Anime Discussion Shaman King General discussion.

With Shaman King coming back in 2021, And seemingly going to follow the Manga (and hopefully the Bonus content, that was excluded in the final manga) this could be the Thread to talk about Shaman King. So that other Threads don't get Side tracked and deleted.

Shaman king was one of my favourite anime as a kid. Rewatched it a while back with my kid bro still great.
Shaman King is definitely one of my favorite anime for sure. Hao is my favorite character btw:kata:
did either of you guys read the Manga? it diverged from the Anime right as the Manga was getting more serious and "adult", dealing with Hell and death. The Anime is good, but the Manga is a hidden Gem that I'm glad is getting more attention.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
The trailer looks promising but I'm scared it may be the same situation as it was with NNT season 3.

Good looking trailer = Trashy pacing and anime in general.

+ Manga is not that interesting as everyone thinks ( I read it and sequel too ).

It would be good if they change a little.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
The trailer looks promising but I'm scared it may be the same situation as it was with NNT season 3.

Good looking trailer = Trashy pacing and anime in general.

+ Manga is not that interesting as everyone thinks ( I read it and sequel too ).

It would be good if they change a little.
I agree, the ending was underwhelming, (But that was do to behind the sense issues), add some writing talent, and adapt it better for an "Anime Pace" and it will be fine.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I agree, the ending was underwhelming, (But that was do to behind the sense issues), add some writing talent, and adapt it better for an "Anime Pace" and it will be fine.
Ending + if everyone saw the first version of the anime they will be disappointed with how boring the story becomes after it.

That's why I hope they will change it.

Ending + if everyone saw the first version of the anime they will be disappointed with how boring the story becomes after it.

That's why I hope they will change it.
I think there's enough cool things, like Double Oversouls, Armored Oversouls, the Patch, and other things to work with. but they definitely need a way to make the slower parts and talking more interesting.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
never got into the original anime (also I wasn't born during this time either lol), hopefully it'll be enjoyable since its covering all of the chapters instead of only some (kinda what HxH 1999 did, and what transpired in HxH 2011)
You should definitely watch the first version of anime.

It made my childhood a little better:steef:

S

Shuyaku

Haven't watched this since i was a kid and it was airing on a shitty romanian cartoon channel, but i have good memories of it.

Will be checking out the remake.

(wait they were fighting using stands ? lmfao)

Goated manga.

First episode felt a bit rushed, idk how many episodes they're planning but I hope they slow down the pacing a bit.

Animation is good.

Opening spoils a lot, It's a shame.