Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

• Bad

• Total voters
I really feel bad for Rei Todoroki, she was making so much progress on getting better and now you have this. Finding out that her eldest son that she thought was dead is actually alive and that he became a villain that killed so many innocent people, the son that was horribly abused by Endeavor all of this is probably going to have Rei mentally break down.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Yeah no I don't see that happening, Best Jeanist is strong but there is no way he himself can take down Machia especially with the other villains there. Machia is just way too strong and imo he's a endgame villain so I don't see him being defeated during this arc, I think instead of fighting Best Jeanist will just try to rescue everyone.
not "beating" but its like stopping machia from moving. he even bring gigantic wire/cable in the plane.
So its quite obvious Jeanist will making a move next chapter or next couple of chapter.

And if he does that, i really hope Jeanist rise in rank.
And if he take #1 spot, that pretty mindblowing

not "beating" but its like stopping machia from moving. he even bring gigantic wire/cable in the plane.
So its quite obvious Jeanist will making a move next chapter or next couple of chapter.

And if he does that, i really hope Jeanist rise in rank.
And if he take #1 spot, that pretty mindblowing
If it's just trying to stop Machia temporarily I could maybe see that but even then I don't think it's going to be that easy and it might not even work, as for becoming the number 1 hero while that would be cool I don't think that's going to happen.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
If it's just trying to stop Machia temporarily I could maybe see that but even then I don't think it's going to be that easy and it might not even work, as for becoming the number 1 hero while that would be cool I don't think that's going to happen.
Lot of UA students still not injured right,
And if Jeanist able to stop Machia, LoV will make a move.

The Dabi twist is a perfect example of why just knowing something is going to happen in a story doesn't make it any less enjoyable or exciting.

It's like Alfred Hitchcock's famous "bomb under the table" analogy. Theres a bomb under the table. You know it's going to go off. You just don't know when or how.

Thats what twists like this are like. Knowing it doesn't detract from the enjoyment. And what a moment for it to take place. For this to come out precisely when the Heroes are at their lowest? If faith in hero society wasn't already crumbling it's absolutely shattered now. Yet somehow it feels like it's only going to get worse from here.
Post automatically merged:

I wanna ramble about something I didn't get to talk about, and thats the clash between Toga & Ochako in Chapter 289.

Dunno if anybody said it already but theres a clear idological clash between these two characters that was set up. The differences between them and what makes them the same were highlighted throughout the chapter. But the main idea that seems to be explored here is how they parallel eachother in the sense that both characters represent love.

Toga's twisted love & Ochako's pure love for Deku. Toga brings up the inherent problem with trying to suppress your feelings whether they be twisted or otherwise. They only grow stronger and burst forth. This is clear foreshadowing and an ominous warning for what will happen to Ochako if she keeps suppressing her feelings for Deku. She can't keep her feelings closed off forever.

Toga initially wanted to ask Ochako and Deku about Heroism. ABout where they draw the line. At the end of the chapter she seems to have found her answer. But we don't quite get to see the conclusion she came to. I do think it's interesting how Ochako seems genuinely concerned that Toga was crying afterward. Guess we'll have to wait to fully understand what Toga is thinking.

One last thing: another thing highlighted in recent chapters by Bakugo is that the secret of One For All can't be held forever. Meaning that the secret is gonna come out soon. And given everything thats happened here I think a whole lotta people are gonna have some questions.