Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Poor

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Awful

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Shanks grow, but Mihawk stagnate? They're fighting fodder most of the time anyhow. The Yonkos almost never fight each other. Whitebeard and Shanks hadn't met in 13+ years. Big Mom told Kaido how many DECADES has it been since we met.

Even Law clearly said the Yonkos engaged Whitebeard in TERRITORIAL battles, not direct battles. How strong do you think Top Tiers are getting from fighting Yonko Commanders?
haha yeah right, but how you could compare Mihawk to Garp The Fist? to Younko? to Admirals? For what excactly? He did nothing? He never fight against strongest!
Vista gives him normal fight, that's why Mihawk run away! Jozu blocked his attack on Younko! Crocodile pure streinght was enought to stop Mihawk attack by his hand! His Observation Haki is so low that he couldn't predict block from Mr 1 ETC
WTF dude? You guys trying compare this to Younko Big Mom and Sengoku, who was in weakened state and was blocked by Chopper/Luffy who turned into a ball, that's not the Pure streingt! Mihawk didn't deserve to be called Strongest in the verse, period.

Last edited:
haha yeah right, but how you could compare Mihawk to Garp The Fist? to Younko? to Admirals? For what excactly? He did nothing? He never fight against strongest!
Vista gives him normal fight, that's why Mihawk run away! Jozu blocked his attack on Younko! Crocodile pure streinght was enought to stop Mihawk attack by his hand! His Observation Haki is so low that he couldn't predict block from Mr 1 ETC
WTF dude? You guys trying compare this to Younko Big Mom and Sengoku, who was in weakened state and was blocked by Chopper/Luffy who turned into a ball, that's not the Pure streingt! Mihawk didn't deserve to be called Strongest in the verse, period.
Post automatically merged:

that was Sengoku words, and I'm not sure that he was telling true...just imagine that there was also Shaki and WB, and they are deffinately not type of Evil persons, even could be that Shaki met Reyleigh at Valley of Gods. You have to understand that if needed WG could call Mugiwaras as Evil crew, where member beat each other LOL. But again I'm not sure how this goes with Rocks, they also could be somesort of Evil, from other hand Roger also was called as Demon who can destroy whole island, if his nakama was hearted.

He stopped his duel with Vista to allow him to grow stronger.

Mihawk noticed, reacted, and counter Crocodile's attack. Unlike Akainu who was caught off guard by Crocodile and received a direct hit from his attack. Akainu didn't defeat Crocodile during the war.

Jozu used his diamond body to block an attack that wasn't designed for a body made out of diamond. Marco blocked Kizaru's attack. Jozu blocked and countered Aokiji's attack.

All I see is people continue to make excuses for when Yonko and admirals have their attacks blocked but if Mihawk has his attack blocked than he is not that strong. Mihawk wasn't fighting serious unlike everyone else. Big Mom's mind would have been unstable but not her attacks. She raging out to get the cake meaning, she was using her full strength because she wasn't in control to restrain herself.

So because we haven't seen Mihawk's full power he shouldn't be the WSS. That makes a lot of sense. :seriously:

The Rocks crew hated each other. They weren't friends. Kaido is an insane genocidal asshole who enslaves countries for his own genocidal purposes, not to mention, the country of Whitebeards actual friend(whom Kaido murdered).

Kaido was going to claim Whitebeard's head before the marines did.

PS: Nakama just means friend or comrade. Its not a special word. Its dumb. Never use it.
that was Sengoku words, and I'm not sure that he was telling true...just imagine that there was also Shaki and WB, and they are deffinately not type of Evil persons, even could be that Shaki met Reyleigh at Valley of Gods. You have to understand that if needed WG could call Mugiwaras as Evil crew, where member beat each other LOL. But again I'm not sure how this goes with Rocks, they also could be somesort of Evil, from other hand Roger also was called as Demon who can destroy whole island, if his nakama was hearted.

Because in the chapter.. it said shanks grew stronger and became a yonko. Meanwhile hawkeye holding the belief that no one beside a non prime shank was his biggest challenger, didn't nearly train as hard because he was given the title of WSs as far as we know. And we dont even know who was the previous WSS.

Zoro isnt the only one making Luffy be PK, it's a team effort from the S.hs.

Yeah it debatable but just using a title is not enough anymore to say X is stronger than Y because there are other fighting styles in OP.
Nah that is your headcanon. We dont know how Shanks become a Yonko (we didnt heard anything significant happening on the past 6 years - Bring me 1 single panel or fight that involved Shanks 6 years before Shanks met with Whitebeard with a top tier fighter). We know as a fact that he has more connection with the Gorosei which indicate that he is working for the government. That is a dam good reason for letting Shanks become an official Yonko.
Again your are just using your headcanon, where do you see that Shanks wan't in his prime (in term of power) when he had the rivality with Mihawk - He wasn't a boy at that time (and luffy is only fucking 20years old and will defeat Yonko). Even White Beard is talking about that legendary duel, this man saw how powerful are the top tier pirate so saying that they had legendary duels give even more credit to both character. Cut out with all that crap. Dont forget that a bounty has different factor which doesn't include only power but as well Intel and Shanks as you can see is having a close relationship with the Gorosei.
By the way, today chapter doenst say anything about Shanks becoming stronger it just state that he become a Yonko 6 years ago.

The current story is stating that Mihawk still the strongest swordsman in One Piece and that happen again and again (Oda didnt change anything in 20 years even after all your headcanon idea) and Shanks for what we know is a swordman. That all you have to know.

Last edited:
There is nothing to suggest he is lying about that, and its supported by Big Mum's and Kaido's initially hostile interactions(not to mention, the context was why they didn't boast about that part of their career, so it makes sense that Sengoku is being honest here). Also, while Shakky(from Sabadoy) and Whitebeard might not be a genocidal maniac, Kaido sure as hell is. Again, Kaido is a guy, who killed one of Whitebeards close buds and invaded his kingdom. I don't believe they ever had a close relationship, except for maybe Kaido's respect for Whitebeards strength. Hell, Whitebeards disdain for his Rocks members is even reflected in chapter 0 where he tells Shiki(a fellow Rocks member) to get to the point or he'll kill him. Nothing suggests the Rocks members particularly got along, and the history between them reflects that.

Whitebeard is a guy who wanted to have a family. Kaido is a guy who wants to start the biggest war the world has ever seen. Yeah, they are very conflicted with each other.

He stopped his duel with Vista to allow him to grow stronger.

Mihawk noticed, reacted, and counter Crocodile's attack. Unlike Akainu who was caught off guard by Crocodile and received a direct hit from his attack. Akainu didn't defeat Crocodile during the war.

Jozu used his diamond body to block an attack that wasn't designed for a body made out of diamond. Marco blocked Kizaru's attack. Jozu blocked and countered Aokiji's attack.

All I see is people continue to make excuses for when Yonko and admirals have their attacks blocked but if Mihawk has his attack blocked than he is not that strong. Mihawk wasn't fighting serious unlike everyone else. Big Mom's mind would have been unstable but not her attacks. She raging out to get the cake meaning, she was using her full strength because she wasn't in control to restrain herself.

So because we haven't seen Mihawk's full power he shouldn't be the WSS. That makes a lot of sense. :seriously:
He is WSS, I didn't said that he is not for now, but he is not Stongest Man in the World, he never fight against Strongest! How you could compare him with People, who have big history, who was fighting against Strongest people in the World?! Who was fighting against Roger? Garp? Whitebeard? WTF with you man? There's no prove that Mihawk is low Admiral Lvl, no prove in fact that he is stronger than Ben Backman. And still you just put Mihawk above Rocks, Roger and whoever else, are you drunk?! :believe:

He is WSS, I didn't said that he is not for now, but he is not Stongest Man in the World, he never fight against Strongest! How you could compare him with People, who have big history, who was fighting against Strongest people in the World?! Who was fighting against Roger? Garp? Whitebeard? WTF with you man? There's no prove that Mihawk is low Admiral Lvl, no prove in fact that he is stronger than Ben Backman. And still you just put Mihawk above Rocks, Roger and whoever else, are you drunk?! :believe:
I can bet on Mihawk being on par with the strongest marine and is stronger than Benn beckmen however not stronger than a yonko I guess & if this is not the case then I will pay you 100$( that's roughly 7000 inr). What do you say?
Wanna bet.?
P. S - I am not a Mihawk fan but I follow logic as Mihawk is endgame for Zoro. He has to be powerful than almost all the commanders(but equal to rayleigh) .

Last edited:

One Piece - Chapter 957
Title: Ultimate

CHAPTER IS OUT ON
Jaimini'sBox

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the WG community!
Finally after more than 15 hours of work, it is complete. Enjoy!
One Piece Chapter 957 Review/Analysis: https://dawnofonepiece.com/chapter-957-review/

By the way, I gotta ask something. Do you guys think God Valley Island is the place where the Four Road Poneglyps intersect??

Last edited:
Rereading the chapter, When Sengoku said "Well... one reason is because most of the members couldn't stand each other, so they constantly downplayed their exploits as a group." :suresure:

Random pirates at a bar: "Woah youre the Golden Lion, Shiki! We heard your new boy Kaido, went toe to toe against Admiral Sengoku after that big incident he caused!

Shiki: Who?? you mean you Laido?!:tchpepe:if you don't get that bullshit outta my face, tell that **** fight ME first:seriously:

With the information we got up until now, Garp is strong but hell he is an asshole...there is probably more to it but I don't like him...
He lets his ''son'' die in front of him and then gets upset at Sakazuki for some reason.
He defends the CDs when he has the occasion and then acts like he doesn't follow their ''ideology''.
He is too contradictory for my taste. 0 consistency :(
Fuck Garp until we get more info about him.

We know but must look other crews ( Shanks -Roger)to get an idea .

The right hand takes a lot of the hype ex. Rayleigh and Beckham.

That's why you can put Zoro in the same field as others even in the introduction chapter of the meeting of both Oda used a title far different from the rest " The pirate King and the master swordman".

That's why I said he's no only WSS ..is WSS + that( making Luffy PK which adds a lot of extra weight).

Various fighting styles? ... that's all OP ,yet they are surpassed.
The S.hs are different and Luffy said he cant be pirate king without Sanji, therefore everyone is important and Zoro is not a special case. Because if we go by importance.. Nami and Robin got Zoro beat..

Or it possible that he fought Yonko Shanks and was still disappointed in his performance and that's the reason why he said he called Shanks a has-been.

Since then he's been spending time training on his island when he's bored and after training Zoro and sees potential he's been further preparing himself for when Zoro is at the level to challenge him.
Shank lost his arm 15 years ago and The duels were 22 years ago according to whitebeard..

Training with his monkeys? Doubtful.

Mihawk said he'd wait at the top for Zoro. Oda had Mihawk say that to show that he'd be the strongest swordsman when Zoro is ready to fight him for real.
That if Hawkeye doesnt die or get captured by the marines.

Nah that is your headcanon. We dont know how Shanks become a Yonko (we didnt heard anything significant happening on the past 6 years - Bring me 1 single panel or fight that involved Shanks 6 years before Shanks met with Whitebeard with a top tier fighter). We know as a fact that he has more connection with the Gorosei which indicate that he is working for the government. That is a dam good reason for letting Shanks become an official Yonko.
Again your are just using your headcanon, where do you see that Shanks wan't in his prime (in term of power) when he had the rivality with Mihawk - He wasn't a boy at that time (and luffy is only fucking 20years old and will defeat Yonko). Even White Beard is talking about that legendary duel, this man saw how powerful are the top tier pirate so saying that they had legendary duels give even more credit to both character. Cut out with all that crap. Dont forget that a bounty has different factor which doesn't include only power but as well Intel and Shanks as you can see is having a close relationship with the Gorosei.
By the way, today chapter doenst say anything about Shanks becoming stronger it just state that he become a Yonko 6 years ago.

The current story is stating that Mihawk still the strongest swordsman in One Piece and that happen again and again (Oda didnt change anything in 20 years even after all your headcanon idea) and Shanks for what we know is a swordman. That all you have to know.
Ok.. prime Shanks was the guy that got scarred by a young Bb, outsmarted by a bandit that didn't even know who he was and lastly didn't even know CoA against lord of the coast..
Also you are using mistranlations about the duels.. they are old and that it.

Now you are using your headcannon to justify Shanks being a yonko..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.