Votes: 5 3.4%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
This was a great chapter. Probably the best of the whole Raid, rivaled only by the one where Momo delivered his speech.

To start off, Nami stole the show. It's expected for power houses like Luffy or Zoro to stand up to an overwhelming enemy while on the verge of death, but it means a lot more coming from someone like Nami or Usopp that would turn tail at the slightest opportunity. Here, Nami was offered a chance to be spared. None of her crewmates would hold it against her for trying to save her hide with a white lie, but her faith and devotion to Luffy are greater than her own life.

I can't help but think this moment was in reference to this little moment the human duo had back in Act 2.

It reinforces that the crew are equally a group of friends travelling as they are a Pirate crew. They are capable of making remarks and jabs at eachother, but when push comes to shove, they will stand by their friends 1000%.

But let's not overlook Usopp either, he stood his ground against two Flying 6 members by himself in the effort to protect Nami. He even took two headbutts for her sake, too.

And after he's put down, his immediate concern wasn't himself, but Nami, assuring her it's ok to lie in order to save herself, and later shouting for her to escape. His only mistake was not having enough faith in his partner to stand up for their captain's honor. Besides that, fantastic character moments for two characters that were sorely neglected this arc.

In the last moment, they get a chance at a second wind with Tama and her Komainu arriving on the scene. This is good.

1. It's in character for Tama to seek trouble and sneak in.
2. Tama's ability to tame beasts was first introduced back at the very beginning of the arc. It would make no sense for it not to play later on.
3. It explains what the silhouette behind Robin and Jinbe was.
4. It now provides Usopp and Nami a means to defeat their opponent through Tama's powers, and later the rest of the enemy forces. It'll be interesting to see how the Beast Pirates respond to this. No doubt it'll force the big guns like King and Queen to finally take a more active role in the battles.

Speaking of Queen, seems Oda's setting up for his eventual clash with Sanji, whilst revealing an interesting new plotpoint between Queen and Germa. I wonder what kind of relationship the two have had. Either way, it makes the prospective Sanji vs Queen battle, one I've advocated since the start, even more intriguing than a simple "Sanji fights the 3rd guy."

Not too much to comment on the other stuff in the chapter, but two things I noticed were Drake still insisting on his hatred for Apoo and Marco taking notice of the events inside the dome.

Oda has to be leading somewhere with this Drake-Apoo beef. Perhaps it's a way of characterizing Apoo. Maybe it's related to the reason Drake had to go undercover to begin with.

And the Marco things just feels unnerving to me because his powers seem like the perfect counter to the Ice Oni plague. Fire melts ice, and in this scenario, you'd have a special disease type ice being cured by a special healing fire. Marco even notes his flames' special properties to Big Mom a while earlier, so these read like seeds, to me. Which is why it bothers me. If Marco solves the whole Ice Oni issue, it'd render this entire game of tag pointless. It would also be the biggest disrespect to Chopper. Not only does he not solve the Ice Oni problem, he gets infected and needs another doctor to help him. I still have faith in Oda reconciling all this in the end. Maybe he plans it out to where Chopper and Marco ultimately work together to cure this disease.

All in all, great chapter with some strong character moments, seeds planting, and new twists to shake things up moving forward.

Last edited:
First of all of course queen is referring to zoro as second strongest . Zoro is worst generation alongside luffy and the one piece world views him as the vice captain . Sanji fans please don’t let your desperation show and stink up this thread. Also @mods it’s is a shame you let True God Moe use this Alt account . This is obviously him as you can see from the repeated use of zoroliebers and the use of “Xd” which was moes trademark . I guess you’ll continue to do nothing about it though even though it’s Blatantly in your face .
Post automatically merged:

Zoro is way stronger then sanji . Sanji has shit feats and no haki hype . Are you deluded ? You can never put Sanji over zoro feats wise . Only cooking and baking let’s Sanji go ahead
triggered?

Like she was broken down in Udon to join the crew, that’s why she’s so fanatical?
Yes, something like that....I mean she is truly sweet character, but that violance then comes from nowhere, I'm assuming, that she survived something like that, where she was the one beaten to death. Plus to that...like whole Kaido crew building on tortures idea...so this is like Mord-Sith from "Seeker", she was broken, and now she is doing same thing with others.

In the last moment, they get a chance at a second wind with Tama and her Komainu arriving on the scene. This is good.

1. It's in character for Tama to seek trouble and sneak in.
2. Tama's ability to tame beasts was first introduced back at the very beginning of the arc. It would make no sense for it not to play later on.
3. It explains what the silhouette behind Robin and Jinbe was.
4. It now provides Usopp and Nami a means to defeat their opponent through Tama's powers, and later the rest of the enemy forces. It'll be interesting to see how the Beast Pirates respond to this. No doubt it'll force the big guns like King and Queen to finally take a more active role in the battles.
Good post, but I still don't support that part.

Nobody can come up with a convincing explanation how an 8-year old girl and her gigantic dog can somehow suddenly appear on the battlefield in Onigashima.

She couldn't have "sneaked" on a ship, since she would've had to hide that massive dog from hundreds of other people on actually rather small ships. Let's be honest, that's ridiculous.

She couldn't have tamed a bird to fly her over, since - once again - that bird would've had to carry her dog, too. That means that bird would've been dragon-sized and easily spotted by Kaido & Co. on the rooftop.

Some wildcard character helping her is also a bit far-fetched. She just got back to the Tengu, who was adamant on keeping her out of trouble. Which "friendly" character would actually support an 8-year old girl to take part in a brutal slaughterfest? Not even Luffy & Co. would be that bold/supportive here.

Some people say Ussope and Nami might get back up and actualy beat P1 and Ulti - typical shonen manga style, but the problem i saw with them beating those guys is stil there and this is their physical difference.
So we see Ulti and P1 basicaly walking thru everything Ussope throws in their way and all Ussope can do is just accept that Ulti is gonna headbutt him again. He just can't physicaly counter it or even dodge it. The difference is too big.
Tricks alone won't make the difference even out. Like seen in this chapter, they just bulldozer thru everything. Oda would have to nerf P1 and Ulti ALOT! to make Ussope and Nami win. But realisticaly, they just can't win against them. It was the same with Kalifa. Nami should have never won against her. Kalifa was way to fast for Nami and could just speed blitz her. But nooo...
This is just bad writing. And i am afraid it's gonna be the exact same here if Ussope and Nami, if they really end up fighting them as their final arc fight.

I am not saying it won't or can't happen, but that there will be alot of bad writing needed to make it possibel.

Status
Not open for further replies.