General & Others Did the country of Wano live up to its reputation/hype?

Before we actually got to Wano, Wano was hyped to be some formidable country with ancients secrets, only second to Elbaf. The Samurai of Wano were so strong that Marines didn't even bother to go there. When marines heard about Big Mom teaming up with Kaido, Akainu was even uncertain about sending marines there. The secrets of the poneglyphs, which contained the secrets of the world was also hidden in Wano.

However, when we got there, we found out that Wano was already enslaved by Kaido for 20 years. It's could be seen as disappointing that a country so prided of the strength of their samurai got so easily taken over by a minor pirate crew at the time, with their strongest samurai getting smashed by a young Kaido. If there were stronger samurai out there, I don't think Kaido would have taken the country so easily.

I think the real reason the marines have not reached Wano is cause the world government fears that Wano's connections to the void century and poneglyphs secrets could escape and cause instability. Remember, we saw CP0 actively involved with the country.

What do you guys think? Is Wano worth it's hype? What's the weakest force the Marines could send to completely conquer it like Kaido did?

Denjiro, Ashura, and Kawamatsu are stronger than any other native island type character we’ve seen(Kyros, Pell, Fishman island princes etc).

Oden far exceeded the hype that I thought he had.

Wano is a lot stronger than most islands. That being said one admiral would be more than enough.

Denjiro, Ashura, and Kawamatsu are stronger than any other native island type character we’ve seen(Kyros, Pell, Fishman island princes etc).

Oden far exceeded the hype that I thought he had.

Wano is a lot stronger than most islands. That being said one admiral would be more than enough.
I mean yeah, Oden is strong, and so are some of his scabbards, but is there any other samurai with any meaningful strength out there?

I mean Oden and the scabbards were outcasts at one point, so they wouldn't even be considered part of the strength of the Wano government. It would be disappointing if there weren't other strong samurais out there, but it seems like Oden and scabbards were the only real challenge to Kaido.

I mean yeah, Oden is strong, and so are some of his scabbards, but is there any other samurai with any meaningful strength out there?

I mean Oden and the scabbards were outcasts at one point, so they wouldn't even be considered part of the strength of the Wano government. It would be disappointing if there weren't other strong samurais out there, but it seems like Oden and scabbards were the only real challenge to Kaido.
Yeah I agree it was disappointing that Orochi didn’t have any strong samurai on his side. Though that’s probably more his own fault than anything.

If Oden was still alive Wano would be probably strong enough to contend with a Yonkou. But he died and Wano turned into a shell of what it was.

I expect Elbaf to have some heavy hitters

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Wano lives up to the hype for me.

Various circumstances has meant we've never really had a full power Wano, but if we'd been able to get a country led by Oden with
-nine Scabbards underneath him
-Prime Hyozou leading the yakuza
-Fukurokujo leading the Ninja
-the five daimyo still alive (Ushimaru at least seems to have been decently strong)
-even the fodder having some grasp of Haki as Ryou
-their seastone and weapon production

that might not be as strong as a Yonko crew, but it's damn well close. Plus there's the Minks as vassals to Oden and thus potentially counting towards Wano's overall force. If Luffy is considered a potential Emperor based on the overall strength of the Strawhats as of WCI, Oden would have to be the same.

Not one bit. Oda/Orochi fucked shit up. Would of loved to have seen differing FIghting styles/Dojo's Mastery of them and Differing Belts and ranks etc... The Exquisite cuisine that could hopefully bring Sanji a rightful Challenge. A whole bunch of other things too.