ONE PIECE CHAPTER 989: SOMEHOW, I DONT FEEL LIKE WERE LOSING

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also interesting how Zoro was facing Queen - one of the top 4 enemies - in Nitoryu and acted like the guy wasn't even there as soon as he heard about Kaido lmao. I just hope Oda keeps this same energy
What? Zoro didn't fight him lmao
He appeared there a second ago when Luffy jumped up there, Queen also had a question mark when Zoro started talking.

I don't know ... Something like .. 10 seconds? See Big Mom's murder plan so you can see that times and panels don't have the least consistency
Yeah time isn't really a thing in static panels, but I was curious because that's how long Sanji was down. I would say it was maybe ten seconds just to have the exchange leading up to radical beam, but the problem is that even if the whole thing was only ten seconds, that's literally the boxing definition of a knockout.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
What? Zoro didn't fight him lmao
He appeared there a second ago when Luffy jumped up there, Queen also had a question mark when Zoro started talking.
That scene was hilarious. They didn't give a fuck about Queen and completely don't sell his attack.

It is funny and good that they are ok but tbh I don't like stuff like this. It's like SHs go against WG next arc and Luffy and Zoro walk by Imu completely ignoring him.

Big Moms role continues to be solidified as Strawhats hype tool...even still I can’t think of one major antagonist that didn’t have a period of dominance against the crew. I get some people are annoyed but perceptions can change in one chapter. The very next thing she does will be important for where her character goes

You can argue Sanji would have found a way to overcome Vergo or you could argue Vergo would have defeated Sanji. The problem is THERES NO CONCLUSION. Thats why people always argue about that fight. Plus all the variables, like Vergo not using his abilities and then Sanji stating his body was injured in the prior chapters. Theres a whole lot of bullshit people can argue for either character for the simple fact that Oda didnt finish the fight.

Sanji vs Judge , Judge won the exchange . But theres variables to the fight...... Sanji wasnt taking damage from judge's attacks, Judge using wall and Sanji literally stopped attacking because of that. Sanjis Demeanor throughout the judge fight gave the impression that he wasnt really trying either..... Did that exchange really tell us Judge was stronger than Sanji?

With Sanji and Vergo I agree with your point, fight is inconclusive, that's a fair point.

Sanji vs Judge, Judge clearly won that fight, regardless of variables, it's eerlie similar to Zoro's fight with Killer and Zoro fainting, got distracted which showed Zoro's heavy lack of CoO and trust that Gyukimaru would not interfere.

That exchange yes it did, because Sanji was never winning the fight at any point. If Sanji was destroying Judge and then he did that, whole different ball game.

But but but Enma is not a magical sword :suresure:
Enma really isn't magic. He has to force it not to drain him out and so far it hasn't looked any better than Shusui.

Actual fights? The characters didnt even use their abilities. 1 to 2 named attacks in a clash is a fight? lol If Both characters are fine afterwards its a clash not an actual fight. Even if you want to call the judge fight a fight its not a serious fight like the following: When a fight gets the chapter title treatment it means the end of the fight will have One definitive winner. And all these fight had a victor which is why oda gave the chapters these titles. Sanji does not have fights like this post timeskip yet.

Look, I dig Sanji and he did just fine, but he got his ass dragged by Dofy whether he got his name in a title or not. We saw a definitive winner and we know what his limit is without RS.

Holy fuck, for real! Oda ignored that fucking plot LMAO
It's honestly not too late, especially with SBS. Wonder if he's ever written one to himself to talk about something he wants to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.