Questions & Mysteries Will time correct itself?

So we know that the Scabbards were all thrust from the past, 20 years into the Future. But the way Oda chose to go about this is different than any form of Future Time travel we've seen in other works of fiction. Typically when a person travels from the past into the Future, there is always a version of their adult selves present within that timeline. However, the way it is done in One Piece, the future versions of the Scabbards don't exist. This, in a sense should have created a rift in the timeline, because the Scabbards don't belong there at their current ages, and instead the future versions of themselves should actually be present in this timeline. So my question is, is it possible that we might actually see time correct itself, and the scabbards go through some rapid growth because of it? Rapidly aging is something we've seen before in the series via Bonney, the Energy Steroids, and even Shinobu to a certain extent. This could have huge potential for Momonosuke, as he seems to be detrimental to the plot moving forward with his connection to the Dawn, Zunisha, and Kozuki clan who seem to be linked to the Void Century.

I think the way he handled it was the right way. If someone was sent into the future there should be no future version of him in this timeline unless he would go back into the past. Here they can only go forward in time so no future version seems fine.
But that's the thing. There should be future versions of themselves in the current timelines, because they don't belong there. Them getting sent to the future is what removes their future selves from the timeline. So their future selves who should exist, don't.

But that's the thing. There should be future versions of themselves in the current timelines, because they don't belong there. Them getting sent to the future is what removes their future selves from the timeline. So their future selves who should exist, don't.
I don't think there should be a future version of themselves. You said it yourself the fact that they were sent into the future removed their future selves from that future.

It would be like if someone was sent into the past then his future version is him in the past even though he doesn't belong there.

So them being sent into the future erased their potential future selves leaving just their past selves being their present and future selves.

One Piece actually did it correctly. If you're only able to jump forward, the only way you can meet yourself in the future is if you're in an alternate timeline where you can meet a version of yourself that never time travelled. So assuming you're in the same time line, you simply cease to exist (from the perspective of other observers in that time line) until your target destination. You didn't remove or erase a future version of yourself. You are the only version of yourself.

This is the timeline of events:
Momo:
------xxxxxxxxxx----->
Hiyori:
---------------------->

There is no other hypothetical "future" Momo, only 1 Momo.

Characters aging rapidly or vanishing as a result of time travel is max-level bro science.

This would make sense if the Scabbards didn't travel to their timeline but to an alternate timeline where they never went to the future and if time was stable and linear, but I see no reason why there should be future versions of themselves or why time should correct itself because there's nothing to correct since nowhere is it stated that wrapping time in order to jump from point A to point B is an unnatural event that needs to be fixed.

That would make things too messy in the story I think. I don't really want an alternate min-storyline addressing the current day or future scabbards.

I don't know, maybe my point wasn't clear enough. Yes, in One Piece there is only one singular, linear timeline, and time as we understand it, is consistent. A child is born, and through the passage of time eventually grows older and dies. One Piece has a theme in which deals with "The Flow of Time", and another theme that deals with "Fate and Destiny." In this sense, time should not be manipulated, because it goes against one of the themes of One Piece. In this timeline, if it plays out how it suppose to play out through the normal passage of time, the scabbards who passed through time should all be much older than they actually are. But since they passed through time, the versions of themselves who should be there because of time continuity, are not. This for all intents and purposes goes against the theme of the flow of time. So my question is would time correct itself because of this. Basically do you think Oda has put that much thought into it, or he's not going to go that deep into it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
So we know that the Scabbards were all thrust from the past, 20 years into the Future. But the way Oda chose to go about this is different than any form of Future Time travel we've seen in other works of fiction. Typically when a person travels from the past into the Future, there is always a version of their adult selves present within that timeline. However, the way it is done in One Piece, the future versions of the Scabbards don't exist. This, in a sense should have created a rift in the timeline, because the Scabbards don't belong there at their current ages, and instead the future versions of themselves should actually be present in this timeline. So my question is, is it possible that we might actually see time correct itself, and the scabbards go through some rapid growth because of it? Rapidly aging is something we've seen before in the series via Bonney, the Energy Steroids, and even Shinobu to a certain extent. This could have huge potential for Momonosuke, as he seems to be detrimental to the plot moving forward with his connection to the Dawn, Zunisha, and Kozuki clan who seem to be linked to the Void Century.
I have mentioned this on several occasions and been shot down each time...it makes perfect fuckin’ sense, there have to be some delayed effects from traveling two decades into the future. Imagine Momo suddenly growing into his 28 year old self, being able to fight like an adult and (more importantly) ruling Wano in his father’s stead after all is said and done here. Otherwise, he’s just gonna be a sniveling eight-year-old punk with authority over an entire nation. Which outcome sounds better to y’all?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
One Piece actually did it correctly. If you're only able to jump forward, the only way you can meet yourself in the future is if you're in an alternate timeline where you can meet a version of yourself that never time travelled. So assuming you're in the same time line, you simply cease to exist (from the perspective of other observers in that time line) until your target destination. You didn't remove or erase a future version of yourself. You are the only version of yourself.

This is the timeline of events:
Momo:
------xxxxxxxxxx----->
Hiyori:
---------------------->

There is no other hypothetical "future" Momo, only 1 Momo.

Characters aging rapidly or vanishing as a result of time travel is max-level bro science.
Applying real world “logic” about a totally speculative type of science to a series where the primary focus is on people eating fruits that give them magical powers and then mercilessly beating the shit out of each other... *chef’s kiss*