Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I feel like Sanji and Usopp are the most disloyal strawhats. Sanji gave up on the future of All Blue and Luffy for fucking Pudding and got cucked when she laughed at his sorry ass behind his back.

And Usopp, why the fuck is this pussy ass guy on the crew of the Pirate King [Buggy was a lil kid dont @ me]. Yasopp would be mad dissapointed that Luffy has brought this failure to him.
Seeing Nami, Usopp, and Chopper, all of whom have faced multiple powerful opponents and defeated every one of them, cower on the Sunny as the crew entered Onigashima a little while back proved to me definitively that the Straw Hats are not yet reliable enough to challenge the Yonko. It’s still gonna happen regardless, because HAHAHAHA PIS GO BRRRR, but how in the fuck are y’all still scared of fodder?? What the actual shit??

Seeing Nami, Usopp, and Chopper, all of whom have faced multiple powerful opponents and defeated every one of them, cower on the Sunny as the crew entered Onigashima a little while back proved to me definitively that the Straw Hats are not yet reliable enough to challenge the Yonko. It’s still gonna happen regardless, because HAHAHAHA PIS GO BRRRR, but how in the fuck are y’all still scared of fodder?? What the actual shit??
I'm sure it was peak comedy in Oda mind. :kayneshrug:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Excellent point...for him, it’s the funniest God damn thing in the world. For the millions of us who expect three members of the future Pirate King’s crew to have a little confidence (or at least not be huge pussies) after having come so fucking far, it’s a giant slap in the face.
The Real Roxanne?

I don’t see it that way. Nami, Ussop and Chopper like to act like cowards and avoid fights when they don’t need to fight but as soon as things get serious, they give it everything they’ve got. Just classic humor and characterization.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I don’t see it that way. Nami, Ussop and Chopper like to act like cowards and avoid fights when they don’t need to fight but as soon as things get serious, they give it everything they’ve got. Just classic humor and characterization.
I understand where you’re coming from, but I don’t think it’s that funny, and I know I’m not the only person who wishes Oda would pull back just a bit on the goofy shit. We’re coming to the end of the series both narratively and on Shueisha’s orders, and if the audience is meant to take Luffy’s crew as serious contenders for the most powerful pirates on the Grand Line, it really detracts from that message when 30 percent of them are cowering in fear against literal foot soldiers, the likes of whom they’ve beaten in damn near every other arc of the series. It’s the same problem as Sanji’s perversion and Zoro’s lack of direction; this kind of stuff is fine and all, but where it directly and negatively impacts their efforts for the task at hand, I just can’t get on board with that this late in the game.

I understand where you’re coming from, but I don’t think it’s that funny, and I know I’m not the only person who wishes Oda would pull back just a bit on the goofy shit. We’re coming to the end of the series both narratively and on Shueisha’s orders, and if the audience is meant to take Luffy’s crew as serious contenders for the most powerful pirates on the Grand Line, it really detracts from that message when 30 percent of them are cowering in fear against literal foot soldiers, the likes of whom they’ve beaten in damn near every other arc of the series. It’s the same problem as Sanji’s perversion and Zoro’s lack of direction; this kind of stuff is fine and all, but where it directly and negatively impacts from the task at hand, I just can’t get on board with that this late in the game.
Sanji’s perversion is something else entirely, as it’s becoming morally disturbing (although Usopp letting many dwarves die out of cowardice was disturbing too).

Status
Not open for further replies.