Theory Scopper Gaban is one of the founders of the Revolutionary Army

One of the things that interested me the most is if Oda intends to ever use Scopper Gaban's character and where will it fit in the current story line but going off Oda's record he never leave characters that have this much importance out without making any comeback or impact on the world

So why in the Revolutionary Army and let alone a founder of this org ?

This is imo the best fit for this character to return and have an impact especially because of Rayleigh's comments

In this Rayleigh says "Maybe we and maybe Ohara too maybe we all tried to go too fast" implying that both Roger Pirates and Ohara tried to do something with the information they got from LaughTale but couldn't do it cause of Roger's illness and we know what happened to Ohara (or at least part of it)

That said I don't think that Roger's crew members who also learned the history of the world would all just want a peaceful life after that discovery and won't try to change the world themselves like the few we know so far in Rayleigh , Oden and Crocus all chose to retire and chill ... But I really believe that we will see some that fought against the Government for change and who better would it be than 3rd strongest from the Pirate King's crew

Another thing, Dragon was 31 years old at Roger's execution and he was one of the people that was inspired and present at Roger's execution and most importantly he went after that and founded the Revo Army (according to a Vivre Card Revo Army was founded between 24 and 19 years ago) ...

And one of the biggest questions is why Dragon chose this destiny knowing he would be opposing Garp and the way he was raised , how does Dragon know so much about the WG and the void history and this will be a pretty good explanation that he knew everything from Gaban

Gaban and Dragon formed the Revolutionary Army 24~ years ago and their goal is to over throw the WG and do what Roger couldn't do ... It would also make the Revo Army a lot more interesting imo cause I think it's pretty meh that the 2nd strongest of this huge org is Sabo the new kid and Dragon doesn't have an equal or a partner to him

never understood the hype for this gaban dude

let Oda give him "SOMETHING .... ANYTHING" on screen ... before hyping him

he is the most featless and hypeless man .... and yet people randomly give him high power or importance

I dont think Rayleigh words hint such thing. But It wouldn't be bad, rather interesting. Something original.
Just worry if it might not undermine Drago character somewhat? I guess it depends on what story Oda comes up with.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I dont think Rayleigh words hint such thing. But It wouldn't be bad, rather interesting. Something original.
Just worry if it might not undermine Drago character somewhat? I guess it depends on what story Oda comes up with.
Maybe Scopper wasn't the "founder" of the Revos but his influence on Dragon was?

Maybe he told Dragon everything?

I don't see Scopper being a revolutionary i think Dragon did it by himself
Scopper just like Rayliegh has retired imo and is awaiting the day that joyboy comes to change the world
We will see him pretty soon i think and maybe he can give us some info on the last RP or the Rox pirates
never understood the hype for this gaban dude

let Oda give him "SOMETHING .... ANYTHING" on screen ... before hyping him

he is the most featless and hypeless man .... and yet people randomly give him high power or importance
Why not? If you have a problem with scopper don't read the thoeries about him :kayneshrug:
He is part of Roger's crew, is one of his 2 top men, knows what one piece is ofc people are interested to see where he is and when he's gonna appear in the story
If Oda showed us Wb's second divission commander he's gonna show us Roger's second commander as well

Scopper just like Rayliegh has retired imo and is awaiting the day that joyboy comes to change the world
We will see him pretty soon i think and maybe he can give us some info on the last RP or the Rox pirates

Why not? If you have a problem with scopper don't read the thoeries about him :kayneshrug:
He is part of Roger's crew, is one of his 2 top men, knows what one piece is ofc people are interested to see where he is and when he's gonna appear in the story
If Oda showed us Wb's second divission commander he's gonna show us Roger's second commander as well
I hate overhype ... and gaban is way too overhyped ....

and Dragon FOUNDED the RA 19 years ago ... so this theory is baseless

I don't think it will undermine Dragon's character personally especially cause most big names had a "partner" like

Luffy & Zoro
WhiteBeard & Oden (called him brother)
Roger & Rayleigh (called him partner)
Garp & Sengoku

The list goes on, every single big name has a duo , the only character that you fail to do that with rn would be Blackbeard ... And Oda emphesis such relations and dynamic a lot in the series and from what we know in the Revo Army Dragon has subbordinates but no partner
Even Ivankov/Kuma who seemed close to him didnt even know his origin for the longest time and in his vivre card it says that dragon has a secret that will shock all his subbordinates but they will still follow him anyway ... And it can't be Sabo obviously cause they are neither of equal state nor equal strength imo

It just fits well and it answers both questions onto "Why Dragon chose to found the Revos" and "How he obtained info on the WG and ancient history"

Also one last thing and it's a bit personal is that i feel massively underwhelmed by the org's higher ups so far like the 4 Commanders revealed are so meh to such a hyped org that I feel they need 1 strong member equal to Dragon to compensate that

Maybe Scopper wasn't the "founder" of the Revos but his influence on Dragon was?

Maybe he told Dragon everything?

Yeah could be like that , like a Shanks/Luffy relationship but I feel if he's willing to share such info he would be involved with the org itself

I would really hate if every single one of them literally decided to retire and become irrelevant one of the main reasons I thought Rayleigh retired is because he got old and he was active even after Roger Like every character that hits 70 calls himself a washed up or retired, we've seen it with Garp , Sengoku and WB too

Out of the 4 main people from Roger's crew , Roger , Rayleigh , Gaban and Oden ... for me Gaban felt the youngest out of the 4

If they were alive Roger rn would be 77 , Rayleigh 78 , Oden 59 and Gaban is probably even lower than that so in his prime as a character close to Dragon 55

it would be just a shame to not use a character like that in his prime in any big conflict and have him "retire" and wait for Joyboy

I hate overhype ... and gaban is way too overhyped ....

and Dragon FOUNDED the RA 19 years ago ... so this theory is baseless

1- Idk why am I overhyping a character when I'm just saying he would be a co-founder of an org and he will have a role to play in the story ... i didnt even address any powerlevel or anything of that sort and if you think bring him up to any discussion is overhyping him then tell me a single character that Oda introduced and overlooked ?

Like every single character get a role to have and comeback in the story , even some1 pointed out how the 2nd division Commander of WB had his role in the story

You think the 3rd strongest character from the Roger Pirates , a character that Oda had in mind since early chapters of One Piece you think that character will server no purpose ?

2- Idk if you read the theory or not but I literally said Dragon founded the Revos between 24 years ago (Roger's death) and 19 years ago (Luffy's birth)

And this literally proves my point that Roger's death had some impact on it one way or another and Dragon was present at Roger's execution that day ... and this is not just for Gaban it could be any other member of the Roger Pirates that joined Dragon , it would just be more impactful if it's a higher up character like Gaban

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Yeah could be like that , like a Shanks/Luffy relationship but I feel if he's willing to share such info he would be involved with the org itself
Nah not really. I can totally imagine Scopper telling everything to young info hungry Dragon and then read about Revos in the newspaper.

Nah not really. I can totally imagine Scopper telling everything to young info hungry Dragon and then read about Revos in the newspaper.
do you think he can just casually give up such insane information to the son of the Hero of the marines and what ppl speculate at the time a marine himself , just like that casually ?

if every member of the Roger Pirates would do that the One Piece wouldn't be secret anymore we would've heard of it by now ... But he would've needed obviously assuming this is all true to trust him and have a partnership with him to tell him such thing

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
do you think he can just casually give up such insane information to the son of the Hero of the marines and what ppl speculate at the time a marine himself , just like that casually ?
Yes. Looking at what Rayleigh wanted to do on Sabaody I can totally see drunken Scopper Gaban telling the tales to the kids around the bar.

I swear it would be jokes if drunk Scopper was telling the stories about the WG and the one kid that took them seriously was actually Dragon xD.

Actually that's a good connection, only to learn the real history is finding laugh tale and only Roger and his crew did that, but one problem; an ex famous pirate can't be a political idealist that people would follow for their ideals.

Dragon as an apprentice might be in Roger’s crew once. We know nothing about his past.

If an ex pirate, and a famous one such as Scopper Gaban is the founder of the Revolutionaries then that would simply not work. Revolutionaries shouldn't be criminals like pirates.

But if Dragon as an apprentice worked in Roger’s crew without being famous (like Teach in WB's crew) then no one knew about it and it made sense why people believed in a political idealist who isn't a famous pirate once.

Just for the things Gaban in japanese is translated as drawing board.

He was probably navigator for Roger pirates if anything it will be Nami who will likely learn will learn how to navigate final island from him.

As for rev army i am not sure if he was ever leader but it will make sense if there were previous leaders before dragon and he left mid way because of his advanced age.

Last edited:
If an ex pirate, and a famous one such as Scopper Gaban is the founder of the Revolutionaries then that would simply not work. Revolutionaries shouldn't be criminals like pirates.

I more specifically said if Gaban is involved he would be "one" of the founders like a co-founder who act in the dark and not many ppl would know of him ... Also about Revolutionary can't be pirates that's nonsense cause almost every revo that we know of is or was a pirate

And one more thing apparently for Dragon's backstory he has a big secret that would shock his followers but they would still follow him anyway which I expect to be that he was a marine at some point and no he can't be an apprentice on Roger's ship

Imho Sanji and Zoro arent R and G. Like Lufy isnt roger.

This is not the point of my post but these connections do exist at least for Zoro and Luffy to Rayleigh and Roger