Speculations Why didn’t BB take Magellan’s fruit

Title, it just dawned on me but Sengoku said that Magellan was Overrun by the escaping prisoners as well as the BB pirates/Shiryuu.

So the question is, why didn’t he take Magellan’s fruit? It’s quite the OP one, he could’ve given it to any of his crew mates. After all, we have them going around hunting for good fruits to steal.
he wants something else
we still dont know if there's a limit on the amount of fruits he can consume.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Good question. They had the strenght to overcome him at such point, so I wonder why not doing so. I feel like perhaps they felt it was not the case to risk so much attention drawn to themselves, cause infiltrating a second time is not quite the same as the first time. Marine would have been more alerted overall.

He did not know if it works and how it actually works.

I think he played it safe and first tried it on Gura.
More reason to try it out on one of his crewmembers.
If he wasn't sure if it would work or kill him instead, he could have used one of the Prisoners or crewmember as Guinea Pig.

@Fujishiro maybe he didn't trust his crewmembers enough and it was risky to give em such an op df before he had eaten Gura Gura no mi. BB wouldn't be the strongest anymore and, his authority may have been challenged thn.

As for why he didn't consume it himself, there might be limits on how many can a person even bizaare like BB can consume and he had desired dfs in mind.

More reason to try it out on one of his crewmembers.
If he wasn't sure if it would work or kill him instead, he could have used one of the Prisoners or crewmember as Guinea Pig.

@Fujishiro maybe he didn't trust his crewmembers enough and it was risky to give em such an op df before he had eaten Gura Gura no mi. BB wouldn't be the strongest anymore and, his authority may have been challenged thn.

As for why he didn't consume it himself, there might be limits on how many can a person even bizaare like BB can consume and he had desired dfs in mind.
Maybe he can only extract one fruit with it?
Then he would have wasted the chance on a fruit he did not aim for.
Or any fruit he extracts only is absorbed by himself.
There are tons od possibilities.

Calypso

"It is warm within the mansions of Hel"
Title, it just dawned on me but Sengoku said that Magellan was Overrun by the escaping prisoners as well as the BB pirates/Shiryuu.

So the question is, why didn’t he take Magellan’s fruit? It’s quite the OP one, he could’ve given it to any of his crew mates. After all, we have them going around hunting for good fruits to steal.
If the diarrhea is caused by the fruit I wouldn't steal it too.​

Because the collateral damage of poison-man Burgess would have fucked the rest of the crew, Magellan didn't want the guards to stay near him even with entire medical teams and prepared antidotes existing within Impel Down, BBP can't afford carrying antidotes all the time just for Burgess' toxic ass breath.

Magellan is stationed in Impel Down, diarrhea won't affect him as much as it would to a sailor. Magellan can freely take a shit in every level, then go fuck up whomever is infiltrating the prison. The fruit does not nerf him that much.