in particular you should take advantage of that game's method of getting around trade evolutions if you're not doing raids.

Anyone here wanting to see a remake/remaster of Pokemon Black & White on the Switch (or even Switch 2)?
I'll get it as long as its not just copy and paste job how BDSP was but they add stuff to the remake/remastered:

>We get true form Kyurem in the game if they aint doing a Legends game based off Kyurem
>Maybe a way to catch Meltan in game instead of Pokemon Go, and also evolve it in the DLC or pre-orders
>I know this is a S/V thing but why not add a Paradox Keldeo in a new Post-Game story, with Black getting Futuristic Keldeo and White getting Past Keldeo

Final one you can start the game in those 3 modes that you do after beating the game in B2/W2:
Easy, Normal, and Hard.
I'll also add a fourth mode: Pokemon Master mode

Last edited:
Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Professional backstabber
Ranking from most difficult to easiest to complete Pokedex:

Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee
Sword and Shield
Legends Arceus
Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
Scarlet & Violet

Let's Go is the hardest because of the version exclusives. Nobody is playing this game in 2024, so the GTS requests for this game were... barren to say the least. There's also no breeding, so anything I missed when registering what I had to HOME had to be re-caught. Which was a pain. With no ability to request for specific origin marks getting what you need is not fun. While you can restrict trades to only go through if it can go into Let's Go, this also applies to GO Pokemon that have not touched a non let's go game, so do keep that in mind.

Sword & Shield is #2 for a similar reason. Older game less trading activity and needing Pokemon with that origin mark is annoying because many of these Pokemon are in Scarlet and Violet. And because you can't request for origin marks, you'll be getting far more coming from that game instead of this one.

Legends Arceus only really has 2 nasty Pokemon to get. Shaymin and Darkrai who for the first time you actually do need. And you need to buy/rent two full priced games to even unlock the missions for them. But it's straight forward from there, and the game is actually really fun to play through.

BDSP is not terrible. Only 150. And you can breed what you don't have. It's just Mespirit and Cresselia that suck.

Scarlet and Violet: tedious but that's it. You can get trade evolutions and the new evolutions with the stupid methods through raids, Pokemon appear in the overworld so you can't miss what you're looking for. The daycare being mobile helps tremendously. It's easier than ever to grind EXP candies in this game because of the Blissey raids.