[FNZ] Role Madness Round 14: Code Geass - The Mafia Rebellion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melontonin

Blood Manipulation
That’s fine, you can express your views as often as you feel. I didn’t say doubling down was bad (although I definitely don’t know why you chose to do it), I would just like to come off Final for now. Do you think there’s anything to the Marimo case? Anything on Drago or Nat, the latter of whom Neutral is sussing?

About Marimo, he reminds me of last game as scum, but he also acted the exact same way when we were playing the Naruto game and he was town. So I don't have a clear view of him for now.
I don't have a read on Nat at the moment.
I didn't find Dragomir as helpful as usual, he was talking a lot about mechanics.

I want to know more about Gianfi and Light - I know there's something there that needs to be explored.
Post automatically merged:

If anyone is here pls filler me

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I didn't find Dragomir as helpful as usual, he was talking a lot about mechanics.
Well, sussing Drago would fit with thinking Final is town...I don’t believe the latter has a solid case, but the former IS hanging back just a bit. My money’s currently on Drago, but that’s capable of changing.

I want to know more about Gianfi and Light - I know there's something there that needs to be explored.
I think I’ll also take a look at them; I know Light posted something about him, and he and I are aligned on a lot of stuff at the moment, so I’m inclined to side with him for that reason (and Gianfi hasn’t done much of anything yet).

It's funny to read "he plays differently than last game" or "he plays similar to what he did in the last game" as a new player.

Screw you guys for real:pepeke::pepeke::pepeke:
You can ask us questions about whether or not something is normal for the game or a player, but your best bet as a newbie is to mostly observe. Read every post carefully, pick out anything that sounds strange, see if you can tie it back to something else that player said or did, and state a case; or, like I said, ask those of us with more experience to share our thoughts on something specific.

You think Light play differently this game?

This is big news.
Is that what she said? Neutral, you’re pulling a few things out of thin air this round...

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Well, sussing Drago would fit with thinking Final is town...I don’t believe the latter has a solid case, but the former IS hanging back just a bit. My money’s currently on Drago, but that’s capable of changing.

I think I’ll also take a look at them; I know Light posted something about him, and he and I are aligned on a lot of stuff at the moment, so I’m inclined to side with him for that reason (and Gianfi hasn’t done much of anything yet).

You can ask us questions about whether or not something is normal for the game or a player, but your best bet as a newbie is to mostly observe. Read every post carefully, pick out anything that sounds strange, see if you can tie it back to something else that player said or did, and state a case; or, like I said, ask those of us with more experience to share our thoughts on something specific.

Is that what she said? Neutral, you’re pulling a few things out of thin air this round...
Ok, in that case, what's the difference in Beta's playstyle from the last game?
:doffytroll::doffytroll::doffytroll:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Ok, in that case, what's the difference in Beta's playstyle from the last game?
:doffytroll::doffytroll::doffytroll:
I haven’t seen one yet. Final is possibly the only person you can’t read based on meta, as LC and a few others have said. As town, the kindest way to describe him is unhelpful; as scum, he normally acts the same way, just a bit louder. I’m inclined to go with the former notion right now.

Also, @NeutralWatcher, I responded to you but it got merged, just in case you don’t see it.

N

NeutralWatcher

What do you want to say? Melontonin said she wanted to explore more of Light so I assume she found Light weird. Be it how Lihgt play or other reason.

This is big news.

Why didn't she explore more of Finalbeta? Because she believed Finalbeta is town and she didn't try to explore him.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
What do you want to say? Melontonin said she wanted to explore more of Light so I assume she found Light weird. Be it how Lihgt play or other reason.

This is big news.

Why didn't she explore more of Finalbeta? Because she believed Finalbeta is town and she didn't try to explore him.
Right, you ASSUMED she found Light weird. Nothing about her post implied this to me, as she didn’t say anything specific about him or Gianfi. Why did you find this immediately odd, or targeted at Light?

I won’t defend the thing with Final, she and I have had that out recently and you can read her rationale there if you choose. However, between this and randomly asking Tris and I about a case on Nat that wasn’t ever brought up by anyone, I think you’re trying to sow discord where there’s been absolutely nothing.

Melontonin

Blood Manipulation
These are all of Marimo's posts.
The staring post gives me a non Marimo vibe. It's like he's trying to hard to make it known that he is town with the eradicate scum part. Feels a bit over the top, and non genuine. He wanted to make an entrance that would give off a townie vibe so that he could callback on it and assure that he would be viewed as town.

Then he moves on to discussing the game mechanics. Alright, first time bastard game and early on talks. But the part that stuck out to me was the newbies not being mafia just because they are new. A bit too forced. I was scum in my first game, and I am sure plenty of others here have been too. It's possible that one of the first timers is Marimo's mate and he wanted to clear the suspicion off them with a comment like that.

Then this part about explaining that he thought that new players wouldn't be mafia is also weird, since in Marimo's first game and my first game, the Kakegurui one, I was mafia, and as I said it was my first real game, not counting the turbo ones. So Marimo has already encountered first time players as mafia but he seemed to be perplexed at that notion now. Like I said, it's highly possible that he is scum and one of his mates is a first time player.

The 4 subsequent posts are mostly fluff, expressing his gratitude which to an extent is fine since the post he was responding to when saying thanks or welcome were posts for that. The nope I am town post was to Fuji who questioned him about what I stated above, that is the chance of one of the newbies being his scum mate. That's a fact post I guess was dedicated to JDB's joke lynch of Bogard post.

In the next batch of posts he talks about the this is big news thing. Ostensibly protesting against it or expressing his annoyance with it. As well as giving an explanation to Wordy, I believe, on why people are dissatisfied with it.

Here he's wondering about what's going on and what we have, seemingly testing the room to see what's going on and at which direction this could go with a push.

And here again explaining some stuff about the emote.

Continuing from the above seemingly testing the room post, unfortunately for him the answer he receives is that Beta is susing Drago, which let's be real, hinging on Beta's sus and reasons for susing someone is an unwise decision to put it softly, especially if one is scum.

To summarize.
> Opening post feels too forced and out of place, trying to get town cred early without doing much.
> Tries to steer away sus from newbies, ostensibly due to the fact that he might be scum and his mates one of the first time players
> When asked why says he thought newbies wouldn't be mafia, when in the first game both of us played, I was scum and it was my first time, hence he's acquainted with that concept.
> The rest of his posts are mostly fluff, with some explanations about the big news emote, and that one post that feels like testing the waters.
> As mentioned above, that post does not bode well for him since FB is the one susing Drago at the time, and as previously stated backing on FB's suses is not a good idea.

For now I am going to vote for him.

Vote lynch @Marimo_420 @Flower @krogothwolf
I am not entirely convinced by this. Some looks like tinfoil (what I have responded to below).

Marimo has a way of playing, at least from my perspective, where he acts the same way whether he is town or scum. In the Naruto game I went over all of his posts numerous times and he was exactly the same as he is now.

> Opening post feels too forced and out of place, trying to get town cred early without doing much.

Everyone writes "good luck" and "down with scums", it doesn't look forced at all.

> Tries to steer away sus from newbies, ostensibly due to the fact that he might be scum and his mates one of the first time players

Or maybe he can understand why raising sus on newbies is scummy? If he was scum himself don't you think he would coach them about how to respond?

> The rest of his posts are mostly fluff, with some explanations about the big news emote, and that one post that feels like testing the waters.

Again, I think he's just a fluffy player overall.

Perhaps my biggest problem with this is that Gianfi isn't that different compared to Marimo. Both are fluffy, one contributed even less, actually.

To me it feels like you're distancing yourself from Gianfi. As you said, we will see how he responds later in the day phase, but I'm not going to forget you dismissing him because Nat said he plays the same as town or scum. It looks like you are defending him.
But let's wait.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
I haven’t seen one yet. Final is possibly the only person you can’t read based on meta, as LC and a few others have said. As town, the kindest way to describe him is unhelpful; as scum, he normally acts the same way, just a bit louder. I’m inclined to go with the former notion right now.

Also, @NeutralWatcher, I responded to you but it got merged, just in case you don’t see it.
Why do you believe I'm louder as scum? 🤔

N

NeutralWatcher

Right, you ASSUMED she found Light weird. Nothing about her post implied this to me, as she didn’t say anything specific about him or Gianfi. Why did you find this immediately odd, or targeted at Light?
She wanted to explore Light so I assume she found Light weird. I have said this.

I won’t defend the thing with Final, she and I have had that out recently and you can read her rationale there if you choose. However, between this and randomly asking Tris and I about a case on Nat that wasn’t ever brought up by anyone, I think you’re trying to sow discord where there’s been absolutely nothing.
Are you scum this game? Because this is what you did when we were scums in cat game. Trying to paint town players as scum.

Tris and you asked about Natalija and I didn't find something weird about Natalija so I asked you two what's the case on Natalija.

This is big news.

Yuelyn

𝒞𝓇𝒾𝓂𝓈𝑜𝓃 𝑅𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝒮𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝐹𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇
Jew D Boy right now. He said I am trying to sow a discord here which is false when asking you and Jew D Boy about Natalija because you asked about Natalija IIRC.

This is big news.
I don't think I asked you about Nat...

After you asked me I asked you what you think about Cinera but you never answered me iirc.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
She wanted to explore Light so I assume she found Light weird. I have said this.

Are you scum this game? Because this is what you did when we were scums in cat game. Trying to paint town players as scum.

Tris and you asked about Natalija and I didn't find something weird about Natalija so I asked you two what's the case on Natalija.

This is big news.
Wanting to check someone out and automatically thinking they’re suspicious are two completely different things. Don’t forget you were also scum in that cat game and are currently doing the same thing that you’re accusing me of doing. I’m not painting anyone as scum, so you’re just making this into something else.

Jew D Boy right now. He said I am trying to sow a discord here which is false when asking you and Jew D Boy about Natalija because you asked about Natalija IIRC.

This is big news.
Does it get any more OMGUS than this? Why don’t you go ahead and vote for me, too?

@Tris Do you remember saying anything about Nat that would have triggered Neutral’s initial question to us? I don’t think I ever said anything about her past simply pointing out her read on Cin, which I had stated before she said anything at all.

Melontonin

Blood Manipulation
It's funny to read "he plays differently than last game" or "he plays similar to what he did in the last game" as a new player.

Screw you guys for real:pepeke::pepeke::pepeke:
Then start joining all the games :king:
By the way Seth, day 1 is the most unhelpful for new players because we rely a lot on how familiar we are with the way people play.

When day 2 comes you will feel a lot more comfortable joining the discussion because you'll have done some kind of night action which will give you clues about some players' alignment. But I have to stress this, you cannot speak about what you did at night at all (game rules). You can't say anything like "I visited so and so" or "I saw x player was visiting y player" or anything related to what abilities you have as that can get you mod-killed. The only way to play here is to look at how players behave or what they say and try to convince the town based on that. You have seen a few players do this already (for instance, Light built a case on Marimo), this is how to do it in a no-claim game.

As Jew said the best thing is to try to pick up on inconsistencies.

You think Light play differently this game?

This is big news.
Yeah somewhat. I want to hear more about him.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
By the way Seth, day 1 is the most unhelpful for new players because we rely a lot on how familiar we are with the way people play.
I realized that especially with Beta who is apparently known for playing opposite to what he's supposed to do xD.

I'm trying to slowly pick up the pace. I actually feel way better in this game.

But this is all for now:catpole:

Status
Not open for further replies.