Should I read this?

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Hey guys! I heard good things about this series, should I read this?
I kinda started reading it a long while ago and I stopped right at the beginning where they fight that rock dude in a cave or whatever. The manga felt too generic to me.
I await your opinions :p
But then again Fuji, every other shonen manga is generic and to an extent predictable no?

The MC is born supposedly talentless / weak / or has a highly unfavourable background, it is what it is.

He has a talented / super op secondary character as his best friend who was somehow born under some kind of miracle star.

There's also a tsundare female mc added into the mix to complete the trio. She's weak af to begin with, but has decent potential, which the author ends up wasting midway in the series anyway.

(I think most shonen have too much of this or follow this general trend so it would be unfair to rule out Black clover because of a few similarities.)

So while Black Clover may not exactly be a fresh idea, it is still a very enjoyable series.

The plot is very engaging and not overly convoluted, most characters are extremely likable and aren't edgy or OTT ( you do however need to get used to the mc screaming his head off 24/7), the tension and stakes always get higher after each arc, the PIS is kept to the bare minimum, and the art at times is godly. Some of the panels are the best you will ever see in manga.

I will admit that magic is very generic, however Tabata has his own flavour on how it would work so it makes it a bit more unique ever so slightly.

His characters undergo realistic growth within the realms of fictional reasoning, and while most shonen authors struggle to write a half decent female character, Tabata excels at this.

He makes the female mc shine. Actually, every female character in BC shines properly. They do this without ever becoming a walking plot device like say for example- Erza Scarlet. In fact, I would tell you to read the story just for the refreshing amount of respect Tabata has for the females in his manga, which other mangakas often lack.

I'm not saying it's a god tier series by any means, but it's an extremely enjoyable series, so I shall plead with you at least give it one more go. It's fun, light hearted, makes sense plot wise and the threats are actually proper threats.

If not for anything else tho, just go read it for the Yami greatness mate.

@Seth Rollins we gonna get another wanka with us soon
:finally:

But then again Fuji, every other shonen manga is generic and to an extent predictable no?

The MC is born supposedly talentless / weak / or has a highly unfavourable background, it is what it is.

He has a talented / super op secondary character as his best friend who was somehow born under some kind of miracle star.

There's also a tsundare female mc added into the mix to complete the trio. She's weak af to begin with, but has decent potential, which the author ends up wasting midway in the series anyway.

(I think most shonen have too much of this or follow this general trend so it would be unfair to rule out Black clover because of a few similarities.)

So while Black Clover may not exactly be a fresh idea, it is still a very enjoyable series.

The plot is very engaging and not overly convoluted, most characters are extremely likable and aren't edgy or OTT ( you do however need to get used to the mc screaming his head off 24/7), the tension and stakes always get higher after each arc, the PIS is kept to the bare minimum, and the art at times is godly. Some of the panels are the best you will ever see in manga.

I will admit that magic is very generic, however Tabata has his own flavour on how it would work so it makes it a bit more unique ever so slightly.

His characters undergo realistic growth within the realms of fictional reasoning, and while most shonen authors struggle to write a half decent female character, Tabata excels at this.

He makes the female mc shine. Actually, every female character in BC shines properly. They do this without ever becoming a walking plot device like say for example- Erza Scarlet. In fact, I would tell you to read the story just for the refreshing amount of respect Tabata has for the females in his manga, which other mangakas often lack.

I'm not saying it's a god tier series by any means, but it's an extremely enjoyable series, so I shall plead with you at least give it one more go. It's fun, light hearted, makes sense plot wise and the threats are actually proper threats.

If not for anything else tho, just go read it for the Yami greatness mate.

@Seth Rollins we gonna get another wanka with us soon
Right, I might actually cause I did hear it got better and better. If I’m reading it I ain’t hearing no annoying asta screams. Did hear that yami was a beast and I do love the caste system. Hope they explore it in the manga in depth. I love me some political drama.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Right, I might actually cause I did hear it got better and better. If I’m reading it I ain’t hearing no annoying asta screams. Did hear that yami was a beast and I do love the caste system. Hope they explore it in the manga in depth. I love me some political drama.
- lmfao. Yes, Asta maybe one of the most annoying shounen mcs to have ever exsisted comparable to even start of story Naruto. I do however think that you will either learn to like it or ignore it. He also grows as a character so he's not so annoying anymore and is actually pretty enjoyable, especially after the timeskip.

- Yami is the best ever to do it. Don't ever deny the 🐐

- The caste system is a major theme throughout the entirety of BC and quite a few plot lines have been made/ explored due to this, so you're in the right manga if you want to read more of stuff like that.

Come join us.

First arc is really cool, than you got second one and third one which is meh, but from the begining of Underwater temple arc this manga and anime already beat Fairy Tail, and give you proper fight and characters development, that you was just could imagine in post time-skip One Piece.
But again I watched this series case of covid, normally it will took time to watch 150 episodes.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
First arc is really cool, than you got second one and third one which is meh, but from the begining of Underwater temple arc this manga and anime already beat Fairy Tail, and give you proper fight and characters development, that you was just could imagine in post time-skip One Piece.
But again I watched this series case of covid, normally it will took time to watch 150 episodes.
u just finished it? i mean until the latest chapter?

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
You believe Yonko > Admirals don’t you? Lol

Hey guys! I heard good things about this series, should I read this?
I kinda started reading it a long while ago and I stopped right at the beginning where they fight that rock dude in a cave or whatever. The manga felt too generic to me.
I await your opinions :p
Let me go ahead and set your expectations straight as someone who has been following Black Clover for a while now:

The short answer is yes. Black Clover is great.

Beginning Black Clover, I remember thinking to myself that it was a generic mess. And I watched the anime which I actually find better than everyone else claims it is lol.

That said,

I really have no earthly idea why, but I kept watching, and kept watching, and kept watching, until I finally wound up where I am now, caught up to the manga lol. And it’s really hard to say why.

The characters are generic at first, but their motivations and such deepen over time. They become more like able, relatable, and fun. Over time they develop more memorable connections and comradery, and I really now feel like they share strong bonds. I wouldn’t say they are revolutionary characters, but I am actually invested in them and they aren’t one dimensional anymore.

Asta is a generic protagonist through and through, always shouting about how hard he’ll work and that he’ll become the Wizard King and such, but over time his stubbornness grew on me as well. He seems more and more relatable and bearable to me the more I follow the series.

The World of a Black Clover itself is actually really cool. There are really diverse and interesting locations and environments and such. The world I think was done right from the start.

The fights and magic systems are well done and were well done from the start.

The pacing is phenomenally fast, there is never a moment where I felt things were going slow or that I’d have to wait 20 Episodes/chapters to learn more about something that I was eager to learn more about. The story creates expectations and satisfies them really quickly which makes it feel really bingeable lol.

Black Clover starts off generic. The more you watch/read it though, the better it gets until it's got you hooked lol.

The current arc...I will spoil nothing, but needless to say I think is awesome lol.

Black Clover is now a weekly manga that I look forward to even more than I look forward to OPM and MHA (which has devolved into lunacy as of late imo), and it is a favorite of mine that I am eager to keep reading.

I think if you enter Black Clover understanding that this is a generic and at times poorly written story that improves over time and will grow on you in its own endearing way, you will have a good time lol.

Last edited:
You believe Yonko > Admirals don’t you? Lol

Let me go ahead and set your expectations straight as someone who has been following Black Clover for a while now:

The short answer is yes. Black Clover is great.

Beginning Black Clover, I remember thinking to myself that it was a generic mess. And I watched the anime which I actually find better than everyone else claims it is lol.

That said,

I really have no earthly idea why, but I kept watching, and kept watching, and kept watching, until I finally wound up where I am now, caught up to the manga lol. And it’s really hard to say why.

The characters are generic at first, but their motivations and such deepen over time. They become more like able, relatable, and fun. Over time they develop more memorable connections and comradery, and I really now feel like they share strong bonds. I wouldn’t say they are revolutionary characters, but I am actually invested in them and they aren’t one dimensional anymore.

Asta is a generic protagonist through and through, always shouting about how hard he’ll work and that he’ll become the Wizard King and such, but over time his stubbornness grew on me as well. He seems more and more relatable and bearable to me the more I follow the series.

The World of a Black Clover itself is actually really cool. There are really diverse and interesting locations and environments and such. The world I think was done right from the start.

The fights and magic systems are well done and were well done from the start.

The pacing is phenomenally fast, there is never a moment where I felt things were going slow or that I’d have to wait 20 Episodes/chapters to learn more about something that I was eager to learn more about. The story creates expectations and satisfies them really quickly which makes it feel really bingeable lol.

Black Clover starts off generic. The more you watch/read it though, the better it gets until it's got you hooked lol.

The current arc...I will spoil nothing, but needless to say I think is awesome lol.

Black Clover is now a weekly manga that I look forward to even more than I look forward to OPM and MHA (which has devolved into lunacy as of late imo), and it is a favorite of mine that I am eager to keep reading.

I think if you enter Black Clover understanding that this is a generic and at times poorly written story that improves over time and will grow on you in its own endearing way, you will have a good time lol.
You sold me admiral :cheers:
Yes Fuji ofc you should start to read Black Clover.
I started reading it and the story really amazed me 😁😆
huh I didn’t know you started reading it. Everyone seems to these days. Gotta get to it before I get spoiled then :endthis: