General & Others How can anyone stan Shanks?

Literally the only character development Zoro has gotten in this 1130 chapter long manga (which he was been present in the story for like 1128 chapters) is deciding to put Luffy’s dream above his own lol
Didn't wanna bring zolo into this cause then they'll start crying lol

These clowns stan a supposed swordsman that is aiming to be the wss. Yet the ONLY actual swordsman he has fought has been in pre time skip. That too clowns like a giraffe or fucking cabaji with his spinning top lmao

Yet they have no problem deep throating the sword whole. But wanna talk about dEpTh of a side character that has appeared in <25 chapters of this 1130 chapter manga lmao

Hypocrisy knows no bounds :milaugh:

lmfao

What depth?

WOW the insane depths of mr WSS is astounding indeed :shocked:

Not to mention the esteemed mr "i got fucked by the rhp once and didn't lear a single thin". The depth is leaking out of him so much just like the blood was leaking after he got one shot

And who can forget the mochi with the "must protect FAMILY". Literal peak depth right there

Fuck outta here lol. Shanks has more depth than any of these clowns. And he literally gets 5 panels every 10 years lol.
Really?
What depth does Shanks have? He's literally just a saint. He's a good guy. He's supposed to be praised and loved by everyone. He has nothing besides that.
Tell me one thing that makes him deep, because as far as I know literally all we see him do is be strong, be nice and help weak people. That's all he's done.
It's like Oda's daughter wrote the character for him, there's nothing deep or complex about him at all.

Really?
What depth does Shanks have? He's literally just a saint. He's a good guy. He's supposed to be praised and loved by everyone. He has nothing besides that.
Tell me one thing that makes him deep, because as far as I know literally all we see him do is be strong, be nice and help weak people. That's all he's done.
That is depth you clown...

He's been in <25 chapters as a whole.

And most of them are like 1-2 panel appearances.

So it's completely expected that we don't know much about him at all.

But we have clues like him attacking the cp0 ship with the nika fruit, him talking to the gorosei about a certain pirate, him going after BB and being so wary of him, him being the son of a CD and potentially even being Garling's son, him waiting to go after one piece until goofy achieved the nika clown form, him crying when Roger told him something in the flashback etc etc

Literally all of that add to his depth. And once we get more focus on him and start unravelling those mysteries, we will get even more.

It's like Oda's daughter wrote the character for him, there's nothing deep or complex about him at all.
I can easily reduce your favs into a few sentences as well.

As far as i know literally all wee see mihawk do is duck fights, drink wine, and talk about wanting peace

As far as i know literally all wee see zolo do is train, fight some enemies, anf get strong

As far as i know literally all wee see midd do is talk big, get one shot left and right

As far as i know literally all wee see kata do is say he wants to protect his family and eat donuts

See...

You literally don't know what "depth" is yet you're talking mad shit about shanks lmao

That is depth you clown...

He's been in <25 chapters as a whole.

And most of them are like 1-2 panel appearances.

So it's completely expected that we don't know much about him at all.

But we have clues like him attacking the cp0 ship with the nika fruit, him talking to the gorosei about a certain pirate, him going after BB and being so wary of him,
Wow he wants to stop bad guys? So cool and original bro.
him being the son of a CD and potentially even being Garling's son, him waiting to go after one piece until goofy achieved the nika clown form, him crying when Roger told him something in the flashback etc etc
And I still don't care. Him having CD blood doesn't mean shit for his character. If he were like Doflamingo or Rosinante then I'd understand, but so far nothing has been done with him being a CD.
I can easily reduce your favs into a few sentences as well.

As far as i know literally all wee see mihawk do is duck fights, drink wine, and talk about wanting peace

As far as i know literally all wee see zolo do is train, fight some enemies, anf get strong

As far as i know literally all wee see midd do is talk big, get one shot left and right

As far as i know literally all wee see kata do is say he wants to protect his family and eat donuts

See...

You literally don't know what "depth" is yet you're talking mad shit about shanks lmao
I've already explained this here:
He's not a boring character it's just that buffoons like you get pissy because he's blatantly above your favorite characters so you start hating on him for it. You start making up reasons for why he's not a good character and it's bad to like him, but in reality there's more to him than you think, he's not just supposed to look cool and be very strong.
Zoro's strength is a major part of him, yeah, nobody denies that. And it is indeed one of the biggest reasons for why we love him. But he's also loyal, incredibly determined, and a very inspirational and tenacious character. We see multiple characters give up on their dreams in OP, and it would be very easy for Zoro to do that, but he never does. Even when he nearly died to a god tier he only thought about his promise to his late best friend/cousin(?) and Luffy and kept trucking like nothing happened. He doesn't care how long it takes to reach Mihawk's level (which in it self is a very hard task), he doesn't even think about that, he just wants to make sure he does reach his level eventually.
People like characters that don't give up no matter how hopeless it may seem, a great example is Guts from Berserk.
When people like you say things like "Zoro is a stereotypical badass" and "his moments where he looks cool and invincible are fanservice", you don't really understand him as a character, you only see him through agenda-tinted lens. It's like the people who diss Usopp, Nami and Chopper and claim they're weak and useless, but if you ignore the powerscaling aspects of them and think of their actual personalities, backstories and actions you realize they're still great characters that the SH would be doomed without.
I'm not getting into this again because it's clear you lack basic reading comprehension.

What did Shanks beating Kidd accomplish? Nothing positive !
  • Kidd oneshotted easily without any fight --> every built-up hype and development about Kidd and new gen ruined just for the sake of Shanks cause "he's the perfect leader" despite being old gen and also he was randomly at elbaf
That took Kidd out of the competition, i.e., no more panel time being wasted on him. Kidd-Law were created on a whim by Oda—they overstayed their welcome.

• Red promotion --> ruining an admiral hype just for the sake of a movie about Shanks
This is nothing out of ordinary. Even Akainu was standing still in front of Shanks at MF.

For most casuals, Shanks is an awesome character - a good guy who is super strong. Those casuals matter more to a writer than a few nerds who spend 24/7 on a One Piece forum.

Don't disrespect Superman
Lol
Post automatically merged:

God I hope that Kid is actually dead
You've been writing nonsense ever since Shanks defeated Kidd

That tells you everything what that moment crated
Imagine thinking Shanks mid diffs another yonko

You're no different from zoro fans
Post automatically merged:

That took Kidd out of the competition, i.e., no more panel time being wasted on him. Kidd-Law were created on a whim by Oda—they overstayed their welcome.

This is nothing out of ordinary. Even Akainu was standing still in front of Shanks at MF.

For most casuals, Shanks is an awesome character - a good guy who is super strong. Those casuals matter more to a writer than a few nerds who spend 24/7 on a One Piece forum.
Just keep wanking Mihawk Nidai

Wow he wants to stop bad guys? So cool and original bro.
What does mohawk wanna do? zolo? midd?

of course you don't. Because it goes against your pathetic agenda of shanks having no depth.

but so far nothing has been done with him being a CD.
That's because he hasn't been explored yet clown

Imagine crying nO dEpTh for a character that hasn't been focused yet and hardly gets any panel time 🤡

But he's also loyal, incredibly determined, and a very inspirational and tenacious character.
Lmao

Shanks is extremely loyal to his crew and his weak fleet. To his friends as well.
Incredibly determined - Lost his main arm and still went on to become a top tier yonko. Determination is maxed out there.
Very inspirational - Literally inspired the main fucking character and started this whole damn manga...
Tenacious - Peak of tenacity to sacrifice an arm to save a friend, then climb up to be a yonko.

You just listed some barebones characteristics that can apply to literally any random manga character lol

We see multiple characters give up on their dreams in OP, and it would be very easy for Zoro to do that, but he never does. Even when he nearly died to a god tier he only thought about his promise to his late best friend/cousin(?) and Luffy and kept trucking like nothing happened. He doesn't care how long it takes to reach Mihawk's level (which in it self is a very hard task), he doesn't even think about that, he just wants to make sure he does reach his level eventually.
People like characters that don't give up no matter how hopeless it may seem, a great example is Guts from Berserk.
Literally all the damn mc characters are pursuing their dreams you utter buffoon. goofy went to hell and back to save his brother. And others like nami and robin and brook have suffered insane shit and pushed through.

That means nothing in terms of depth. Cause it's also a barebone characteristic for almost any manga mc. Nothing even remotely special.

Shanks himself has gone though shit and has reached the pinnacle that zolo is now trying to reach. Lost his father figure in Roger, lost him main arm that he used to wield his sword on to battle his rival. Yet still climbed up from there and reached the summit.

And that's only from the stuff we know. He has a whole lot of mystery and intrigue behind him that will undoubtedly include some hardship.

When people like you say things like "Zoro is a stereotypical badass" and "his moments where he looks cool and invincible are fanservice", you don't really understand him as a character, you only see him through agenda-tinted lens.
Oof. Talk about an extreme lack of self awareness :milaugh:

It's like the people who diss Usopp, Nami and Chopper and claim they're weak and useless, but if you ignore the powerscaling aspects of them and think of their actual personalities, backstories and actions you realize they're still great characters that the SH would be doomed without.
Lmao

You preach this shit. Yet completely ignore shanks's personality, his potential backstory and even the small pieces that have already been hinted at, and his actions that include literally inspiring the damn mc and subsequently being the catalyst for this whole manga. As well as saving the mc multiple times...

I've already explained this here:
You didn't explain shit lmao.

you just linked to a past post of yours that says shit like loyalty, tenacity, determination and inspirational. Shit that shanks has in abundance. That's your definition of depth. A bunch of extremely barebones and hardly interesting characteristics that you can see in even the lowest and most mid of characters.

I'm not getting into this again because it's clear you lack basic reading comprehension.
Of course you're not. Cause you don't have any arguments at all other than "tEnACitY dEtErMiNaTioN LoYaLtY iNsPiRaTiOnAL" lol

You don't even understand what depth is, yet is accusing me of lacking reading comprehension... :DanySquint: