General & Others The Whitebeard pirates never knew Wano was Kaido’s territory for 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bit of a simplification. He didn't have an unnecessary fight with Whitebeard, he wanted to challenge the strongest man in the world known for rivalling his biological father because of his existential complex and his angry personality before finding a family, and Jinbe just happened to stand in his way. I see nothing "unnecessary" about it.
And then he continued to try and attack the man every chance he got, (even in his sleep) despite knowing the vast difference in strength between them.

And then he continued to try and attack the man every chance he got, (even in his sleep) despite knowing the vast difference in strength between them.
So? It was more of a psychological motivation than anything. The important part wasn't just Whitebeard being the strongest man but being Roger's rival and a father figure who loved his sons, which is exactly what Ace always lacked.

H

Haoshoku

Wasn't it only just the Sabaody arc when Doflamingo stated that SMILES were about to become the new thing? Did the factories exist prior to that?
Wano's full on decline didn't start until after Ace visited there.
Not even a viable excuse. Factories were already built by the time Oden came back:
By the time Ace got there, Wano was in worse shape than when Oden returned.
Given Ace's track record, he could have just went to Wano to challenge Kaido from the beginning
Cool, but absolutely nothing suggests that.

I honestly don’t see how this can be contested after 998, its an inconsistency plain and simple.

Edit: Nvm, @Owl Ki already pointed it out.

So? It was more of a psychological motivation than anything. The important part wasn't just Whitebeard being the strongest man but being Roger's rival and a father figure who loved his sons, which is exactly what Ace always lacked.
So, that makes it necessary for Ace to continuously attack him, despite losing to him left and right?
Post automatically merged:

Not even a viable excuse. Factories were already built by the time Oden came back:
By the time Ace got there, Wano was in worse shape than when Oden returned.

Cool, but absolutely nothing suggests that.

I honestly don’t see how this can be contested after 998, its an inconsistency plain and simple.
@Owl Ki beat you to it. I concede.

So, that makes it necessary for Ace to continuously attack him, despite losing to him left and right?
Pretty much, yes. I don't see what you're exactly trying to convey with this "necessary" argument, anyways, what would make his attacks "necessary" from your point of view and what do you understand by "necessary"? Because I can totally see the reasoning behind Ace's behavior even if it's just for the sake of growing or achieving a small goal, which he finally did once he burned him.

Well...Ace wanted to kill Kaido , it's highly unlikely that WB didn't knew about Kaido's whereabouts. We will get proper explanation about it in upcoming (possible) Ace's flashback. Specially to know he went there on his own or on WB's command etc.
Otherwise this gonna be the first big plot loop in One Piece by Oda

Jiihad

Survivors Guilt
I honestly don't give a shit about the man's "honor", but I'm not like you guys who refuse to look at things from alternative angles to see if the pieces can somehow fit. :kayneshrug:
When Izo and Marco said they didn’t know how bad it was, we were told to also wait. Then we got this new info and since it doesn’t make em look good, we’re told to wait for another explanation......

We have no idea if he will ever explain it, so until he does it’s a plot hole/massive inconsistency

At what point did he jus fuck up

When Izo and Marco said they didn’t know how bad it was, we were told to also wait. Then we got this new info and since it doesn’t make em look good, we’re told to wait for another explanation......

We have no idea if he will ever explain it, so until he does it’s a plot hole/massive inconsistency

At what point did he jus fuck up
And that's what I said, until proven otherwise, it is to be considered a plot hole/inconsistency. But there is nothing wrong with people trying to make sense of it in the meantime. It has nothing to do with defending Oda, but rather wanting a story we've been following for 10-15+ years to maintain a certain level of consistency, and not leave us scratching our heads like what the fuck?

J

Jo_Ndule

:myman:

Wano will surpass WCI?:milaugh:

Wano is canon?:suresure: this arc is a filler with Canon stuff
Too long for nothing so far,..
50+ chapters if set ups...
UDON summer camp...
Calamities didnt do much since 25 years ago as fighters,... it's only kaido who got to beat people, calsmities feeling less of a threat....
Important battles are written poorly: kaido vs Oden, Jack vs dukes.
Too much dragging
Wanks : Oden and Ace
Characters became retarded: the 5 year plot with Oden and Orochi ... WBP never cared or even visited Wano to check on Oden.... BMP can't use their powers to just move the ship easily to Onigashima

:endthis:

Status
Not open for further replies.