Votes: 106 41.2%
  • Katakuri

Votes: 91 35.4%
  • Raid Suit Sanji

Votes: 60 23.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster trio is rather moot concept anyways because Luffy Zoro and Sanji were called three monsters of the crew in Alabasta because in comparison to what they had at the time, Nami and Usopp, the three literally were monsters.
That dynamic was quickly broken when Straw hats got another monster in the crew in Nico Robin, yes she was a monster by Alabasta standards and its debatable she was stronger than Sanji in Alabasta.

Beyond that, that concept has hardly been reinforced in manga, unlike Luffy and Zoro's due which has long term story telling, Pirate King and Great Swordsman, Mihawk calling them great team, the symbolism in Thriller Bark, all data books attributing to Luffy and Zoro's closeness but Sanji never getting that shout out, Worst Generation.

Sanji is strong, but always was and always will be one tier below Luffy and Zoro.
Currently there is someone else who is same tier as him in Jinbei.

Luffy and Zoro - Captain and First Mate/Parter, Pirate King and WSM, with larger than life ambitions and comparable will power and desire to get stronger
Jinbei and Sanji - Two very strong fighters by nature but no ambition or exceptional will power to pull them to next level
Mid Trio
Weak trio
Well that's just wrong.

Not that Luffy is amazing. Not that Zoro is also amazing and more often praised as such than Sanji or teaming up with Luffy, That's all true.

As true as the M3.

Which was highlighted at Sabaody before the time skip when Luffy asked the crew to split in three parts, under his, Zoro's and Sanji's protection each.

Which was highlited with the reunion of the SH post time skip at the same Sabaody, when the M3 are the only ones who get to meet Roger's former right hand man when Luffy once again declares that he will become the Pirate King, and they also defeat Pacifistas.

When they are called the three monsters after they leave the ship to fight the Kraken.

When Oda focuses consecutive Yonko arcs on highlighting first Sanji and now Zoro in WCI and Wano.

If you want to go through the whole story, there's evidence plenty for the existence and significance of the M3. It's really, really odd that some are somehow oblivious to it, or for some reason pretend to be. You can even take random promotional materials or Anime intro's, or movies, and you can see how these three end up highlighted especially, because it's simply that in your face.

I

Indigo

My issue actually is Jinbei's lack of potential due to his age. Not saying old men can't grow (Brook for example) but we can't deny that the young men (Luffy, Zoro and Sanji) have much more potential to grow. Jinbei has already lived his most of his pirate life. He's had fierce duels, he's had his name known around the world since a long time, has joined Yonkou crews (Whitebeard, Big mom) etc. Basically he's at his limit now. I don't think the fandom will like it if Jinbei suddenly becomes super strong out of nowhere and defeats an admiral in the near future. That's not the case with Luffy, Zoro and Sanji. They're growing young men who can potentially become strong enough to beat an admiral in the future.

I hope you get my point.
I see your point, but you also have to remeber that motivation / will is a big part of One Piece, including in fighting. Jinbei has became a bit jaded and haven't felt the same since Fisher Tiger's death. But now that Luffy showed up, Jinbei feels like a kid again, getting excited to join and yelling for the whole world to know that he wants to join Luffy and make him Pirate King. That kind of motivation can make Jinbei grow as well.

How tragic, One Piece fans starting to forget Sanji's existence..

i don’t think he will be as relevant after wano as he’s now we’ve seen this before with franky and robin before joining the sh and after joining
You forget post TS Sanji...
Look how helpful and relevant he was during pre TS, and compare to post TS version of him.

Looking at the current spoilers, I expect Franky to be the next strawhat unlocking his Color of Armament Haki.
You forget Sanji. As much as Oda shits on him lately, I'm still optimistic he will get CoA first before Franky..

Luffy is laughing in a war against 2 yonko !! Half of the cast is telling jokes on each page, how are we going to feel the nerves and hopelessness of war if not even its participants take it seriously!! I really pray that everything is a plan of Oda, the calm before the storm and the raid fail, otherwise this would be the worst war ever.

There are already many hints that the final battle will move to the mainland, I hope it is real I need tension!

How tragic, One Piece fans starting to forget Sanji's existence..

You forget post TS Sanji...
Look how helpful and relevant he was during pre TS, and compare to post TS version of him.

You forget Sanji. As much as Oda shits on him lately, I'm still optimistic he will get CoA first before Franky..
Wow the blatant disrespect...

I see your point, but you also have to remeber that motivation / will is a big part of One Piece, including in fighting. Jinbei has became a bit jaded and haven't felt the same since Fisher Tiger's death. But now that Luffy showed up, Jinbei feels like a kid again, getting excited to join and yelling for the whole world to know that he wants to join Luffy and make him Pirate King. That kind of motivation can make Jinbei grow as well.
Yup, he'll definitely grow more. Not saying it won't. But I don't think he'll be able to surpass the rate at which the other will grow (Luffy, Zoro and Sanji).

Okay can we just stop analyzing pictures, dimensions, speech bubbles and just accept Straw hats have 4 stand out members now?

What if you guys' issue with Jinbei being up there with Luffy Zoro and Sanji?
You know he is a former warlord and has highest bounty after Luffy right?
It's not about his strength. He's a new member and also part of the old generation. People didn't watch him grow with the strawhats since before new world. There's no attachment, and for him to cut into the family feels wrong.

I'll guess people will get much more comfortable with him in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.