Chapter Discussion It should've been Sanji vs Kizaru in Egghead

I know Egghead is over but I just can't wrap around my head why Oda would do this and completely ruin the tension?

Since Dressrosa opening, i've been anticipating Sanji vs Kizaru to happen. The match up makes so much sense style wise.

I was hyped when this chapter came out and said to myself "finally it's about time" until the next one completely ruined it when it turned out to be G5 doing the same old heavy lifting.

I'm not a Sanji fan but the arc was gonna get better with Sanji vs Kizaru, Zoro vs Nusjuro, Luffy vs Saturn/other Gorosei and other SH vs vice admirals as how it should've been but nope...

Why ruin it? :sanjimeh:

I know Egghead is over but I just can't wrap around my head why Oda would do this and completely ruin the tension?

Since Dressrosa opening, i've been anticipating Sanji vs Kizaru to happen. The match up makes so much sense style wise.

I was hyped when this chapter came out and said to myself "finally it's about time" until the next one completely ruined it when it turned out to be G5 doing the same old heavy lifting.

I'm not a Sanji fan but the arc was gonna get better with Sanji vs Kizaru, Zoro vs Nusjuro, Luffy vs Saturn/other Gorosei and other SH vs vice admirals as how it should've been but nope...

Why ruin it? :sanjimeh:
And another case of illegitimate expectations ruining the experience of a reader

Sigh

:seriously:

I'd agree that it was an unrealistic expectation, until Oda had him face-to-face with Sanji literally saying he will fight him like in the panel I just posted
He is talking about Luffy. Bring back the head of > Luffy. Not Sanji. Sanji blocking a shot is not a promise of a fight, especially when there is Luffy around.

You guy have illegitimate expectations all the times. Two antagonistic character meeting is not syonymous of a duel, it can be, but it's not a certainty. So saying that Oda "ruined" something here, is simply ignoring the narration that is showing that a fight is absolutely not needed.

Egghead shouldn't have existed :beckmoji:
If we listened to you guys. The New World shouldn't have existed.

:seriously:

when chapter 1107 gets animated everyone's gonna be hyped when kizaru faces down Luffy and Sanji...only to be disappointed when the bait and switch from chapter 1108 happens and then 15 -20 episodes of Vegapunks message.

Yea a small squish wouldn’t be crazy
Jozu wasn’t a complete nonfactor against Kuzan

Shit didn’t really make much sense.
As long he didn’t win, an Zoro/Luffy fought someone stronger everything would’ve been all good. All he got was blocking 1 damn laser for crying out loud. Like the character been dead in the battledome. but oda ain’t gotta keep kicking dirt on the man.

Last edited: