Break Week One Piece Chapter 987: Faithful Servant

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
In Fact it’s the contrary for me, it’s because I like her so much I don’t want Oda to ruin her character like this, Oda presented her in a time when everything seems so focused on the raid on Kaido so he doesn’t have to go to her backstory ... he wanted her to be known as “A strong, daughter of a Yonko that likes luffy and the good side in general”

How I see it, Oda took the easy boring way.
In that case, I agree...gotta reread your post as well, but it does feel a little like Oda brought her in at a very hectic time and just threw a bunch of shit out there to endear her to the fandom. The pacing has been off all arc, and with the announcement that we’re officially entering the final phase of the series, it makes sense even if it’s really fucking depressing. I love Yamato, but it’s clear that her portrayal thus far is pretty divisive.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
I still don’t like how Oda is presenting Yamato ...

She barely met luffy like less than half a day ago (maybe even hours) and yet she’s speaking like she knew Him for quite the time?!

If Oda made her look like a character who’s entire focus at the moment is to take down her father (Kaido), it would have made sense. Why would someone take the word of a pirate you just met of taking down Kaido for granted and treat him like if they were knowing each other for years? This pretty much a Character promotion That has in no way any depth For making sense ...

We had a traitor among the samurai a few chapters back (on both sides too), luffy has every right to not trust Yamato who’s not only one of the samurai that stayed at ongishima but also shes someone luffy know’s absolutely nothing about except she’s Kaido’s offspring ... What she said about Kaido’s Torturing her could be a lie as far as what luffy knows.

Oda is shitting on everything, remember the time when Neko told The SH “This is power” when BM threatened Sanji about killing all the chefs in the Baratie and killing Zeff? You would think the Yonkos took such such a fall in the “intelligence“ department since that time, to the point samurai among their ranks start flipping on them and no one even imagined such things would happen ... Bullshit.

Yamato lived a prisoner her whole life, not to mention, she was a prisoner in a Closed off country, where even free people don’t get to know what’s happening around in the world. To top this thing off, she just met a pirate who claims he wants to take Kaido down and now she’s trusting him completely? For fuck sake really Oda?

this is just rubbing me the wrong way, luffy is not supposed to need this kind of support anymore! At least not so obviously!
since the start of the raid, no samurai (good side) ever said ”Hey, look! it’s Yamato! Kaido’s daughter who always stood against her father and cared for the people of wano”

Rather we got a buncha Kaido’s men saying “your father has been attacked, Young Master Yamato!” Another reason why Luffy shouldn’t trust her just yet.

”I don’t care if my father is killed”
Again, Wrong.

If you truly see him evil, and you want nothing to do with him, in fact, if you want to take him down, or even kill him, the obvious first thing to do is to psychologicaly prepare first by severing this Father-Daughter bond, instead of “I don’t care if my father is killed” she should have said something like “I don’t care if that Monster is killed or if that man is killed”

Kaido is not a piece of shit character, he‘s a pirate, he’s supposed to be ruthless and evil, even Kine’mon said luffy (who’s good-hearted) is not like you all (other pirates, supposedly evil)

on this basis, Yamato saying something like “I don’t care if my father is killed” won’t make me think you are a good-hearted character Yamato, we still don’t know anything about you, plus, you hate your father right? I’ve never seen a child hating her father but repeatedly keeps referring to him as father. Just no.

Oda is so desperately trying to make us like Yamato, like he’s saying, you like luffy? How about I make Yamato treat luffy Like they trust each other Next chapter Even though it wouldn’t make any sense? You hate Kaido cuz he’s bad? How about I let Yamato (who no one Of the good samurai ever heard of) say she hates “her father!” and no one would ever even Doubt her but instead let’s all love her even though everything seems forced and senseless.

See The pattern -> Luffy’s good, Kaido’s bad, Yamato likes Luffy and hates Kaido .. That’s why we should All love Yamato!

Do you like her yet, Do ya? Doo ya?

She should have been like Ashura-douji at the beginning of the arc. A powerful character that is independent and has his own goals that later found a new (old) goal and joined up with people who all have the same goal. You feel like the stage has been prepared for him to smoothly join up with the RS and luffy.

Yamato presentation is very forced for me ... not like this Oda.

If Yamato doesn’t turn out to be on Kaido’s side or Oda pull up something really impressive with her, I’ll be really disappointed for such a Character with such potential To be ruined like This.

Probably the main reason why I'm so indifferent towards her at the moment. She feels very forced, doesn't add too much to the overall story and seems like a walking plot device which gives the alliance a much needed boost in power.

Also everytime I look at her, all I see is Nami equipped with a club and horns. No hate but at least design wise she should have been more unique, never mind her overall character.

Last edited:
Lol watch Toki's true prophecy be not the 9 scabbards, but the 8 supernova (Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Killer, Law, Drake, Apoo, and Hawkins) and Marco fighting Kaido/BM :D
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, as much as I like Yamato right now, she really needs that flashback to justify her character. I get why she's in the arc so late: she had no means to leave Onigashima and Wano at first was very focused in the samurai and not Kaido at all. But we do need the flashback with her first to really gauge at how good of a character she is

Last edited:
Probably the main reason why I'm so indifferent towards her at the moment. She feels very forced, doesn't add too much to the overall story and seems like a walking plot device which gives the alliance a much needed boost in power.

Also everytime I look at her, all I see is Nami equipped with a club and horns. No hate but at least design wise she should have been more unique, never mind her overall character.
Completely agree, due to my bad connection, the chapter needs 3-5 minutes to upload on my screen, so I randomly scroll down the pages and leave it on a certain page (which is still not uploaded yet) and go make myself a cup of coffee or a snack to eat while reading the chapter. On chapter 985, My screen was showing the panel where Yamato was talking to luffy about how Kaido used to torture her, since I have never seen her before that chapter I didn’t know who she was and I instantly asked myself, why is Nami talking to luffy? Aren’t they supposed to be in different locations?

but to be honest, I don’t have a problem in that prospect, she’s still very gorgeous and I have no complaints since I’m deeply in love, but for fair-point sake, it’s true she looks like Nami with horns and a big-ass club.

Yamato lived a prisoner her whole life, not to mention, she was a prisoner in a Closed off country, where even free people don’t get to know what’s happening around in the world. To top this thing off, she just met a pirate who claims he wants to take Kaido down and now she’s trusting him completely? For fuck sake really Oda
This makes me laugh.

You re taking it as if yamato had no means to be informed of what's happening outside wano. She met Ace, and Ace told Yamato about Luffy, which happened pre timeskip. It wouldnt be impossible for Yamato to know what s going on with Luffy even after Ace's death. He's Ace's sworn brother enough forbher to trust him

And wano's exclusion of the world doesnt make sense if you apply it to yamato, yamato is in onigashima not in mainland wano where orochi and kaidou are sensoring news outside wano.

I think you should Start thinking and digesting the story before complaining to oda lol.

You're too quick to jump and complain while you seem to lack understanding of the elements around the story and what it could possibly bring

Last edited:
luffy beinf ace' brother justifies her trust imho.
this is so tipical wanpiss fans jumping to conclusion

ill let their flashback play first before comenting about how deep their relationship was.

If I’ve never seen a child hating her monsterous, ruthless, Cold-blooded Killer father but repeatedly keeps referring to him as father. Just no.
than please expand your horizon cus this is what children who is a victim to his parents abuse sounds like in reality

Last edited:

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer

She barely met luffy like less than half a day ago (maybe even hours) and yet she’s speaking like she knew Him for quite the time?!

If Oda made her look like a character who’s entire focus at the moment is to take down her father (Kaido), it would have made sense. Why would someone take the word of a pirate you just met of taking down Kaido for granted and treat him like if they were knowing each other for years? This pretty much is a Character promotion That has in no way any depth For making sense ...

We had a traitor among the samurai a few chapters back (on both sides too), luffy has every right to not trust Yamato who’s not only one of the samurai that stayed at ongishima but also shes someone luffy know’s absolutely nothing about except she’s Kaido’s offspring ... What she said about Kaido’s Torturing her could be a lie as far as what luffy knows.

Oda is shitting on everything, remember the time when Neko told The SH “This is power” when BM threatened Sanji about killing all the chefs in the Baratie and killing Zeff? You would think the Yonkos took such a fall in the “intelligence“ aspect they used to have, to the point samurai among their ranks start flipping on them and no one even imagined such things would happen ... Bullshit.

Yamato lived a prisoner her whole life, not to mention, she was a prisoner in a Closed off country, where even free people don’t get to know what’s happening around in the world. To top this thing off, she just met a pirate who claims he wants to take Kaido down and now she’s trusting him completely? For fuck sake really Oda?

this is just rubbing me the wrong way, luffy is not supposed to need this kind of support anymore! At least not so obviously!
since the start of the raid, no samurai (good side) ever said ”Hey, look! it’s Yamato! Kaido’s daughter who always stood against her father and cared for the people of wano”

Rather we got a buncha Kaido’s men saying “your father has been attacked, Young Master Yamato!” Another reason why Luffy shouldn’t trust her just yet.

”I don’t care if my father is killed”
Again, Wrong.

If you truly see him evil, and you want nothing to do with him, in fact, if you want to take him down, or even kill him, the obvious first thing to do is to psychologicaly prepare first by severing this Father-Daughter bond, instead of “I don’t care if my father is killed” she should have said something like “I don’t care if that Monster is killed or if that man is killed”

Kaido is not a piece of shit character, he‘s a pirate, he’s supposed to be ruthless and evil, even Kine’mon said luffy (who’s good-hearted) is not like you all (other pirates, supposedly evil)

on this basis, Yamato saying something like “I don’t care if my father is killed” won’t make me think you are a good-hearted character Yamato, we still don’t know anything about you, plus, you hate your father right? I’ve never seen a child hating her monsterous, ruthless, Cold-blooded Killer father but repeatedly keeps referring to him as father. Just no.

Oda is so desperately trying to make us like Yamato, like he’s saying, you like luffy? How about I make Yamato treat luffy Like they trust each other in the Next chapter? Even though it wouldn’t make any sense but whatever.
You hate Kaido cuz he’s bad, right? How about I let Yamato (who no one Of the good samurai ever heard of) say she hates “her father!” and no one would ever even Doubt her but instead let’s all love her even though everything seems forced and senseless.

See The pattern -> Luffy’s good, Kaido’s bad, Yamato likes Luffy and hates Kaido .. That’s why we should All love Yamato!

Do you like her yet, Do ya? Doo ya?

She should have been like Ashura-douji at the beginning of the arc. A powerful character that is independent and has his own goals that later found a new (old) goal and joined up with people who all have the same goal. You feel like the stage has been prepared for him to smoothly join up with the RS and luffy.

Yamato presentation is very forced for me ... not like this Oda.

If Yamato doesn’t turn out to be on Kaido’s side or Oda pull up something really impressive with her, I’ll be really disappointed for such a Character with such potential To be ruined like This.
She has been in Onigashima for 20 years, so when she was 8 years she witnessing Oden's execution and after that she fangirling Oden so hard.
Im pretty sure her handcuffs is like Sanji, but in this case her handcuffs is real explosive handcuffs. And the fact that she challenge Kaido for many times, that proof she can move freely as long as she is still in Onigashima.

Kaido getting pierced by adv haki this shows that Kaido can be pierced

So again a contradiction how could the marines not kill him all 3 Admirals have adv.haki

Anyway great chapter those samurai are no pushover they are really amazing for piercing Kaidos skin

Today was nail in coffin to theory Kaido being the strongest

Yamato vs Ulti, Luffy vs Big Mom , Minks and Scabbards vs Kaido and Pirates vs the alliancs

I just hope we get decent fights scenes not skipping like everything before and show us how Hyo is fighting fodder instead

Gathering the minks to the top means they didnt blindly charge in they made a special formation to attack them in a suprise moment nice

Luffy vs Big Mom is something I want to really see

Lol Perospero is disobeying his mother that idiot

This makes me laugh.

You re taking it as if yamato had no means to be informed of what's happening outside wano. She met Ace, and Ace told Yamato about Luffy, which happened pre timeskip. It wouldnt be impossible for Yamato to know what s going on with Luffy even after Ace's death. He's Ace's sworn brother enough forbher to trust him

And wano's exclusion of the world doesnt make sense if you apply it to yamato, yamato is in onigashima not in mainland wano where orochi and kaidou are sensoring news outside wano.

I think you should Start thinking and digesting the story before complaining to oda lol.

You're too quick to jump and complain while you seem to lack understanding of the elements around the story and what it could possibly bring
What about luffy though? What does he have as a proof to trust her? Some mention About his brother Ace that Yamato spoke of?

What about the scabbards? They just had a traitor among them ... they see luffy with daughter of Kaido and never have the thought of raising suspicion?

Ace told her about luffy, cool, is that enough justification for her to jump right off and help luffy vs Ulti? If it is for you, fine. But for me and many others it’s not, we hoped to see some characte build up.

one last note pal, I’ve never had a conversation with you before, if you think you can knock on people’s doors with this tone of yours then we better ignore each other, as far as I have been warned, this area contains some hotheads who can’t help but to talk in the most edgy tone and the closest to be an offense, I didn’t tag your name and I sure don’t like how you speak with me regarding a Manga.

be respectful, it’s not that hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
What about luffy though? What does he have as a proof to trust her? Some mention About his brother Ace that Yamato spoke of?

What about the scabbards? They just had a traitor among them ... they see luffy with daughter of Kaido and never have the thought of raising suspicion?

Ace told her about luffy, cool, is that enough justification for her to jump right off and help luffy vs Ulti? If it is for you, fine. But for me and many others it’s not, we hoped to see some characte build up.

one last note pal, I’ve never had a conversation with you before, if you think you can knock on people’s doors with this tone of yours then we better ignore each other, as far as I have been warned, this area contains some hotheads who can’t help but to talk in the most edgy tone to be an offense, I didn’t tag your name and I sure don’t like how you speak with me regarding a Manga.

be respectful, it’s not that hard.
you dont have to say you had to ignore him or not, there is a feature for that. Just use it whether u want it or not, its simple.

It's very interesting how much Oda has been pushing this narrative during the post timeskip. I feel like he is setting up something major for the immediate future, and this nagging feeling keeps telling me that it's going to be Law. He's making deals with people behind the Alliances back, and not keeping them in the loop with what it is about.

I think Law is just to calculative and cautious to continue to keep himself allied with someone who is as loose of a cannon as Luffy is. It makes me believe that this deal he struck with the shadowy figure earlier in the arc is a backup plan in case things grossly take a turn for the worst, which might be happening sooner than later.
Sad thing Oda will never have the guts to let Law loose to backstab the SHs mid arc, feels like fake tension.

you dont have to say you had to ignore him or not, there is a feature for that. Just use it whether u want it or not, its simple.
i know the feature, I’ve been in forums before.
I don’t want to start ignoring people less Than a month since I joined, I like his argument about Ace, I just don’t like him including my mentality in the argument, he knows nothing about me and I don’t welcome such behavior what so ever.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
i’m getting a bit annoyed at this point Where The FUCK is sanji?
He’s trying to recruit Drake into his team so we can have the North Blue Supernovas Alliance:finally::finally::finally::finally:
Fucking hoes and getting their stds. Maybe he'll meet Orochi, fleeing from the commotion. They will fight and Orochi beats him with awakening
Somebody tell Judge to raise his bounty again :doffytroll:
At least my guy Sanji ain’t struggling against some Gifters fodders though

She has been in Onigashima for 20 years, so when she was 8 years she witnessing Oden's execution and after that she fangirling Oden so hard.
Im pretty sure her handcuffs is like Sanji, but in this case her handcuffs is real explosive handcuffs. And the fact that she challenge Kaido for many times, that proof she can move freely as long as she is still in Onigashima.
Bang, dude, we are talking the same thing here, when I said she never left ongishima (as far as we know up to this point), you are assuming I’m talking about her not nothing anything about the people outside ongishima but in fact, I wanted to hint That no one from outside ongishima knows her As well. In this scenario, where characters from ongishima and outside ongishima are together in place, it is not enough that Yamato knows those people to justify them working together, they need to trust her as well, And as far as we know at this moment, the only thing they know about her is what has been publicaly stated by her and one of kaido’s men (that she’s Kaido’s daughter) and this makes it even harder for the samurai (who know nothing about her in the first place) to trust her enough to be involved with them in the raid.

I was complaining why none of the nine scabbards Or the raiding samurai doubted Her for even a second after they heard she was daughter of Kaido?

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
i know the feature, I’ve been in forums before.
I don’t want to start ignoring people less Than a month since I joined, I like his argument about Ace, I just don’t like him including my mentality in the argument, he knows nothing about me and I don’t welcome such behavior what so ever.
I mean you have a chance, dont bother to use it. For a better experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.