Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great chapter

Sanji finally stopped an executives kick !!!!!
previously Daifuku overpowered him and now he block King !!!! whose bounty far exceeds one billion
I dont think Sanji is done for

Big Mom again dissapoints lol Brook trashed her again and Franky too
Zeus is big moms soul its stupid he defies her great plothole and undeserved power up for Nami and further trash Big Moms competence

She is the most incompetent character in the whole series I hope Fujitora throws her outta the atmosphere she is trash

N

NeutralWatcher

Nobody is talking about Pound here?

Of course Bege's cover story doesn't seem that important but Pound is worthy of respect.

In WCI he sacrificed his life to save Chiffon.

And now after he was rejected by his own daughter, he swam to reach her and her sister too in the middle of marine cannon ball fire.

One of the best Father in One Piece.

Of course Bege's cover story doesn't seem that important but Pound is worthy of respect.

And now after he was rejected by his own daughter, he swam to reach her and her sister too in the middle of marine cannon ball fire.

@Jew D. Boy POUNDTOWN BABY

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Random musings I jotted down while trying to procrastinate work today

-Dragon Kaido continues to be eye candy. Paneling, framing and background have all been perfect in terms of accentuating his presence.
I loved these little panels of the mink soldiers more than the Sulong transformation panels. Something badass about their resilience confronting Kaido. I hope to see more variety of Sulong transformations soon. Inu and Neko should look fierce.

- Franky was like

Big Bro Ganster boss Franky-Aniki is here :fransuper:. Same for perverted grandpa brook :brootea:. Badass entrance but hilarious at the same time. Events are very erratic and unpredictable at the moment, I have no idea what'll happen next honestly. There're so many wild cards that could arrive any second (Maries, Enel, Kid, Law, Zoro, Marco, Peros...)

- Pound swimming through a marine attack to get to see his daughters is a great contrast to Mom. Look at wholesome Pez delighted to see his Grandpa

Fear is the only reason Mama's children stay within the family, not affection. Her kids cling on to any sliver of hope of freedom to get away from her emotional tyranny. Katakuri with luffy. Pudding with Sanji. Zeus with Nami. A very interesting character arc on arrested development. She was a born monster, so could never get disciplined. Hence, never moving past her childish dreams (wanting to have a party with people her size for example) but with the power to actually force others into her plans.

- My favorite scene in the chapter. Sanji is a true man with a kind heart.

I said Momo earning his name even while lumped up and looking pathetic deserved praise (https://bit.ly/2EmRCbJ), glad Sanji agrees
I read some of y'all cancer on Sanji and King...plz never change y'all

But Yamato’s parallel with Momo couldn’t be more plain. Initially, Momo was spoon fed his dream of becoming Shogun. Travelling with Luffy, he developed proper authentic conviction. Yamato on the other hand is a phony idolater. The potential self exploration arc is the main reason I’m interested in her (other than being hot of course :akaman:). Coming in contact with Luffy should do the trick. Or I should say Joy Boy. Luffy will be Joy Boy on this day without trying to. Yamato is trying to cling onto a legend from the past. It’s fake. She's asking “Is that okay?” as she's gotta think what Oden would do. So fake. Luffy goes “What do you mean? Hurry up and go already?” He can't comprehend fake. Yamato should watch and learn from an authentic king.

-Dude with Gorilla face stomach had me laughing

-The break announcement broke my spirit. This’ll be me after 2 weeks of wait

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

I was so utterly consumed with engorging myself on Franky and Brook that I only did my Pound bit once in the spoiler thread...all I know is that his daughter are total shit for leaving him behind to get bombed, and I will never, EVER forgive them for disrespecting the greatest character Oda’s created :endthis:

Great chapter

Sanji finally stopped an executives kick !!!!!
previously Daifuku overpowered him and now he block King !!!! whose bounty far exceeds one billion
I dont think Sanji is done for

Big Mom again dissapoints lol Brook trashed her again and Franky too
Zeus is big moms soul its stupid he defies her great plothole and undeserved power up for Nami and further trash Big Moms competence

She is the most incompetent character in the whole series I hope Fujitora throws her outta the atmosphere she is trash
Well I honestly think that BM will end being an ally, the food trope with Sanji + Nami/Zeus relation + Brook Soul King were setted pretty clear. Even Peros fighting along Marco last chapter...

Could be but the doll allowed him to surpass the limits of his own body.
The thing was huge and mirrored his moves, he gotta benefit from such size which his body doesnt have(limits surpassed).
what the hell are you talking about?
the card literally is called "pursuit"- made the doll chase Zolo

Hawkins says that he has some cards in his deck that allow to surpass person's limit, that doesn't mean he used it that time

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
what the hell are you talking about?
the card literally is called "pursuit"- made the doll chase Zolo
Hawkins says that he has some cards in his deck that allow to surpass person's limit, that doesn't mean he used it that time
I am saying that "pursuit" card was the one that allowed him to surpass his limits because he is not as big as the doll itself.
Could be wrong but just throwing it out as an option since people expect a lot from that which could have been a misunderstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.